• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Go... I JUST HAD THE CRAZIEST THOUGHT...

emilie777

Her Persona
Years
  • What IF... Just WHAT IF...
    When Pokemon Go comes out... there are real life Pokemon Leagues and Gyms.. but the people who are in charge of those gyms/leagues are real life people who competed in the actual championships and Nintendo hired them to be gym leaders. {D:} {D:} {D:}

I hope this happens. I really needed to get that off my chest because I couldn't even handle the idea I got so excited. Whew.

Years
  • I mean, they might want to give a bit of a shout-out to fans, but as Pokémon Go is its own format, and this format doesn't seem to have that much to do with these people, and would presumably not be something Nintendo would officially want to put at the mercy of them, it seems unlikely. If they want their novel format to work out and be accepted first of all, they might wish to avoid tying this too closely to such people.

That said, as Pokémon Go is quite clearly a bit like a spin-off where the elements of main series games are thrown in in skeletal form alongside more simplified basic gameplay, it might also seem like more effort than would seem reasonable. As Pokémon is no longer as relevant as it used to be, such efforts to pretend otherwise, when otherwise drawing on a fairly 'ghettoized' fanbase, would generally not seem worth the effort unless purely nominal, and they rather might prefer to use it to draw people towards or keep them around their current main series games.

AlphaTangoFoxtrot

Johto-vah's Witness
    Years
  • What IF... Just WHAT IF...
    When Pokemon Go comes out... there are real life Pokemon Leagues and Gyms.. but the people who are in charge of those gyms/leagues are real life people who competed in the actual championships and Nintendo hired them to be gym leaders. {D:} {D:} {D:}

I hope this happens. I really needed to get that off my chest because I couldn't even handle the idea I got so excited. Whew.

While I know there's nothing official that's like sponsored by Pokemon or anything, I know there are people trying to set up like "regional" leagues of sorts with gym leaders and stuff. None of it's official, though.

emilie777

Her Persona
    Years
  • While I know there's nothing official that's like sponsored by Pokemon or anything, I know there are people trying to set up like "regional" leagues of sorts with gym leaders and stuff. None of it's official, though.

Oh man that would be so awesome! :'D
    That's pretty much the start towards Pokemon becoming virtual reality. I wonder how that would work badge wise though. I wonder if there are even going to be badges for something like this :s.

Back