• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Pokemon G/S/C

m

Pokemon Rule. Simply Put.
    Years
    Lol, well I'm glad to see people are enjoyed it as much as I did. And still do actually. Best games ever created in my opinion. And RBY of course lol.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2008
    so less= special? i c by how its classic but i just like looking at how it advanced and i h8 my blue cuz the bat keeps dying lulz

Johnnyboi

Street Pokéster
    Years
    I LOVED my Gold/Crystal versions, best Pokémon games ever! Back then there actually was events in Sweden, and you only needed 2 Pokémon from events, Mew & Celebi, I got both those and completed the Pokédex on Pokémon Crystal! It was an amazing feeling, I havn't completed a Pokédex since. The internal batteries have died on both cartridges, I sold my GBA/games and got myself a DS with Pokémon Pearl. I think they have lost the feel, neither D/P nor R/S have caught the true Pokémon feeling/vibe/spirit that the first 2 had IMO. The IMMENSE feeling as you climbed the Tin Tower in search for Ho-Oh, the music, I got goosebumps from it, but good ones.
    My love for G/S/C is undescribable in words, and I would kill for a remake, my favourite Pokémon games of all time with loads of online features? I'd never stop playing it.

milovan93

xxMVPxx
    Years
    Dear God

U put it so well. I know exactly what u mean. I too am just getting into pokemon again. Im liek 14 almost 15 now and havent played with the cards or nothing for like 6 years but i cant let go. The new games are too modern and the old ones are timless classics. Its like comparign the old episodes of [pokemon ( with ash misty and brock) and the new one ( where i dont know hwtas gooing on). I know exactly what u men and cant relatee real well.

Erbe

Misses the good old days :(
    Years
    I wish Crystal would have ended the Pokemon games.
    All the advanced ones aren't that good.
    Nothing basic about the tiles, no really good Pokemon.
    All the new rivals are very wimpy.
    What happened to the kick butt ones?

so true.. pearl and diamond and fire red leaf green etc.. never liked them a bit. ruby and sapphire were ok, g/s/c were definately my favorites! r/b/y started it all so who cant enjoy those ?!

シルバー

Γ Чεr ςcreαm is βut a drəαм х
    Years
    so true.. pearl and diamond and fire red leaf green etc.. never liked them a bit. ruby and sapphire were ok, g/s/c were definately my favorites! r/b/y started it all so who cant enjoy those ?!

Same here, except for Ruby and Sapphire. -I hate all advanced games :/ -
    Silver and Green will always be the best rivals.
    G/R/B/Y and G/S/C will always be the best games.
    Forget all the rest.
    All should go back to the basics, when the days were fun.
    The days of Pikablu, ????, and the starting of the Bad egg.
    When glitches were considered gods.
    Those were the days.

m

Years
    Awesome! I was gone for a few days or so and I can't believe that people really do feel the same way I do about this. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one lol. Pokemon should have ended then, I agree but still keeps making advances as far as Emulation goes. If there are remakes like someone said, they wouldn't feel the same still, and the more games Nintendo puts out the more they ruin the games original feel. Thanks everyone, and keep posting!

Erbe

Misses the good old days :(
    Years
    Same here, except for Ruby and Sapphire. -I hate all advanced games :/ -
    Silver and Green will always be the best rivals.
    G/R/B/Y and G/S/C will always be the best games.
    Forget all the rest.
    All should go back to the basics, when the days were fun.
    The days of Pikablu, ????, and the starting of the Bad egg.
    When glitches were considered gods.
    Those were the days.

that almost exact same philosophy is what brought me to this forum in the first place. I missed the old days when i was the only one in my elementary school who knew how the missingno. glitch and how to get the infinate rare candies and master balls :) and pikablu.. haha.. so foolish to believe in that :) the rumor in my school was that if you beat the elite 4 1000 times it would appear in the safari zone :P

m

Years
    that almost exact same philosophy is what brought me to this forum in the first place. I missed the old days when i was the only one in my elementary school who knew how the missingno. glitch and how to get the infinate rare candies and master balls :) and pikablu.. haha.. so foolish to believe in that :) the rumor in my school was that if you beat the elite 4 1000 times it would appear in the safari zone :P

Ahh, the good old days of talking to Professor Oak 100 times for him to give you a Mew =P

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
    Mmm, playing Second and First gen make me happy inside. It's great because I don't have to worry about accidentally saving over my amazing file. *glares at Tales of Symphonia*

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2008
    even though rby and gsc were basic they are far superior to the rest of the games
    just about everything about rby and gsc are prefect, and the small imperfections arent that major that they dont ruin the game
    the biggest thing about those games is that they were fun, the other games werent just as fun

evilmewtwo

Mew Clone
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    i like the mention of the wimpy rivals. Silver from G/S/C was the best, Evil and awesome. Green/Blue was good but not like silver. May and Wally were both crap, and Pearl,well...he's useless.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2010
    I stopped playing after gsc, I tried to play emerald, so boring I had to cheat my way out of it. Gsc was esstinally perfect, it mades things complicated, but not too complicated. The most innovative of the series. Although I liked some pokemon from advance and dp, gsc had the highest % of pokemon that I liked. 11 of my favorite types are from gsc.

Fire:ho-oh
    Dark:umbreon, also my favorite in general
    water: quagsire
    Rock:tyranritar
    Psychic:espeon
    flying:lugia/ho-oh
    grass:celebi
    Normal:miltank
    Dragon:kingdra
    eletric:raikou

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
    Pokemon RSE were just average games, in my opinion. But the RBY/GSC games will always be the best, Gold being my favorite Pokemon game of all-time (because it was both my first Pokemon game and my first GBC game). FireRed and LeafGreen were great (for what they were - remakes). But Diamond and Pearl were definitely great improvements over RSE.

Last edited:

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Yes, it gives me the nostalgia, and simplicity i need to play it.
    i think d/p/p was great, and R/S/E was average, but nothing can top the metal series.

Years
    I still enjoy playing GSC. It's awesome. I can do new games all the time and not have to worry about getting rid of pokemon I got from other games. I love being able to go to two regions. There is so much to do. I love GSC. Gold was the first game I've ever played, and it's still awesome. The reason why I do want remakes of the games, though, is because it automatically does a new game if the cartridge hits something. The graphics aren't a problem. The storyline is the best out of all the games. Silver is my favorite rival. It seemed to me like he never came around when I didn't want him to. Gary came around when I didn't want him to in the remakes. I don't want to battle Gary and then go on Nugget bridge or battle him before talking to the captain of the SS Anne. Silver came at good times in the game. I love GSC. I don't even like most of the Hoenn Pokemon.

Back