• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Go suggestions/rant

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2016
    So I got pokemon go for the phone. It's so so, didn't expect too much after seeing the beta, I'm sure they'll add cool updates and stuff in the future but for now, I want to make some quick suggestions before I talk more about the game and what not.

1. Have wild pokemon appear randomly. You shouldn't need incense to attract pokemon. The game would be so much better if sometimes random wild pokemon appeared. I live in the middle of nowhere, so implementing this would help so much. I won't have to buy incense, or go to town to get a stable connection.

2. Fix the pokemon nearby. Instead of footprints on the nearby pokemon, please add back to the distance from you in meters or whatever like it was during the beta version. This helps us track the nearby pokemon, and still doesn't really hurt the game honestly cause you still gotta move and shit.

Other than that, Pokemon go is ok. I also have a problem with the need to duplicate pokemon, and get candies to evolve the pokemon. So for example, catch a pikachu? You going to have to catch more to evolve it. To me, this is stupid and takes away the uniqueness of that pokemon. Oh fuck you just caught a Mew? Well, nothing special, you're gonna have to catch like 30 more to evolve it. So that 1 little mew isn't any special.

I know this isn't going to be changed, but it's just retarded honestly.

At least the game promotes getting out but if you live in the middle of nowhere, and a shitty town 15 minutes away, you won't probably have a gym or anything.

3. Speaking of gyms.... Why not have a gym button? A button which automatically teleports you to the gym so you can drop off pokemon to defend or battle, and stuff. That would help so much.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • So I got pokemon go for the phone. It's so so, didn't expect too much after seeing the beta, I'm sure they'll add cool updates and stuff in the future but for now, I want to make some quick suggestions before I talk more about the game and what not.

1. Have wild pokemon appear randomly. You shouldn't need incense to attract pokemon. The game would be so much better if sometimes random wild pokemon appeared. I live in the middle of nowhere, so implementing this would help so much. I won't have to buy incense, or go to town to get a stable connection.

2. Fix the pokemon nearby. Instead of footprints on the nearby pokemon, please add back to the distance from you in meters or whatever like it was during the beta version. This helps us track the nearby pokemon, and still doesn't really hurt the game honestly cause you still gotta move and ****.

Other than that, Pokemon go is ok. I also have a problem with the need to duplicate pokemon, and get candies to evolve the pokemon. So for example, catch a pikachu? You going to have to catch more to evolve it. To me, this is stupid and takes away the uniqueness of that pokemon. Oh **** you just caught a Mew? Well, nothing special, you're gonna have to catch like 30 more to evolve it. So that 1 little mew isn't any special.

I know this isn't going to be changed, but it's just retarded honestly.

At least the game promotes getting out but if you live in the middle of nowhere, and a ****ty town 15 minutes away, you won't probably have a gym or anything.

3. Speaking of gyms.... Why not have a gym button? A button which automatically teleports you to the gym so you can drop off pokemon to defend or battle, and stuff. That would help so much.

1. They do appear randomly. You don't need an incense for them to appear it just makes them more likely to appear.

2. Footprints indicate how far away something is. 1 footprint is within 20 meters, 2 is within 100, 3 is within 1 kilometer.

3. Because the point of the game is to get you walking. You should be able to view the gym from wherever if you have a Pokemon there so you can see the other Pokemon helping you, other than that it should stay the same.

Also Mew doesn't evolve.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
    Years
  • G.U.Y. likely EkkQ is suffering from the same problem I am in that Pokemon rarely appear or do not appear at all where he is at. Where I am you HAVE to use incense to see a pokemon. Wierdly I have several gyms and pokespots nearby but no Pokemon...

It must be nice to be able to walk around and actually enjoy the app without having to make a special drive into a town just to have a chance at playing the game.

Sadly I would be thrilled to see a wild zubat or rattata since it means I found a wild something.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    As a city dweller I have none of your problems! :(

My main issue is Gyms. As the game is getting more popular, more and more people are brawling for Gyms - to the point I am beating then losing Gyms within 10 minutes.

What I'd like to see is a 'lockdown' of a Gym which prevents a sore loser recapturing their gym immediately. Yesterday, three of my mystic friends took an instinct gym and the guy was just hanging around waiting to swipe in and take it back the moment it went unclaimed again. Since we were in post-battle-lag he beat us three times until we gave up :/.

So basically, I'd like to see:
    Team Blue beat Team Red Gym -> Team Red cannot capture this Gym for 1 hour.

Team Yellow could still take it, of course.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Mana's suggestion on gyms is nice.

But basically there should be more pokestops and gyms. At the very least pokéstops; I can understand if they want to keep gyms to cities mostly. But I spent a few days out on the countryside this weekend and there was no way to get more pokéballs and certainly no gym for many kilometres. At least you can still go pokémon hunting with your friends (which was a lot of fun!) but it's really a pity that there aren't more pokéstops in less populated areas.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    But basically there should be more pokestops and gyms. At the very least pokéstops; I can understand if they want to keep gyms to cities mostly. But I spent a few days out on the countryside this weekend and there was no way to get more pokéballs and certainly no gym for many kilometres. At least you can still go pokémon hunting with your friends (which was a lot of fun!) but it's really a pity that there aren't more pokéstops in less populated areas.

This must be awful! Even in the city, some streets here have NOTHING, no Gyms no PokeStops, nothing. Yet other random locations are used.

I guess when its properly released here there might be more added? Here's hoping.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • 1. I want Trading like soon (but ik its coming eventually)
    2. I want to be able to face my friends 1v1 without gyms involved or anything.
    3. More Gyms (like i have none near me just a couple thousand pokestops)

Years
  • I think a feature similar to Pokemon Amie would be amazing in Go. We could send out Pokemon and by using the AR camera we would be able to interact with them in the real world. Tbh I don't think this feature is that unrealistic but it might be a while before we get anything similar to it.

Also, trading is coming soon and that's gonna be amazing xD

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    Pokemon Go - Ideas for Future Updates

Here are my ideas that I think will help make Pokemon Go better and more fun. Comment your ideas and thoughts.

PokeMart - They are available near stores (e.g. ASDA, Walmart, etc) and are used for players to use their coins to purchase items (Pokeballs, potions, etc) available at the PokeMart. Players can also hold their own PokeMart at a chosen place and can sell their items to make money.

PokeCentre - They are available in random places and can be used to heal Pokemon after battle. It takes 2 minutes to heal each Pokemon.

TMs - Collect them at PokeStops and are store in your bag for later use. This can be used to change your Pokemon known moves to ones that you collect.

Random items - These are obtained by walking and appear randomly. An item will appear while you travel and you are given the option to pick it up or sell it at the PokeMart. The reason for you finding these random items on your journey is because they were dropped.

Pokemon Neighbourhood Watch - Deploy a pokemon to protect your neighbourhood while you sleep or at work. Those who are different team to you and entre your area will be meet with a battle screen similar to the gym. To start they battle they must first click on the Pokemon as you would if you're searching for one. If you win the Pokemon is returned to he other player and you're free to roam the area.

Hope you like. Tell me your ideas and I will feature them here if I think they're good.

Last edited:

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • With how insanely difficult the Pokemon are becoming to catch at Level 20 they should at the very least make it so you can buy Great Balls/Ultra Balls in the shop. Maybe even have it related to your level. Once you unlock Great Balls the shop option for PokeBallls becomes Great Balls.

Years
  • Poke Center for sure. If you go grinding through a gym and lose all your viable Pokemon, you should be able to mass revive and heal them in one stop.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • My biggest suggestions is to fix the bugs it has. Most of them already being fixed with the last updates. But loading the game needs to take too long , so quick loading times need to be done. Fix the bug infinite loading screen error. Make it more accessible for those with limited wi-fi.I don't have a smartphone (and cant afford one atm) so I'm playing on an iPod touch 5th generation. So I can only play when near a wi-fi hotspot, so basically at my house, school and a few other places. Make it easier to find Pokemon in my house or backyard. I want to find more Pokemon in my small urban neighborhood nowhere near my downtown area. More Pokestops nearby or near wi-fi hotspots would be great cause right now I have to go to school to get to a pokestop.

More clothing options and customization options would be nice. Every male trainer looks the same and it's boring. I want different hair and a cooler top would be nice.

I think this will be happening,but add more Pokemon. Add gens 2-6. I want to catch some of the gen 2 and 3 Pokemon already.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2016
    Suggestion/Idea for "Teams"
    Players should be able to make their own team/group of their friends even random people instead of having 3 permanent teams which can easily become unbalanced in size.
    The colors (red, blue, yellow) can be kept. These "Teams" can wage war against other nearby or even distant teams (Gyms turn Red), Ally others (Gyms turn Yellow), or have no beef at all with a group in other words, neutral (Gyms turn blue).
    Starting out, I was clueless of the 3 teams, thought it wouldn't matter which one was chosen. But now, playing intensively, I would love to capture gyms with the help of people I personally know and go on "raids" with a group of friends. Cant really do this if we're split into 3 unchangeable teams.
    Anyways, that's my thought of teams, Thanks. :D

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I love GO so far, but I will admit, I have only one concern, is there anything out there keeping track of "Power Creep", or is it just going to be, the best stay the best, the bad stay bad? If you were playing the game the day it came out, you will always be the best if you play constantly and if you started playing the game later then you will always be behind because it's incredibly crazy difficult to catch up in power level to anyone who has been playing for multiple days before you ever touched the game.

Is there a CP cap or do the numbers just constantly climb? It just seems like if there is nothing monitoring and possibly nerfing the CP cap, then the players who started playing the game the moment it was released and are constantly spending all their time and money on it, no matter what they will always be better than anybody who starts later.

I mean I recognize this, but I'm not mad about it, just concerned and curious about how it will be dealt with if it hasn't been dealt with already.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • ...they should at the very least make it so you can buy Great Balls/Ultra Balls in the shop. Maybe even have it related to your level. Once you unlock Great Balls the shop option for PokeBallls becomes Great Balls.
    This. Oh my God.

Why on earth would I even want to buy Poké Balls past a certain level? I look at in-app purchases like this: you can either work hard in the game for things, or you can spend your money that you already worked hard for. Either way, it should cost you something. With no option to buy Great and Ultra Balls with real money, there's no longer really any incentive to make in-app purchases. If I don't have more Poké Balls, I can't progress in the game, and if I can't buy Great or Ultra Balls, then I really can't progress too far as nearly everything would just break free. It would just be a waste of money at this point. It really only benefits new players.

I mentioned this in a previous post the other night. This is what is getting me most upset about GO. :\ There was a very quick power grab for those who have the time to sit around and do nothing but guard gyms and continuously level-up. At first it was fun to see and participate in the gym nabbing and defending, but some took it too far and now camp-out at these sites all day - effectively making it impossible to enjoy that aspect of the game in those areas. Wish there was some way to balance this, but hey, I'm not really a game developer.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I mentioned this in a previous post the other night. This is what is getting me most upset about GO. :\ There was a very quick power grab for those who have the time to sit around and do nothing but guard gyms and continuously level-up. At first it was fun to see and participate in the gym nabbing and defending, but some took it too far and now camp-out at these sites all day - effectively making it impossible to enjoy that aspect of the game in those areas. Wish there was some way to balance this, but hey, I'm not really a game developer.

I actually just realized something that I didn't know until I looked around a bit more on this board, but people are saying that "trading" will be added to Pokemon GO eventually.
    If this is true that would actually balance a lot of stuff, mind you it wouldn't be perfect, but it does provide an outlet for powerful players to kindly trade down really awesome things to their friends, which will spread it out nicely.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Is there a CP cap or do the numbers just constantly climb? It just seems like if there is nothing monitoring and possibly nerfing the CP cap, then the players who started playing the game the moment it was released and are constantly spending all their time and money on it, no matter what they will always be better than anybody who starts later.

I mean I recognize this, but I'm not mad about it, just concerned and curious about how it will be dealt with if it hasn't been dealt with already.

Hmm, whilst there is a power creep I also feel like the effects are minimal. A Lv 10 isn't at much of a disadvantage to a lv 15 unless the latter has maxed out their Pokemon (ie, spent a lot more time capturing and grinding). Even when it comes to Gyms, its easy to 6v1 a pokemon that is well above your max CP.

And of course, as you increase in levels the amount of XP you need to level up gets more and more and more. So people should catch up in levels quickly. I'm approaching lv 18 now and its slow af. Back at lv 10 I could go up a whole level or more with one lucky egg, but those days are gone now!

Back