• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Pokemon Gold Help

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2009
    Alright, I haven't played Pokemon since I was seven, seven years ago. Now I'm replaying Pokemon Gold. I've already beat all the gym leaders in Johto. I'm about ready to fight the Elite Four, only I was a few more good Pokemon before I do it.

I've only got three Pokemon that I frequently use. Feraligatr, Red Gyarados, and Ho-Oh. All of them are close to level 50. I'd like to catch at least two more strong Pokemon before I fight them. My first thought was to catch a Larvitar and level it up until it was a Tyranitar, since they're very strong. But apparently the only place to catch Larvitar is Mt. Silver, which is accessible only after the Elite Four are defeated.

Any ideas of strong Pokemon I should catch before the fight?

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    I would suggest catching either a Dratini in the Dragon's Lair and/or a Flaafy on the route south of the Lake of Rage.

Also, get your starter to at least 55, that's kind of a necessity.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2009
    Alright, I caught a Dratini, who I'm now in the process of leveling up. Before I enter the fight I'll make sure everyone's at least level 50.

What's the best Dark type and Electric type Pokemon I could get.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    Get a Flaafy, and a Houndoom.
    They're both pretty good pokemon. But, make sure they are at least Lv. 50.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Your fine, you're fine as you are, I beat the E4 with 3 Pokemon in the low 40s.

But if you really want a Pokemon go catch an Abra by Goldenrod and evolve it.

To all those people who say get a dark pokemon, well he can't the only one available before the E4 is Umbreon.

Years
  • i suggest you go to the game corner and get some coins and level up the pokemon yu get there. a drantini or umbreon would be best and as said above, i think flaffy would be your best bet!

or a kadabra... [evolve an abra]

Last edited:
    Back