• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon General Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duskwire

Battling since 1993~
Years
  • Serebii is really helpful too(: I've spent all day wondering why fire Pokemon can go swimming and drink water and not get hurt, but get attacked with a water type attack, and eat dirt? Any theories?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Well, you're mixing the anime and the games in that imo. In the games, Pokemon don't go swimming or bathe. In the anime, type disadvantages don't mean much to be liberal. So a water move may hit a Fire Pokemon hard, but wouldn't immediately knock them out.

There's also the matter that a lot of Fire Pokemon don't have actual fire on their bodies, think like Vulpix. They're warm and can probably be as hot as fire if they wished, but they don't necessarily HAVE to be. I can imagine a Vulpix turning down its heat when it's not fighting, and turning it up when it is. That would make sense as to why water moves make it "unable to battle", not knocked out. That's the phrase they use in the anime...whether it means the Pokemon isn't knocked out but can no longer use moves or not. xD

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Hahahaha, that's great. What a great glitch.

Moltres Rider

Banned
    Years
  • I just made some changes to the Reshiram windows 7 theme...

this has more than 5X the Reshiram pictures than my last Reshiram theme I posted, and this has a White interface (because Reshiram is Vast White) and yes, it still has Reshiram's cry for error messages... I named this theme Reshiram 2.5.1... I never released 2.0 to the public but that was the major change, the 5 was the white interface and the 1 is more pictures than 2.0

https://www.mediafire.com/?xpv99xbsw6jxd45

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2011
    mistys bf confusion

so one thing has been on my mind all day in the anime misty and ash fall for each other but thier sooo many signs and then in the gold silver and crystal version misty is on a date with bill why would misty not be dating red/ash and go on a date with the kid who got stuck in a kubuto costume to find what it felt like to be a crustation lol seriously though who do you think would make a better match for her ash or bill

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    so one thing has been on my mind all day in the anime misty and ash fall for each other but thier sooo many signs and then in the gold silver and crystal version misty is on a date with bill why would misty not be dating red/ash and go on a date with the kid who got stuck in a kubuto costume to find what it felt like to be a crustation lol seriously though who do you think would make a better match for her ash or bill

Well, Red in the game isn't the same as Ash in the anime. :P Ash is based off of Red but they're not identical, otherwise Misty would travel with Red and if he only saw her that one time to battle, how could she have a crush on him? xD

Honestly I see Misty as a free soul anyway. She seems like the type, both in the anime and the game, to date different guys at once, play the field if you will.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    GUYS! We have been neglecting this thread. ):

AND DID YOU KNOW THAT THE POKEMON FRANCHISE HAS BEEN ONGOING FOR FIFTEEN YEARS?! I guess other games surpass that, but WE ARE POKEMON FANS! xD

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Fifteen and a half years ;) Has anyone been around since Red/Green? I know I had the English versions of them but those didn't come out until 2 years later...has anyone been around since the '96 Japanese versions?

Years
  • Well, I had Blue when they games first came out (or maybe very soon after). Obviously I didn't know anything about Japanese versions or where the games came from or anything like that. But I've been around since the English speaking games, too.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Well I've been a true Pokémon fan ever since I got Pokémon Blue back in 1998 so that's 13 years now and I don't plan on stopping, I don't really think theres an age limit to Pokémon!

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Misty never went on a date with Bill. It never said who she was on a date with, but it wasn't Bill, since he was visiting his family in Johto.

To answer your question, though, I'm going to say that Ash and Misty go along better. But I'll admit that I'm biased towards another Bill ship.

For the current topic, I've been a fan of Pokemon since its introduction to the United States way back when. The only (legit) Japanese version I have is Yellow, but I got that after I got Blue.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back