• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pokemon game ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
  • If GF begin making games with all the regions it would for sure kill the franchise. They make multiple games for a reason, making money and getting people hyped up for the next ones.

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
  • If GF begin making games with all the regions it would for sure kill the franchise. They make multiple games for a reason, making money and getting people hyped up for the next ones.

Plus i don't think a single came card would be able to hold enough data for every region. And by the third region the pokemon would be all level 100, and you wouldn't be able to train any more...

I would like it if there was a game that autosaved after every battle, and/or let you save during a battle. also i don't like how in pokemon black/white you couldn't rebattle the gym leaders, they have to bring that back. I mean, why can you rebattle the elite 4 but not the gym leaders?

drgnkpx

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2011
    Wow, do you people (rocky505, doctorfred) actually read? I explained all of this already, get your facts straight before you comment.

644Klaww

LittleBigPlanet + Pokemon = <3
    Years
  • I've always thought that it would be cool if you were sent out to the Safari Zone to catch your starter. It obviously wouldn't work out well in an actual Pokemon game. A hack, maybe, but not an official game... Although, I guess it could work if Game Freak were to make a 'third' game this way, and you get all three of the region's starters from NPCs later on like in Pokemon Yellow.

Of course, it could just be a whittled-down version of the Safari Zone at first. Maybe only a small area fenced in by Cut-trees or strength boulders (Or water).

Kite_1471

Owner of an awesome pikachu :3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2012
    i think in emerald birch should of gave you a pokeball to go catch you first pokemon (well it would be like a masterball as it wont fail) and made a place next to littleroot where there are the pokemon starters and maybe some normal pokemon like poochyena

The whole point of having no wild starter pokemon is so it feels special to you (i think). If you can just go out and catch as many as you want, it wouldn't be the
    same...

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    My idea of a Pokemon game on Wii U.

- Have Eevee as a starter Pokemon. This won't mean the other starters become 'catchable' they will be given as gifts, as usual you only have 3 choices...

- Start out in Kanto, progress to Johto, then Sevii Islands. From here you would have to 'deposit' your Pokemon and travel to Hoenn, where you'll choose your next starter of the three (Mudkip. Torchic and Treecko) This happens throughout untill you finish Unova, where all PC networks are then joined together!

- Multiple rivals, all contests such as Pokeathlon and Bug catching, etc, are open.

- Different versions of this game will have to be made, for Black City/White forest and other areas and legendaries accessible.

Thats just my general idea.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2017
    The above idea will probably be the best thing that could happen to Nintendo. But really...think about how many income Nintendo would lose if they did this. Stuffing all the generations into one game. Then people wouldn't buy the separate games anymore (unless they priced it at a very high rate). Eevee? really? Your rival supposed to have an advantage in starter against you but with this you can make it any type. That would just take all the class out of it. Even though it's your idea, it's really cool.

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    The only game where you and your rival have no advantage over each other is in Pokemon Yellow, but in my idea, I included multiple rivals, so maybe you'll have easy ones and more difficult ones take Bianca and Cheren in B/W for example.
    Maybe they will make such a Pokemon game like this in the future, if their no longer planning to make anymore new Pokemon, just areas or such, then this would seem to be the best idea for a 'new' game.
    I wonder how many generations their going to come out with...

Years
  • With a sequel to Black and White out, I'd like to see the same idea applied to a different region. For example, we could have a game that takes place 15 years after the story line of the first gen games took place, and maybe have the ability to travel to Johto after you are finished your Kanto journey. It could be really interesting to see how much the regions have changed (new/redesigned cities), see the progression of some of the characters from the originals, and just how different it is in general while still feeling familiar.

I am also in the camp that would love to see a game with all of the regions in it or even a true Pokemon MMORPG, but I won't hold my breath waiting on one of those anytime soon.

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
    Years
  • They wont make a pokemon game with all the regions anytime soon due to the fact that they would lose money. Now dont get me wrong i didnt say it was impossible because in the future when they have completely ran out of ideas they probably would implement the idea of all regions onto one cd desk playable via computor
    You probably would be forced to start with a new team each region to make it work but it is possible and it most likely will happen (in the far future)

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • I mentioned this a while back, but I think it's about time they made the storyline slightly more interesting than: Train Pokemon, earn badges, beat up evil team along the way, catch relevant legendary, beat Elite Four and Champion.

A plot twist should be introduced in which the protagonist is manipulated and convinced join forces with the evil team (the evil team's actual plans are unbeknown to the protagonist in order to maintain the protag as a hero). The protagonist still continues to earn gym badges and eventually climbs the ranks of the evil team, being promoted to executive. Around the time the player earns his/her 8th badge and is ready to deal with the legendary, he/she comes into conflict with the evil team's leader after discovering their primary goals. The player battles the evil team leader/sets right everything they may have done wrong.

I'm fairly certain this will never, ever happen. But it'd be a nice change to the cliche'd routine we're already familiar with.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2017
    That's really cool Kanto_Johto. It would be nice if we could play as the evil organization for once. But then...what if the hero's story is cool too? I think it would be great if Nintendo introduced branched stories in their games so to keep it less boring from the classic:

1) Train pokemon

2) Collect gym badges

3) Beat evil organization along the way

4) Become champion ( while the original champion still gets to take your place after you defeat him/her )

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
    Years
  • ohh man where to start. i would like to see a pokemon game that has like real life locations it dosent have to be exact . gamefreak should make a pokemon series based on major countries or continents. for eg POKEMON WORLD AUSTRALIA VERSION : with the cities like Sydney Brisbane Canberra etc the terrain could be mostly desert or arid or mix it up .you feel me PC

OHHH I GOT THE MOST EPIC IDEA POKEMON BUT GRAND THEFT AUTO STYLE. GRAND THEFT POKEMON HAHAHAHAHAH cmon pc imagine a gange based pokemon game. how cute would the cute pokemon look in a gang

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm happy this started more discussion, but this was revived, and I've got to lock it. But someone can start another thread for this if they'd like!

Locked.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm happy this started more discussion, but this was revived, and I've got to lock it. But someone can start another thread for this if they'd like!

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back