• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon (Give me a name) version

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Ok i will start my own hack.
    I got 3 rom:
    Fire red
    Emerald
    Ruby

What should i start my hack?ruby?fire red?emerald?

What should the name is?

Gοяκнaвоii

I am MIRAJ =]
    Years
    Umm, basically, it depends on what its storyline is... and what the game is about. But you can still show some creativity and give it a crazy name =]

If you are a good hacker the only reason you will pick fire-red, is because of the VS Seeker, emerald, because of the improved Pokenav, and ruby because of its pokenav.

I'd suggest Emerald or Fire-Red, as sprites, and fonts arent that hard to change =]

PlatinumDawnFtw

Vocaloid fan~
    Years
    If your a beginner hacker, hack Ruby. It's stable and has the most support. Don't ever hack Emerald because it will crash if you don't back it up every 2 seconds.

If your not worried about that stuff and just want a good hack, hack Firered.

pokenar

Lunatic Red Eyes
    Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2022
    ya im defently a beginer aand fire red is the way to go i use it because of spirits and most legendairs have allread be programed into it

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I thought I gave you a GOOD reason to choose Firered. It's just as stable as Ruby and has a few more maps (and you can get rid of Sevii for more areas)

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
    It depends on taste, but i think fire red is better.
    You can also (hard to do, but...) make another region in fire red, over the sevii islands.
    There is no truck at the beginning (and no setting the clock)
    Stable
    Better graphics (if you care about that kind of stuff)
    VS. Seeker

LastHand

Rockets Revenge Fanclub Member
    Years
    Well, I sey tha you should use Fire Red. Ruby has the truck and Stuff. Most people Move over to fire Red atfer problems with ruby. RR had moved ove I cant think of any others off the top of my head but theres more.

sparcloud

My game: Pokemon L Version
    Years
    right now i am hacking ruby and im a beginning
    but something you could do
    with ruby you could turn the
    truck into your room and the exit could be
    like a portal or something you could be transported
    into another region were only you and one other person
    could know how and why your there
    (you can use this idea i'm not)

Years
    I say you should think about the name as you do everything else. that matches the plot, maybe name it after a "Legendary Pokemon" in the game(suggestion).

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2009
    ^I'm going to work into that :P
    Did you read my mind anway? lol

So lanjio123456789, did you see what version was more convenient into what you are planning for a hack?
    The most hackable roms are Fire Red and Ruby, it doesn't matter if your beginner or not, you should choose the version that is more convenient to you. Fire Red or Ruby the difficulty for hacking is mostly the same... plus, all hacking tools out there support FR and Ruby.

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
    Years
    ^I'm going to work into that :P
    Did you read my mind anway? lol

So lanjio123456789, did you see what version was more convenient into what you are planning for a hack?
    The most hackable roms are Fire Red and Ruby, it doesn't matter if your beginner or not, you should choose the version that is more convenient to you. Fire Red or Ruby the difficulty for hacking is mostly the same... plus, all hacking tools out there support FR and Ruby.

Glad you liked my idea. I agree, you should hack ruby or FR. I suggest Ruby because you can rearrange the maps in the game. The in game ones don't look that bad.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back