• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon General # 8 - Reuniclus vs. Gothitelle [jelly and a astral body thing.]

Reuniclus or Gothitelle?

• Reuniclus

Votes: 18 66.7%
  • Gothitelle

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
  • Well, back to the pokemon vs. pokemon business, its been suggested that now we focus on two psychic pokemon:

579.png
    vs.
    576.png

Similarities:

~ Both are pure psychic pokemon
    ~ Both are third evolution stages
    ~ Both evolve from their pre-evo at level 41.
    ~ Both Base stats total 490

Differences:
    ~ Reuniclus has a more HP, Attack, and Special attack stat
    ~ Gothitelle has more Defense, Special Defense, and is much more faster
    ~ Reuniclus can have a 50/50 chance on becoming a male or female
    ~ Gothitelle has a 25% chance on being male and a 75% chance on becoming female

So, who do you prefer and why?

[got a idea for a pokemon vs. pokemon weekly poll? Contact me, Miss Doronjo via PMs! The ideas will be randomly taken though. ]

Last edited:
    Years
  • Okay they both have stats totaling to 490. So I was wrong about Renuclus being an uber perfectionist. I always thought it's stats equaled to 500+ because everyone keeps telling me that it's god.

Now that I look at your list, I hope I'm allowed to say that I like Gothitelle better. Sure I dont have a 500+ Sp Attk like Renuclus and it can get away with anything but I like that I'm faster and I have better defenses.

All that's left to do is make her half fighting and give her more moves and she wouldt be hated this much. :[

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
  • I am not big on stats. I just like Gothitelle's design alot!

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I like Reuniclus design more then Gothitelle. Yes Reuniclus design as a blob is simple in nature but so were most of the first generation pokemon that were so loved. Gothitelle just seems tacky to me, probably due to the fact that I am not to high on the whole goth style.

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2011
    I voted Reuniclus because I'm a fan of Pokemon with big HP. And basically any Pokemon with the combo of High hp/Att/Sp.att.

Years
  • Even though I'm getting Black, I prefer Reuniclus cos Solosis is cute and well, stats are just fantastic, no? Gothitelle only downs by a notch, so no hate on this Lolita gal. :3

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    Reuniclus

Reuniclus looks amazing! Reuniclus has the best idea of a Pokémon evar! Reuniclus is a gelatinous blob of doom and it's the perfect Science project!

Blob thing > Goth of pure awesomeness
    [yes, I still like Gothitelle]

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Even though I have Black, I like Reuniclus better than Gothitelle because Reuniclus reminds me of a gummy bear. It also packs a punch with Life Orb, even though it's slow.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Renuiclus has a more pokemon-like design of the two, and has a insane Special Attack stat. I think he clearly wins here.

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
    Years
  • My favorite of the two is Reuniclus. Three reasons:

1.) Reuniclus is a freakin' adorable gummy bear-cell thing, while Gothitelle is a strange goth creature.

2.) Reuniclus has a really good 125 Special Attack stat, a really good 110 Hp stat, and a decent 75 and 85 in Defense and Special Defense respectively. What does Gothitelle have? A better Defense, a better Special Defense, and more Speed. Since I'm more into hitting hard than withstanding attacks, the one with the better Special Attack will always win in my book.

3.) In metagaming, Reuniclus becomes an absolute monster with Trick Room in action.
    Gothitelle (because it's faster) isn't as good with Trick Room.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Reuniclus. Overall, I like the design better, and the stat combinations. Too bad I like Reshiram so much and got Black.

Years
  • I voted gothitelle. I love how it doesn't look like the average psychic type and looks really mysterious, like an improved version of gardevoir. gothita is also wicked cute. <3
    reuniclus is alright, and also looks quite different, but it's overrated. alakazam can do exactly what it does but better, with higher speed.

Years
  • Gothitelle. I fell in love with it's design when it was first revealed. And even though I still haven't played B/W yet, I know I'd enjoy using Gothitelle more than Reuniclus because of its defensive stats. I like being able to take lots of hits. Also, Gothitelle is like a better Gardevoir (design-wise, obviously), so that's what I'm going with. ;>

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    I chose Rankurusu because in the beginning of the B/W era, I had so much fun using it as a Dual Screen, since now it's to much of a gimic. I might start using it again just for laughs, but Duosion does a much better job.

Though, Gochiruzeru has her props to being an awesome Shadow Tag mon, and is pretty cool pared up with Traunt + Befriend Aainto.

Though in the end, I voted for Rankurusu.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I thought I'd like the Gothitelle line a lot since I wasn't really a fan of Reuniclus when it was introduced, but I ended up liking the latter more. The former confused me so bad when I played Black since I always thought it was a dark type, so that's probably why I ended up disliking it--'cause I'd always send out disadvantageous Pokémon, haha. D:

Musashi

Nope, that's not me
    Years
  • Personally, I like Gothitelle's design better than Reuniclus since she looks like she's wearing a gothic lolita dress. But... I voted Reuniclus since it has a high Sp. Atk. stats and is more useful to me in competitive play.

Back