• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokemon Gold Hack: Blue Remake - reason inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
Years
if your making a blue game to play on a phone...why not just get a Blue ROM? and/or hack blue

did you read the thread much?
my posts are all in blue so theyre not hard to spot and i gave my reasonings.

edit:
the new sprites are fully implemented including the surfing sprite i made for shiny gold!

pkemaniac999

in need of help for a hack, pm
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2015
helping with your hack

Hey Bigsteve I made a back pic for your hack it is pretty good I took it from blue with the snip tool and fixed it up a bit I can insert it for you if AGIXP doesn't work. Mateo feel free to use this too.

pkemaniac999

in need of help for a hack, pm
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2015
Okay then I am looking forward o this hack and especially brown!! So how's the progress report??

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Wow I like this.I don't really play GSC hacks but for this it will be an exception.I would like to play blue on the GBC rombases.I was thinking you could use the other region for orange islands but it wouldn't feel right speaking as is a blue remake.Good luck with this,because I'm itching to play...

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
Years
Wow I like this.I don't really play GSC hacks but for this it will be an exception.I would like to play blue on the GBC rombases.I was thinking you could use the other region for orange islands but it wouldn't feel right speaking as is a blue remake.Good luck with this,because I'm itching to play...

good news my good man,
I've just finished a project guitar with a friend and im almost done with my college work. with a bit of luck ill have a night or two on this soon and i'll compile myself some scripts and get stuck it ;)

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2016
read the thread *sighs*

the blue rom is annoying in general because of the bag limitations, plus it's (gold) an easy rombase

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2016
This game seems like at has some progress...

BigSteve, will this be able to go on a VisualBoyAdvance or somehting, or just the meboy?

Last edited:
Years
Cool. Nice idea, there. And above, somebody suggested the Orange islands. I'd actually recommend that, it'd be a really great feature, and not that hard, since you have a full region to toy around with.
Interesting, i'll be keeping an eye on this...

gotron228

^_^
Years
This looks excellent man it's good to see your remaking Blue seeing Gold has 2 regions in it so you can fiddle around with the game and add or remove some stuff I think as part of the Johto Pokemon you should keep in Espeon and Umbreon that would be a nice feature to be able to have Eevee evolve into Johto evolutions in Blue Version anyway this is looking good I hope to see this be completed in the end.

-gotron228

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
Years
Well, haven't I been gone a long time!

Might get back into this stuff some time soon with a little luck! It's only been 4 years!
Tempted to start an Advance hack instead though, since phones have come so far these days it just seems illogical to keep going with Gold. Won't decide too much too soon though!!!

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Well, haven't I been gone a long time!

Might get back into this stuff some time soon with a little luck! It's only been 4 years!
Tempted to start an Advance hack instead though, since phones have come so far these days it just seems illogical to keep going with Gold. Won't decide too much too soon though!!!

I was thinking of this topic a few days ago. I worked on something similar and made it to Mt.Moon. But map connections are a real pain in the 2nd gen hacking. But if you would like to go back to I wouldn't mind helping you ease back into it since we have the same idea. Your hack inspiried my own creation. And so did SaR.

EIDT: Infact, I might send you a copy of this rom hack I did as I started over the beginning of this year because I became a better rom hacker. But it stops at the first Gary battle. It has new Red backsprites and music re-insertions from R/B(sounds different because of the newer instruments used).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back