• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon from previous regions in BW?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yes, I want to see his old team come back. I want Torterra to win a battle, and I want him to evolve Gible into a Garchomp. Oh, and to see Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape and (hopefully Garchomp, if not - something else) clear out a strong trainer.

However, I also want him to get a fully-evolved water-type starter.

But I definitely don't want old pokémon throughout the region - random collections of Bulbasaur in Hoenn made no sense.

I wouldn't mind if there were other-region legendaries (i.e. Cresselia, Zapdos etc. that can easily travel about, not another Latios) in the Pokémon League.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    Yes, I want to see his old team come back. I want Torterra to win a battle, and I want him to evolve Gible into a Garchomp. Oh, and to see Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape and (hopefully Garchomp, if not - something else) clear out a strong trainer.

However, I also want him to get a fully-evolved water-type starter.

But I definitely don't want old pokémon throughout the region - random collections of Bulbasaur in Hoenn made no sense.

I wouldn't mind if there were other-region legendaries (i.e. Cresselia, Zapdos etc. that can easily travel about, not another Latios) in the Pokémon League.

I'm getting the feeing Oshawott will be his first fully-evolved water-type starter.

I just thought that it might be funny how Gible (if it somehow evolved into Garhchomp) may react to Charizard and vice-versa. Has the potential to be a good rivalry IMO. But yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing one or two legendaries from other previous Gen in Unova. Although I highly doubt that will happen considering how many legendaries Unova has itself.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    I'm getting the feeing Oshawott will be his first fully-evolved water-type starter.
    I don't see that coming... in fact I think Mijumaru won't evolve even into Futachimaru... I can see it as new Pochama.

legendaries from other previous Gen in Unova. Although I highly doubt that will happen considering how many legendaries Unova has itself.
    Well Sinnoh did have lots of legends as well.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Ah, but Latios only appeared in Sinnoh because it hadn't made a main-series anime appearance (just a movie and a couple of specials). And to be a reasonable excuse for Pikachu to lose - a pokémon that resists 3 of his 4 moves. Latias is coming in the BW arc (admittedly not in Unova), so it's always a possibility...Giratina has yet to appear in the main anime, after all.

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    personally I would like to see some past region Pokemon in Unova. Its such a big region and there are only about 150+ of 5th gen pokemon. thats not enough.

Maybe the return of Mewtwo? since as said on bulbapedia it is somewhere in a big city far2 away. (think someone made a thread about this) (Castelia City perhaps the location?)

maybe and extra 50 pokemon from other regions would suffice, as we also need to consider that ash will be competing with alot of trainers in such a big region we don't want the circulation of pokemon to be short amoung trainers.

on another matter it does worry me a bit since Ash is/will be catching more than 10 Unova exclusive Pokemon and he is also rotatating his six (for the first time in history) we mite be face with a possibility that come Pokemon League he will only be using his Unova team (the 6 he has + the ones left with Prof. Juniper)

well guess only time will tell.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2012
    I would be furious if Ash ditches all of his Pokemon during the Unova League. He's got a Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape, and Torterra. USE THEM.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    If Ash maintains a rotation a catches a dozen or so pokemon then I see it as Unova pokemon and Pikachu only.
    Spoiler:
    I am in favor of keeping it Unova and Pikachu only if at least one of his starters ends up being full evolved by Unova League and him catching some other pokemon that could be powerhouses like reoccurring Krokorok.

Years
    I think all old Pokemon from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh should make an appearance. I think the BW anime focusses too much on Unova Region Pokemon.

Back