• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Giratina's Legend | 07-01-24

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Good morning everyone and welcome to a new update!
It has been a few months since I posted here on the forum.
During this long period I have been swamped with university commitments, but despite this I managed to dedicate some of my free time to the project.
In particular, I have started working on the main story scripts, starting with the ending (already fully scripted) and going backwards.

1. Some screens
The first thing I would like to show you today are a bunch of screens taken from some of the events inherent to GL's main storyline:
KhJzYn1.gif
lTvQo0d.gif
loQQj25.png

Starting from the left, in the first screen you can see one of the last events I made.
Due to some problems, Neomoor City has been left without electricity.
With the help of a lever, the player will have to restore the power generator and bring light back to the city!
Turning to the second screen, you can see one of the first events you will play in the upcoming beta.
As you can easily guess, the northern part of Ethereal City is under attack by rampaging Gyarados.
It will be our job to limit the damage and attempt to quell this pokémon.
Finally, the last screen features the final battle against Giratina and which will take place in the distorted world.
To emphasize the use of the gray sphere by the hooded man, i made the small pixel art visible in the screen!

2. Animated Ending
As I had mentioned in some past updates, important events related to the main storyline will be accompanied by some pixel art.
Today I would like to show you the sequence that will be loaded during the last dialogue of the game:

3. The project is on hiatus
I would not have wanted to give you this news, but unfortunately the project enters a hiatus for a few months.
In fact, due to a six-month internship abroad, I will not be able to work on the project until April 2023.
However, I hope that what I have shown you today will still be able to make up for this small interruption.
That said, see you in May 2023 with the next update!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Hi, can someone provide me with a Discord Link for this game? The one here doesn't work and i'd like to follow this project closely.

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
After a long break due to an aborad intership that i mentioned in the last update, i'm back with a little update regarding the project:
WwRlT4P.png

Below, there are the other two temples, both of them shown in some past updates:
Spoiler:

In the screen there's a temple in which you will be able to capture registeel and which will be visitable in the post-game.
Unfortunately, i cannot guarantee regular updates as before the break, because of severals unversity commitments, but indicatively i'll try to update the topic every couple of months!
That said, see you in the next update!

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Random small update:
SZdXoDo.png

The screen was taken inside a temple in Ethereal City.
I also take this opportunity to point out that despite appearances to the contrary, the project is still in development.
Unfortunately, i'm having some personal problems that are slowing down the work on the hack.
Hoping not take as long as last time, see in in a future update.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Random small update:
SZdXoDo.png

The screen was taken inside a temple in Ethereal City.
I also take this opportunity to point out that despite appearances to the contrary, the project is still in development.
Unfortunately, i'm having some personal problems that are slowing down the work on the hack.
Hoping not take as long as last time, see in in a future update.
Looks pretty good

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Good evening everyone and welcome after almost three months to a new update.
Today i would like to show you some news related to the development of the project.

1. Maps
In this last few weeks i focused on the development of the latest maps of the game:
vBYyojY.png

Starting from the left, in the first screen you can see the roof of one of the buildings in Neomoor City, a city inspired by tokyo and characterized by numerous neon signs.
Within the second screen, you can see a small portion of the Icy Cave, a cave that connects Neomoor City to Snowveil City.
The last screen, on the other hand, features the last gym of the game and which will be located north of Ethereal City.
As can be guessed, the gym leader will use dragon-type pokémon.
Below, there's a brief gamplay of the gym:

2. Indoor Maps
In addition to the larger maps, some of the work has been devoted to creating internal maps of various cities:
iV9HAKI.png

In order, starting from the left, we have the interiors of Neomoor City, those of Snowveil City, and finally Drought Town, the desert city.

3. General info
Finally, i wanted to update you about the overall status of the project.
First of all, from a "map perspective" the game is almost complete. There are just a couple of maps missing, specifically the cave on the second screen and the indoor map of the third gym.
Having most of the maps ready, the development of the game scripts will proceed quite quickly.
In this regard, the related scripts of the main story have been included, so already now it's possible to play through to the end of the main story.
What remains to be done at the moment are the NPC/Trainers scripts of the main story and the (relatively short) post game, a couple of "graphical features," plus the two maps mentioned above.
That said, see you the next update!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Good evening everyone and welcome after almost three months to a new update.
Today i would like to show you some news related to the development of the project.

1. Maps
In this last few weeks i focused on the development of the latest maps of the game:
vBYyojY.png

Starting from the left, in the first screen you can see the roof of one of the buildings in Neomoor City, a city inspired by tokyo and characterized by numerous neon signs.
Within the second screen, you can see a small portion of the Icy Cave, a cave that connects Neomoor City to Snowveil City.
The last screen, on the other hand, features the last gym of the game and which will be located north of Ethereal City.
As can be guessed, the gym leader will use dragon-type pokémon.
Below, there's a brief gamplay of the gym:

2. Indoor Maps
In addition to the larger maps, some of the work has been devoted to creating internal maps of various cities:
iV9HAKI.png

In order, starting from the left, we have the interiors of Neomoor City, those of Snowveil City, and finally Drought Town, the desert city.

3. General info
Finally, i wanted to update you about the overall status of the project.
First of all, from a "map perspective" the game is almost complete. There are just a couple of maps missing, specifically the cave on the second screen and the indoor map of the third gym.
Having most of the maps ready, the development of the game scripts will proceed quite quickly.
In this regard, the related scripts of the main story have been included, so already now it's possible to play through to the end of the main story.
What remains to be done at the moment are the NPC/Trainers scripts of the main story and the (relatively short) post game, a couple of "graphical features," plus the two maps mentioned above.
That said, see you the next update!
Cool news and hope someday this in English. Stay healthy and stay safe

Back