• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON GAMES TO EASY

Anuhrima

Darkness and Rebirth
Years
  • Well i for one think that. It is just a simple game you can beat in a day, This might show uo in fan games.

We all want something hard and complicated. without that then we lose interest.

AND after a while we might lose interest in the fan games,no matter how flashy.
    If that happens what will become of this forum part.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    There are a lot of things you can do to make it harder. You could try restricting yourself like:
    -Only use one pokemon to finish the game
    -Only use UU pokemon
    And many more. And I don't really think you posted this in the right section.

shinylugia249

I'm back
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    He did post in the right section. He doesn't pokemon games he means pokemon fan games. I also think many people should put difficulty into consideration. Many things that i've done to make my game harder was give the enemy more potions, i've also had the player go back to a previous town which is time-comsumming. There are many things one could do to make their game difficult but just don't go crazy with the levels. You also need to have steady rate in the elevation of levels like in real Pokemon games.

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    Then play competitively. The quests in Pokemon are for pure enjoyment of storyline.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    I am making my game easy to beat (beat elite four) but very, very hard to complete (get everything.)

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Why are you making the E4 easy? The only reason the E4 and Gym Leaders are easy in the official games is so that 7 year olds can beat them. Make your games challenging for once; I hate being able to breeze through the Gyms/E4 on my first try. They should be strong enough to beat you a few times before you can win...
    I'm making my game difficult for every play style; there's no point just making the Pokémon very high-leveled, as that will discourage people who play the game for the story and not for battling. Likewise, don't make them too weak, as you'll make it far too easy for people who like to train their Pokémon a lot. You need to get some kind of balance, or create a system which solves these problems (hint hint).

Theik

Fancy Cape Knight
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2014
    The Pokémon games are easy because they cater to the masses. And most of those masses are little children.

Take Mario, Mario was widely popular? Why? Well, my mother can barely hold a controller and she can still finish it. It is very easy to get into for anybody with at least four fingers. Likewise, they can't make Pokémon too challenging or they'd lose their big customer base.

That said, a fangame doesn't have to follow that rule. You're not going to be trying to cater for braindead folks with missing fingers, so you can easily make things more challenging. Just remember to stay away from making things challenging the "Final Fantasy way". Don't just throw in ridiculously high level Pokémon so people have to grind until their eyes fall shut.

A nice start would be to give your elite four less-than-obvious weaknesses. Most of the time you only need one Pokémon per gym with a type advantage and you oneshot everything.

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
  • Nah, all of these problems can be dealt with. I agree that just following the usual Pokemon format makes for a rather boring game. The heart of Pokemon is leveling up Pokemon and battling. Just about everything else can be revised. For instance, Pokemon Gyms traditionally focus on one Pokemon type. In the long run, it forces the player to level up different kinds of Pokemon, but it makes the Gym itself easy to beat with just one Pokemon. There's no rule that you have to make single-type Gyms. Maybe you want to lock the Gym doors so the player can't run out to heal after beating the Gym trainers. (*nudge nudge*) Maybe you don't want to have Gyms at all. There are so many things you could do with gameplay. Ninetendo wants to stick to the traditional format to keep their fanbase, but fan games can be more flexible.

damian_carshe

medeokre trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2009
    i actually had the same idea about locking the gyms from the inside. on the game im making you start out in a new region and work your way to surf to surf to the last gym which is locked at the bottom part of the first city but after you beat the other gyms you can get to the last one then you have to travel from region to region to go and stop a new organization and become the pokemon master but it makes you give all pokemon below lvl 5 put back in the pc and cannot be used in the new region til you beat the elite four so every region you start fresh

Back