• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Pokemon Gold Rip-Off Version

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2013
    Hi! I bought this version of Pokemon Gold off an auction site in New Zealand called trademe to later find out that it was a bootleg / rip-off version
    All the Pokemon are called slightly different names all the moves are silly versions of what they really are (like tackle is called punch) and sometimes the text just turns into all weird symbols
    The cartridge is grey instead of gold but with the Gold sticker

I really want to know more information about this? did i get ripped off or is this a rare collectors item? I've added a picture hopefully it links correctly
    it reads "This Sipe Out" instead of side which i thought was really funny too!!!

oh it won't let me post a url... thats silly...
    stevebell33.tumblr.com/image/56132430184
    hopefully it will let me away with that?

tnfsf11

Could just be a rough translation bootleg.
    Like Vietnamese Crystal.
    OR you were ripped off, never buy from places that aren't certified as legit sellers..

But look at the bright side; your cartridge actually had the Pokémon game, where I live there's this one store that sells GBA & GBC Pokémon games but when I bought some from it they turned out to be games like "Felix The Cat" & "Tom & Jerry" for the NES but hacked with Pokémon sprites, how awful is that??? ;)

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
    Years
  • I would be happy to own it.
    Just for giggles. Dude, Pokemon Gold is old now man. Like. It used to be good for the odd play through.. But its just too far gone now.

But if your not convinced.. There is always Emulators.

Years
  • Usually I'd tell everyone to destroy fake cartridges but that seems like an interesting one to keep, just for "teh lulz."

Back