• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Garnet

Allow Silver to Chose between the Starter he steals, or just Totodile?

• Just Totodile.

Votes: 249 29.3%
  • Allow him to chose.

Votes: 602 70.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

flickso

The china men are after us
Years
    • Seen May 22, 2011
    Brilliant love the idea cant wait to play it

Years
  • This is looking brilliant!
    i love seeing all the different rom hacks people come up with, especially when its not just :"ash, go get a starter pokemon from the professor, and beat the elite four and gym leaders". A very interesting plot. in the ice cave i think you could use a little more variation in the way of colour palette and scenery,but its up to you.
    Anyways good luck.

Shaymew

likes when Dunsparce Glares
    Years
  • if that's the masked mans hideout i think it looks good. (design anyway i'm no good at technical stuff)

:O OMG THE MASKED MAN IS GOING TO BE IN THIS GAME?!?!
    Spoiler:

YAY FOR MOTHER 3 REFERENCES WHERE THEY DONT BELONG ^.^

Anyway this hack looks awesome!!!
    Nice screen shots and story, and of course I like how you are doing manga references.
    The only problem I have found with it so far is that in one screen shot it has Karen and will, but Karen was spelled with two R's

I am looking forward to this hack, and cannot wait till the first beta is released...

Xatoku

Game Developer
    Years
  • Hey thank you everyone for all of your support but I wanted to point out that the pictures will represent what's expected to be in the hack, but do not resemble the hack itself. Basically, I'm just too lazy to update the pictures, if you go back a few pages though, you'll see the new Mask of Ice HQ, which in my opinion looks a lot better, has been posted.

I wanted to note something about the tent system. The player will sadly not be able to place his/her own tent down in given areas, but instead you may see people camping out whether in a tent, around a fire, or just hitch hiking with a sleeping bag, that will invite you to have a rest and access their laptop giving you access to the PC. I thought this would be better and most of all, more realistic. Tell me what you think :D.

Another update, the Rival in the game will be Gold, obviously, but now he will be the person you name at the beginning of the game. I noted this just to avoid some confusion.

Another small detail is that the intro WILL be Professor Oak speaking, I'll have him say some stuff about how Red's the Battler,Gold's the Breeder, etc.

Let's see what else...oh yeah, after Garnet has been finished, (don't assume I'm anywhere even remotely close to it being finished) I will be making a similiar hack revolving around Green's story (Green's the guy who looks like Gary) taking place in Kanto and Johto. That hack won't be worried about until Garnet's completion, but I can tell you the name will be Pokemon: Covellite, consider it Garnet's sequel.

Now I'll answer a few questions...

Yes, the option to have your own trainer put into the game is now forbidden, so stop asking XD.

Yes, Blue will tell you that you left Sneasel and Horsea in the Training Wing of the Mask of Ice HQ and will give you them at the beginning of the game.

Sorry about the spelling errors on Karen*'s name, it will be corrected.

As I said before, the HQ has changed so don't worry about the Ice looking weird, because now it is non-existent.

Spoiler:

I hope I've resolved most, if not all, of the confusion regarding this hack, but if there's anymore questions about it feel free to ask.

BUT because I just KNOW somebody's going to ask this, the first Alpha will go up to Violet City,as for it's release date, nobody can predict the future, so I'm not making any promises, but assume around the end of August.

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2013
    yes charmander is my favorite starter. Awsome to hear that you've made some serrious proggress and can't wait for the sequel.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • Xatoku, I just thought about something. For Blue's overworld, why don't you use the heroine of Pokemon Leaf Grean and Fire Red? Considering her overworld and what not seems awfully like her. It is just a small suggestion considering we can't choose to be female.

Xatoku

Game Developer
    Years
  • Xatoku, I just thought about something. For Blue's overworld, why don't you use the heroine of Pokemon Leaf Grean and Fire Red? Considering her overworld and what not seems awfully like her. It is just a small suggestion considering we can't choose to be female.

Very good suggestion, the problem is that Blue wears a completely different outfit in the Manga, so it wouldn't be correct. But I've said this already, Blue's OW is already made, but I haven't updated the pictures.

PhoenixMan

We are Panda Marines!!!
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2014
    So are you accepting anymore trainers?
    i have a pretty good one

And i really love what your doing.
    ive always wanted to play a game like this.

Last edited by a moderator:

PhoenixMan

We are Panda Marines!!!
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2014
    that sux, but its all good. =)
    i figured i was a little late, lol

so does the game
    follow the complete manga?

Xatoku

Game Developer
    Years
  • Alright this is getting annoying now, so anybody who posts or sends me a message asking to have their trainer put into the game will be ignored.

Napalm

Careful! That Stuff Burns!
    Years
  • Very interesting creation here... Looking forward to future updates. I think Totodile should the generic starter, but then again, not much choice there. Just do what you feel is good!

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • Very good suggestion, the problem is that Blue wears a completely different outfit in the Manga, so it wouldn't be correct. But I've said this already, Blue's OW is already made, but I haven't updated the pictures.

Ah I see. I haven't seen a post like that from you but either way, you do make a valued point that the overworld is totally different then the PokeSpe Blue.

PhoenixMan

We are Panda Marines!!!
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2014
    Im looking forward to this game.
    sounds very interesting.
    and i agree that tododile should be the starter.
    but maybe like yellow there should be a way to get others.

PhoenixMan

We are Panda Marines!!!
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2014
    and i was wondering if you still needed
    a map for Goldenrod City. because ive been
    working on one that you could use.
    It may need a few tweaks to it still
    but its mostly finished.

There is my Goldenrod City map.
    and im also pretty good at spriting.
    theres a tiny preview of some of my sprites.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back