• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Generations

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2012
    I have had an idea for quite some time about a game called pokemon generations. When you start out you get to choose what region to start in and eventually make your way through all regions. It would be a similar concept to Heartgold and Soulsilver but with all regions and a choice. Does anybody else think this is a good idea?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    People come up with this all the time, honestly. Or at least a similar concept. I've seen so many "all regions in one game" topics that they all run together for me. I guess it would be nice, but I don't see it happening.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
    Yeah.

It wouldn't even be that great if you think about it.

And the plots would have to be either copy paste of each original game or nonexistant, not to mention the quality would go down the toilet if they tried to spice it up instead of just being all games remade and glued together.

Im sure even the most passionate main pkmn games fan would get so bored by the time they reach Sinnoh that they would rather go play the games in their proper state...

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    As per usual it seems unrealistic at this point. I would love for there to be a combined game, but it seems like an uninspired idea too just lump every region together, like MiTjA said would they just copy paste what they already did. Or would they have a shell of a region like when you went to Kanto after you completed Johto.

Now with works such as such as BW2 I don't feel they would do something like that as they seem to want to add freshness to their franchise. But I just don't see them having the time to embark on this and make other main series games since this seems like a huge daunting task to understand if they are going to make it original.

At this point all we got is two regions together in gen 2 and have had a double region since. So I'd rather see them implement that again before they even considered something as big of an undertaking such as this.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
    Years
    I think they already did the closest thing they'll do for us: Putting every Gym Leader / Champion / Maybe even E4 members in one whole tournament for us to fight them in.

Let's be real, that's the only reason we want to go to every region.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
    Unless there is like several "modes" for that tournament though, it could still be much better...

What I mean is, from screenshots it seems they will only have 3 pokemon each.
    While for many gym leaders this is enough to give them their signature/gimmick pokemon, the tougher ones will feel improper. At least to me.
    And they might mess up even the 3 they get, by giving them stuff unrelated to their region etc.

I was kind off unsatisfied by the battleground in HGSS and Pt, because some of the choices felt rushed. Gym Leaders/E4 of the same type from HGSS and Pt rematches all have half of their roster the same.
    Sure there isn't an enormous abundance of each type to choose from but they could have thought it through better than they did.

Pryce and Candice for example:
    Abomasnow/Froslass/Mamoswine/Dewgong/Walrein/Glalie
    Abomasnow/Froslass/Mamoswine/Weavile/Glaceon
    Ice is probably the most lacking example, but still, instead of putting Glalie AND Froslass on there, instead of the latter, Cloyster would have fit way better (several trainers in his gym use those). And what about Lapras?
    Dewgong/Glalie/Lapras/Cloyster/Walrein/Mamoswine
    Now the only one they share is Mamoswine which has to stay as it was Pryce' main pokemon in his gym.

Or the Fighting ones for example.
    Why does Maylene have a Machamp when Toxicroak is not even in her team?
    Why does Chuck have Medicham and Breloom, both the same extras as Maylene, but no Hariyama. And he could have used Heracross too. Which brings me to Bugsy, because he already has a Heracross, but he has plenty of stuff to choose from. Of all the options, Vespiquen.. why not a Shuckle? Its totally Johto, no one uses it, and it's as tough as it gets.

And so on..

Then again, that might be the reason why they will only use 3 each. Since of some types there is as many as 4 gym leaders. Or a really limited group of pokemon to choose from (which is why Morty and Fantina have identical teams bar one pokemon (although they could have still put a Rotom or Spiritomb on Fantinas team, instead of Banette))
    At least 4 would have been perfectly doable however.

Yes I know I wrote a random mess of text.

Back