• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Fusion and Gold Revamp Sprites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Hi I'm Pokedra. I throughly enjoying making Pokemon sprites and like to share some sprites I'm about to use in my sprite series. Please check them out if you have the time. They're in my Sig.

PM me if you want to use them but don't steal please.

Detang

Scallade

Sun-Oh

DeEdge

They're not the best but feel free to comment on them.
    Also please take a look at the vids in my sig. Thanks.

Last edited:
    Years
    These are pretty good. I love the 'Scallade' one, very well made.
    But, as said before, SAVE AS .PNG!!!!!! xP They're the best format to save in!

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Thanks and please take a look at the vids in my sig. The sprites here are used in them. Thanks

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    These sprites are made very nicely. I really like the Scallade and Sun-Oh one.
    Nice Job :classic:

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Pokemon Gold Sprite Revamps

These are some of my revamps/recolours of my favorite sprites of Pokemon Gold. Feel free to rate and comment on them.

If you'd like to use them, please PM me for permission. Otherwise please do not steal.

My Favorite

This is my favorute revamp that I've done. Lugia in Pokemon Gold looked awesome and I took the Platinum sprite, recoloured the Gold sprte and fixed some pointers.

Runner-Up

My Blissey is my second best sprite. I have to add some shading because the Pokemon Gold Blissey was hardly shaded.

Ho-oh

I might've stuffed up some of the shading but I think the rest looks pretty decent.

Scyther

This sprite was sort of rushed but the result wasn't too bad I reckon. I reshaded his wings and claws and basically recoloured him and made him like more D/P'ish.

Pidgeot

Pidgeot is a so-so sprite. I didn't edit much, I added shading to his lower section and recoloured him.

Heracross

Horrible sprite. It was rushed and the eyes are horrible.

Meganium

Looks fine. but it looks old and I should've added a bit more shading but its looks good I think.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Looks fairly nice! Will you revamp the trainer sprites as well? I will probably use them in my game Pokemon HOF and I will give you credit for sure.
    Sure! Which ones do you need?
    I'll revamp some trainer and the main character then!

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
    Sure! Which ones do you need?
    I'll revamp some trainer and the main character then!

Well the trainer classes that do not appear in Gen I and Gen III are badly needed, such as Fire breather and Skier. I'd appreciate your help very much if you can do this. You may still revamp other trainer classes like Beauty and swimmer for fun.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Hiya~
    They look good, however some of the outlines are all black or mostly black. (Examples are Meganium.) Try and use lighter colours, especially from where the light source is coming from. Apart from that, the shading looks nice and they are excellent. :D I especially love the Lugia one :3

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
    Requests are against the rules. You should stop before you get an infraction.

You're saving the sprites as JPEG, which is very bad because JPEG is inherently lossy. Lossy formats are never good for pixel art. From now on, save as GIF or PNG instead because they're not lossy.

Revamps are more than simple recolors, so you should label these as "recolors" instead.

If you're aiming for D/P sprites, you have to resize the sprites to 80x80 pixels and adjust for anatomical correctness. For example, the fourth generation Articuno has a grey beak and all of its counterparts in earlier generations have bluish-grey. Also, look at the difference in body between the first and fourth generation Venusaur:

This is my first sprite criticism, so here goes nothing.

This one could use more layers of shading. Also, judging from the levels of shading that you use, the light comes from the bottom. The sprite would look better if the light source was from the top or front.

This is actually your best one. Again, the shading looks awkward. You should also use a lighter pink on the body.

Honestly, this is an eyesore. You tried to contrast with solid red and green, which is a huge mistake. If you do color complements, you have to make the colors more diluted. For example, use light red-orange and washed out green. Look at this D/P sprite.

You're using ugly shades of green and the colors are too dull. This is one of the few situations where I would recommend using several shades of lime green. If you're trying to make this D/P-ish, it looks like it follows the overworld Sinnoh tileset color scheme. The sprites themselves don't look anywhere near as dull.

Shading again. Also, this sprite is not anatomically correct so it shouldn't be used at all. No matter how well you revamp it, it'll still be like the Green version of Venusaur.

This one actually isn't that bad. It needs lighter colors and a little bit of gloss to its exoskeleton.

This one's too cartoonic. Shading and using more blended colors would solve this.

Overall, these sprites are terrible. You shouldn't do requests for anybody until you get better at doing this. Or at least know what's the difference between a revamp and a simple recolor.

It would also help to do constant side-by-side comparisons between the sprite you're trying to revamp and the D/P (or whatever style) sprite you're trying to imitate.

Again, this is my first time doing a detailed criticism so don't take all the things I say seriously.

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    The outlining on the deoxys arms is very inconsistant. It goes from thin, to very clumpy, and then back to thin again. The outlining needs to be more consistant. the shading is also off, it is all light on the bottom right, when in reality, it should be lit up on the top left of the sprite. this may be a result of flipping the sprite. The other main concearn i have with this sprite is the awkward positioning of the body. From the torso down, the sprite is facing the left, but chest up, the body is pointed to the right, a weird result of copy/pasting. The chest needs to be repostioned, even if you have to scratch it, and the shading needs work. The top of the metang arm needs outlining. I give this sprite one star for originality, one star for coloration, one star for difficulty, and one star for effort! That's four out of ten!

This one is much better. Again, you have the same issues with shading, although this is a bit better shaded. My main concearn on this sprite is the "bar" that runs across the back. In honesty, it just looks misplaced and ruins the sprite. There seems to be some strange diviting going on there as well. This sprite is really good, much better than the first. I give it the same four stars as last time, as well as another two for pose, and improved shading; A grand result of six stars out of ten!
    oh my! this is a really strange pose. the wings are uneven, and very misplaced. the one to (our) left looks like it's coming out of the butt. The srpite seemed to have lost one of it's arms and it just awkward to look at. The shading is better than the first one, but is still off. The outlining looks very tacky though. You don't want to go over one wide or you get clumpy's. I give this one star for difficulty, one for shading, one for editing, and one for effort, a total of four stars out of ten. This one needs more work.
    Ah, very basic, very good. Basic is sometimes better. The arms look pretty good, except for the inconsistant shading on metang's. The outlining is again a problem, as well as the errors in shading from the fliping. erase the double outlining and fix the shading and this could end up being a good eight or nine star sprite, but for now i'll give six: coloration, editing, pose, and the same as the original.

Don't get discouraged and keep spriting!

Last edited:

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Heracross is better than Ho-Oh by a long shot. No idea what ur talking abut...

Ultra Ball X

Certified Ultra Ball
    Years
    Requests are against the rules. You should stop before you get an infraction.

You're saving the sprites as JPEG, which is very bad because JPEG is inherently lossy. Lossy formats are never good for pixel art. From now on, save as GIF or PNG instead because they're not lossy.

Revamps are more than simple recolors, so you should label these as "recolors" instead.

If you're aiming for D/P sprites, you have to resize the sprites to 80x80 pixels and adjust for anatomical correctness. For example, the fourth generation Articuno has a grey beak and all of its counterparts in earlier generations have bluish-grey. Also, look at the difference in body between the first and fourth generation Venusaur:

This is my first sprite criticism, so here goes nothing.

This one could use more layers of shading. Also, judging from the levels of shading that you use, the light comes from the bottom. The sprite would look better if the light source was from the top or front.

This is actually your best one. Again, the shading looks awkward. You should also use a lighter pink on the body.

Honestly, this is an eyesore. You tried to contrast with solid red and green, which is a huge mistake. If you do color complements, you have to make the colors more diluted. For example, use light red-orange and washed out green. Look at this D/P sprite.

You're using ugly shades of green and the colors are too dull. This is one of the few situations where I would recommend using several shades of lime green. If you're trying to make this D/P-ish, it looks like it follows the overworld Sinnoh tileset color scheme. The sprites themselves don't look anywhere near as dull.

Shading again. Also, this sprite is not anatomically correct so it shouldn't be used at all. No matter how well you revamp it, it'll still be like the Green version of Venusaur.

This one actually isn't that bad. It needs lighter colors and a little bit of gloss to its exoskeleton.

This one's too cartoonic. Shading and using more blended colors would solve this.

Overall, these sprites are terrible. You shouldn't do requests for anybody until you get better at doing this. Or at least know what's the difference between a revamp and a simple recolor.

It would also help to do constant side-by-side comparisons between the sprite you're trying to revamp and the D/P (or whatever style) sprite you're trying to imitate.

Again, this is my first time doing a detailed criticism so don't take all the things I say seriously.

Very sorry it said at the bottom of his post that requests are accepted he might've ment asking for use of his sprites.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back