• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Pokemon Gold - Help! I'm stuck!

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    hey guys,
    i was wondering if anyone could help me out.
    i made it to goldenrod city, beat the gym leader, etc, but didn't get the squirt bottle. then i met the guard who asks you to take the pokemon with mail to his friend on rt. 31. i delivered the pokemon, and now i have no idea how to get back. the sudowood is still blocking the path... i know there must be an alternate route to goldenrod, but i can't figure it out for the life of me.

i really, really appreciate any help you guys can give.

dawnxmasquerade

a nocturnal concerto
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2008
    I'm not sure how much this will help, but if you want the squirt bottle, it's in a little house on the east side of Goldenrod city once you figure out how to get back. I think you have to talk to a lady inside to get it. Good luck!

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    hey guys,
    i was wondering if anyone could help me out.
    i made it to goldenrod city, beat the gym leader, etc, but didn't get the squirt bottle. then i met the guard who asks you to take the pokemon with mail to his friend on rt. 31. i delivered the pokemon, and now i have no idea how to get back. the sudowood is still blocking the path... i know there must be an alternate route to goldenrod, but i can't figure it out for the life of me.

i really, really appreciate any help you guys can give.

Go through the cave south of Violet City that leads to Azalea Town. Go through Ilex Forest (be sure to have a cut Pokemon) and then you'll head north through the building to Goldenrod.

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
  • No. You NEED to get the badge from Whitney. When you beat Whitney, she'll began to cry and her sister will stop you. Then go back to Whitney to obtain the badge. After that go to the house east side of the gym to get the Squirt Bottle.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
  • There's no other path except the long way around. Go through the Cave south of Violet all the way to Azalea, then make a quick cut through Ilex and you're back in goldenrod. Go to the house with the garden in the back and the lady watering the flowers should give it to you.

Dusclord

Ganon killer
    Years
  • Z'is.
    No. You NEED to get the badge from Whitney. When you beat Whitney, she'll began to cry and her sister will stop you. Then go back to Whitney to obtain the badge. After that go to the house east side of the gym to get the Squirt Bottle.

I remember I tried to find a Squirtle with my fishing rod, don't do that it is ridiculous.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Z'is.
    I remember I tried to find a Squirtle with my fishing rod, don't do that it is ridiculous.

That had nothing to do with the question in question?

Ericka- is correct, beat Whitney and you can get the squirtbottle.

If you want to go back to Goldenrod, you'll simply have to once more walk the way you first used to get there. Through Origin cave and Azalea and Ilex forest. It shouldn't be any more complicated than that.

Pingouin_7

No. Walking from Sudowoodo tree to Union Cave to Ilex forest to get back to Goldenrod is a waste of time.

Just take the path with the Natural Park.

RaikaCastillo

Spark Javelin!!!
    Years
  • No. Walking from Sudowoodo tree to Union Cave to Ilex forest to get back to Goldenrod is a waste of time.

Just take the path with the Natural Park.

He can't if he doesn't have the squirtbottle yet. So, yes, dudestorm you do have to take the long way around.

And yeah, I missed getting the first time as well. Even two generations later, Whitney is STILL the SINGLE most irritating Gym Leader in history.

1. Miltank from hell
    2. Crybaby
    3. Won't give you the badge right away
    4. Gives you a TM that really isn't that good except to serve as an annoyance

But yeah, I'm pretty sure that if you don't have the squirtbottle, you have to go through Union Cave and Ilex Forest.

RanzAlton

Pokemon Champion
    Years
  • He can't if he doesn't have the squirtbottle yet. So, yes, dudestorm you do have to take the long way around.

And yeah, I missed getting the first time as well. Even two generations later, Whitney is STILL the SINGLE most irritating Gym Leader in history.

1. Miltank from hell
    2. Crybaby

But yeah, I'm pretty sure that if you don't have the squirtbottle, you have to go through Union Cave and Ilex Forest.

^
    ^
    ^Definitely agree, I hate that Damn Miltank who uses Rollouts and The Leader is a weak one too, she has a High Pride on herself...and The TM.. god.. Its .. Not that good..

*~Frost Umbreon~*

TURN OFF YOUR ORPHANS.
    Years
  • He can't if he doesn't have the squirtbottle yet. So, yes, dudestorm you do have to take the long way around.

1. Miltank from hell
    2. Crybaby

I SO agree about the Miltank. It fainted my level 22 Croconaw in two Rollouts. Then it fainted my level 21 Charmeleon. AND MY CHARMELEON WAS SHINY! D:

On topic: You need to go the long way again, through Union Cave to Azalea to Ilex Forest, cut down the tree, and back in Goldenrod. The Flower House is right next to the gym. Talk to the girl in the red dress and get the Squirtbottle.

Years
  • You also have to talk to someone standing next to the Sudowoodo before the woman in the flower shop will give you the squirtbottle.

Unless that's just in Crystal, I can't remember.

Years
  • Yes thats just in crystal;)
    but i think everyone made clear what to do so why keep saying the same things everyone!?
    No offense.

Back