• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Gold Version (Original) Team ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony_the_Dark_Prominence

Your hate for me is divine!
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2011
    Once again, I am currently playing the ORIGINAL Pokemon Gold game as of now. I would like for you guys (and gals) to witness my current pokemon team and review them. I need to know if this team is perfect for Pokemon Stadium 2 (Gym Leader and Poke-Cup) and for battling against my rivals/friends in competitive matches. (My friends and I hang out a lot and have video game marathons.)

Typhlosion LV 51 (Items: Magnet)
    Flamethrower, Earthquake, Thunder Punch, Sunny Day

Pikachu LV 50 (Items: Light Ball)
    Reversal, Surf, Endure, Thunderbolt
    - Coincidencially, I do have a Pikachu on my team, just like Red does. YES, Pikachu CAN learn Surf... Play the first Pokemon Stadium with the Yellow version for evidence. (It took me a few weeks however, due to work and college...) The reason why Pikachu remains unevolved is because... Raichu DOESN'T hold Light Ball... Pikachu does. And works like a charm on him. Yes, I am aware of the risks. Pikachu is the TEXT BOOK example of "glass cannon." Dishes out damage but can't take it. (Think Akuma from Street Fighter III) Reversal and Endure is a classical combo. Pikachu would not be able to stand a chance against one STAB move. So endure and reversal works perfectly here, and his speed is slightly rewarding... maybe...

Alakazam LV 51 (Items: Nevermeltice)
    Encore, Ice Punch, Recover, Psychic
    - Alakazam plays a odd role in my team. He can be an annoyer or a sweeper at the same time. Ice Punch is used to scare off those pesky Dragonair's and Dragonites. (Let's face it... Lance is a CHEATER!) Psychic is good for STAB. I could not find the Twisted Spoon for him to hold so I stuck with the Nevermeltice for his Ice Punch attack. I can easily teach other elemental punches too. Encore and Recover is used for annoyance and to piss people off. Umbreon and Alakazam can be lethal as long as there are no bug types hanging around... (SCIZOR!!!!!)

Porygon 2 LV 50 (Items: Miracle Berry)
    Recover, Curse, Return, Ice Beam
    - Porygon 2 is very weird and tricky Pokemon. (Should I use Scizor instead?) ... Porygon 2 is only weak to fighting type moves. Porygon 2 also has a very VERSATILE (this is understatement) move pool. Ice Beam is used for things like Quagsire (who is actually weak against grass types) or other Dragon and Flying types. Return is a decievingly powerful move too, as he gets STAB from it and the base power increases depending on if it is cool with you or not. Curse... I hate this move... but I like it at the same time. This strategy can get really evil as long Porygon 2 knows Recover. Umbreon BP's it's Mean Look while the opponent is confused makes Porygon 2 even worse.

Aerodactyl LV 51 (Items: Charcoal)
    Ancient Power, Fire Blast, Earthquake, Wing Attack

Umbreon LV 50 (Items: Leftovers)
    Baton Pass, Bite, Confuse Ray, Mean Look
    - Umbreon is a defensively oriented Pokemon and a tank. Confuse Ray and Bite are very good combos. Confusion will hinder the opponents movement, while I bite them with a 30% chance of flinching. Baton Pass is meant for the Mean Look and for scouting out other Pokemon. Then there are moves like Toxic... Attract...

NOTES:

- Typhlosion and Aerodactyl are self-explanatory. Typhlosion gets STAB for his Flamethrower. Aerodactyl gets STAB for Ancient Power and Wing Attack. So Typhlosion recieved a Magnet to hold for his Thunder Punch for Water types. Aerodactyl is a quick and offensive beast. I taught him Fire Blast for surprise element. Therefore, Aerodactyl is holding Charcaol (It might be logical if I used Soft Sand for his Earthquake, because despite his high attack power, he does not get STAB damage from it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back