• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Go Problems?

Years
  • Not sure the mod rules, but has anyone had any problems with the new app?
    Hopefully this thread could be a Q&A for everyone.

I'm using an Android Dragontouch 8' tablet. I have Google locations enabled and have my wi-fi turned on. For some reason, it tells me that it has "failed to detect my location". Does anyone have similar experiences/answers?

One of my friends suggested that I turn the GPS on. I looked, and that's not even an option.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Hey bud! I've experienced this problem on my Phone. Please try this thing.

Open Google Maps and keep it active in background. Now start Pokemon Go and your issue will be solved. It worked for me.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • Not sure the mod rules, but has anyone had any problems with the new app?
    Hopefully this thread could be a Q&A for everyone.

I'm using an Android Dragontouch 8' tablet. I have Google locations enabled and have my wi-fi turned on. For some reason, it tells me that it has "failed to detect my location". Does anyone have similar experiences/answers?

One of my friends suggested that I turn the GPS on. I looked, and that's not even an option.

Ir's not an option because your tablet does not have GPS capabilities which is required to play the game. Sorry, looks like you can't play on that.

Jiggling Jigglypuff

I'll Sing Ya To Sleep
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    In my home my GPS sucks but once I am outside it works a lot better. I get most of my Pokemon from exploring outside so I am fine with that. The purpose of the game is to get outside and look for them anyway.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • I've been dealing with problems trying to get on the game. Almost every time I've opened the app lately, it just sits on the loading screen with about 1/4th of the bar full, eventually giving me the "cannot find player info, Retry?" message. Anyone know what the issue is? I've been checking the server status so I know that thats no the problem

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I had a ton of problems when I first used it. It didn't work at all on my phone for the first few days I had it.

No Pokémon were appearing even with incense. I tried it on another phone and the camera function works on that phone but it's not my phone so it's useless. Finally it now works on my phone. The camera doesn't work so I can only see the Pokémon over the animated grassy field as opposed to the real ground. But to be honest I'm not a huge fan of the camera thing anyways.

My biggest problem right now is that every other Pokémon will freeze after I catch them.

Meaning 50% of the time I throw the pokeball the ball will shake and either the Pokémon will catch or break free and another 50% of the time the ball will stand still on the ground, the only way to get rid of this is to erase the cache and reload the game. Of course that means the Pokémon I caught or not caught is erased. Not too big of an issue unless it's a new Pokémon such as Goldeen and Zubat.... Luckily it didn't happen today when I found a Jigglypuff at 7/11.

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016
    I've been dealing with problems trying to get on the game. Almost every time I've opened the app lately, it just sits on the loading screen with about 1/4th of the bar full, eventually giving me the "cannot find player info, Retry?" message. Anyone know what the issue is? I've been checking the server status so I know that thats no the problem

If it sits there more than 10 seconds restart your app. It typically works. Also I'm not sure if this is true or not but I get the feeling it is more likely to fail if you're in a place it is hard to get your GPS location. (Inside or a fast moving vehicle)

I have a question about an issue I'm having. Several of my friends got on the game but I could not, it told me the servers were down despite seeing 2 people on the game who were with me. Anyone experience this?

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    I've been having a lot of trouble myself trying to get the app to work on cellular data. It works great over wifi, but if I can even get it to load on 3G, the game is horribly slow, even when my phone tells me I have plenty of bars. I've experienced the Pokeball-freezing problem after catching something, usually when I don't have a good wifi signal. If you're leaving your house, changing over from wifi to cell, I suggest turning off wifi and stopping the app, then starting it again. The app doesn't seem to handle handovers well at all.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • The app doesn't seem to handle handovers well at all.
    This pretty much answers the questions posed in this thread.

While the server status may technically say it's up, your specific access to it may be limited. When there are so many people around you trying to ping the same server, you're understandably going to have some issues. Thus, sometimes your friends get in and you don't - even when you're standing right next to them. It's all about whether your can get in via the handover; if it's too much work, it times out and you don't get in. It's an equation that takes into account your connectivity, the server, timing, and all kinds of other factors. It's very frustrating, I agree.

There's no real trick to get your connection to Pokémon GO any better. ]: We just have to be patient. Urgh.

MadHatter62

The Master of Sticks
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2017
    I have issues with AR. It won't show the Pokémon when I have AR on.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    When the app is in background for some time and I reopen it, it will never reconnect, I have to force close it and start it again. Otherwise everything is working fine, except for some UI lag.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2016
    My Pokedex is broken. Description text of any Pokemon is written vertically but it should be horizontally. Also, I cannot view any other Pokemon detailed because it moves to start on the first Pokemon no matter which one I click.
    Has someone similiar problems? Can anyone help?
    I contacted Niantics but I think there will be no response ;/

Back