• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Golden Sun

u0850913

What, nine thousand?!
    Years
    Pokemon Cosmic Version

Hai everyone! u0850913 here. I've been around the Community for a while now, I just haven't bothered to make another acc since I got a new computer. SO anyway, I've been messing around with ROMs, y'know, just wrecking the text and movement permissions, but I think it's time for something serious. [Oh, and yeah; I was originally going to call this Pokemon Golden Sun, but it won't let me edit the title... o_0]

Pokemon Cosmic is centered around Deoxys, and is a hack of Pokemon Ruby. In this, though, Jirachi is the Sun Pokemon and Deoxys is the Moon Pokemon. I'm hoping to make a real dedication to this hack, and help would be greatly appreciated.

Positions available:
    Overworld Designer
    Scripter
    Town Map Editor
    Storyboarder
    Mapper

If I missed something important, please tell me. I'll hopefully have positions with more than one person. In fact, the more the merrier. I probably won't need a proofreader, seeing as I like to use as much correct grammar as possible. The Overworld Designer isn't all that important, as I'll probably just use the default tiles, but the Scripter is the MOST IMPORTANT position in probably any hack. If anyone here knows advanced scripting, please get back to me so I can start on this hack. Oh, and the storyboarding, I'll most likely do all that myself.

DIFFERENCES BETWEEN COSMIC AND RUBY

This game is going to be set in the Hoenn region, so, as you can tell, there won't be many differences to towns and such. I want the player to have the ability to go into space, though, via the Mossdeep Space Center. There, the player will find Jirachi and Deoxys battling it out on the Moon. After a short cutscene, Jirachi will disappear, and you will have to either catch or defeat Deoxys. Jirachi reappears in place of Rayquaza at the Sky Pillar.

There isn't much else I can think of right now. I'll continue the story as we progress through the hack, but right now, I'm going to start on the maps. See ya!

You know what? Stuff it. I'm going to just go all out and list the differences now!

Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza are GONE.
    Jirachi and Deoxys will be available through the story, not with stupid tickets and stuff.
    The player will have access to the moon, where Lunatone, Solrock, Cleffa, Clefairy, Clefable and Deoxys will be available.
    Deoxys is the main Poke in this game.
    Some Towns and Gyms will be altered.
    The Sky Pillar will remain the same, except for the fact that Jirachi replaces Rayquaza.
    You will be able to complete the National Pokedex, in that there will be books dotted around Hoenn which each contain a piece of Hoenn history. Three books in all; One underwater, one after Jirachi is caught at the Sky Pillar, and one at Mt. Chimney.
    The Cave of Origin is off-limits; unless I come up with a decent use for it. Help will be appreciated for that.
    Team Galactic will make their debut in a Pokemon Advance game.
    Meteor Falls will be much more significant; Again, if I can think of a use.
    Team Aqua/Magma won't be existant, though maybe a couple of cameo characters will be added.
    Navel Rock and Birth Island will be gone. I might make the Old Sea Chart obtainable.
    EVERY AREA will be covered in mist caused by Deoxys.

General Story

The game starts out the same as any other Advanced Generation game. You set the clock, which is kind of pointless in any ROM, save Birch and get a Pokemon (Chikorita, Cyndaquil or Totodile. This is due to the other three Pokemon getting a bit repetitive, but they will be available in the wild.). Then you find out about the fog that has been clouded everywhere. It was apparently caused by a meteorite which landed at Route 123, but then disappeared. You decide after a little battle with your rival that you want to continue battling Pokemon, and start on a journey to the League. From here until Slateport City, it's pretty much the same. Slateport now has a Space Museum, and Team Galactic are taking over it just as Team Aqua/Magma did with it in RSE. You defeat them, then continue yet again.

I need to get ready for school, so maybe I'll finish this in the afternoon.

Last edited:

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
    Years
    Staryu on the moon? Wouldn't Clefairy be better. Anyway try thinking a bit more of the story and you really need to be able to stuff to the hack

u0850913

What, nine thousand?!
    Years
    Good idea; I dunno why I didn't think of Clefairy. But I guess I just assumed Staryu would be good; Space, stars, Staryu... I'll think up more of the story soon, I guess.

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.
    Years
    I made a banner, because I'm just nice like that.

Pokemon Golden Sun

https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3597/3299103773_b0872e5465_o.jpg

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
    Constructive question/comment: At the end, you put the new game text... but you didn't change it at all (yet?). Since we've probably heard that a million times now, you might just put "unchanged" or something. Until you DO change it. I got a little bored reading through it to see what you changed.
    You're doing fine though. The story seems all right, although it doesn't really hook my interest. But that could just be me.

cartercr

Sour Kangaroo's best friend!
    Years
    Okay, I'm surprised no one has thought of this. UMBREON is the moon pokemon and ESPEON is the sun pokemon. Deyoxes and Jirachi have their own place in the world. Try thinking of a new way to encorperate Jirachi and Deyoxes. BTW I like the Idea of using Jirachi. I haven't actually seen a hack using it. (At least as one of the main Legends.)

I'll do scripting and OW editing for you. The current OW's SUCK!

u0850913

What, nine thousand?!
    Years
    I'll do scripting and OW editing for you. The current OW's SUCK!

Yaaaay! I was beginning to think that nobody would come along... Thanks!
    Yeah, the current OW's DO suck, but I haven't got that much of a problem with them. I would love to see the ones you can make, but you don't have to.

So anyway, yeah. I forgot about Espeon and Umbreon, so I'm just racking my brain to think of a way to still make them "Space Pokemon"... I don't want to include the other planets, like Saturn, Mars, etc. because of them being "lesser planets". The Sun and the Moon are the only ones you can actually see properly in the sky.
    Hmm... RetroGamer, you're in, if you think you can help me with that. I want to think of a decent use for Meteor Falls, but I just can't think of one...

Oh, and since this is my first ROM hack, I was wondering about the order of operations. Does mapping come first, then spriting and finally scripting or something? I know I'd still have to change the starter Pokemon and edit the text, but I just use programs from WaH to do all of that... Can anyone clarify?

RetroGamer379

Call Me Retro!
    Years
    Meteor Falls could be the main hideout of Team Galactic, by making new maps or making a map link to the hideout originally near lilycove. Also, if you said that Jirachi leaves the moon then you have to battle deoxys, how about after that Jirachi appears in Meteor Falls, you know, where the Bagon are found originally.

Okay, I'm surprised no one has thought of this. UMBREON is the moon pokemon and ESPEON is the sun pokemon.

Sunflora is also the sun pokemon.
    kinda weird if you ask me :p

Last edited:

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
    I think that the order you do things in mostly depends on the hacker. I'm doing most to all of my mapping before doing much else, but many people map/script/etc a certain area so they can get a beta out.

Basically, you just have to find out what order works best for you; that's what I think at least.

cartercr

Years
    I recommend using the Elite Map set. Here is what it has:
    Mapping: Elite Map
    Wild Pokemon: Bewildered
    Attack Editing: Patted
    Stats Editing: Baseedit
    Pokemon Cries: PokeCryGUI
    Battle Editor: Pet
    Sprite Indexing: RS Ball
    Scripting: Scripted
    IPS Patching: LIPS
    Plus unLZ.GBA

RetroGamer379

Call Me Retro!
    Years
    I recommend using the Elite Map set. Here is what it has:
    Mapping: Elite Map
    Wild Pokemon: Bewildered
    Attack Editing: Patted
    Stats Editing: Baseedit
    Pokemon Cries: PokeCryGUI
    Battle Editor: Pet
    Sprite Indexing: RS Ball
    Scripting: Scripted
    IPS Patching: LIPS
    Plus unLZ.GBA

Here are some other suggestions besides the Elitemap pack (which I think contains a virus of some kind)
    Advancemap outclasses Elitemap WAY to much, just get advanced map.
    Instead of PET, use Advanced Trainer, its one of Hackmew's tools.
    I recommend XSE for scripting.
    Wild Pokemon can be edited with advancemap.
    Unlz-gba is good, use that.
    LIPS is good, use that.
    Never used pokecry, but I don't know of another program to edit the cries of pokemon. Use that, I guess.
    Attack editor-A Attack
    You can edit stats and many more stuff about a pokemon with YAPE.
    RS Ball is good if you are hacking sprites in Emerald.

u0850913

What, nine thousand?!
    Years
    Mmm, those all sound like pretty good programs, but remember that I'm only changing the major parts of the game. I don't exactly want to throw myself in the deep end.

cartercr

Years
    Elite map doesn't have a virus. Besides, Advance Map has too many bugs. Elite map works very well, also, YAPE is a good program, I use it myself, but about all I ever use A Map for is tileset editing. That's about the only thing that isn't bugged. Also XSE is good for scripting, but I am waiting for a better update to it. It still is bugged and it still needs some work to make it better.

RetroGamer379

Call Me Retro!
    Years
    Elite map doesn't have a virus. Besides, Advance Map has too many bugs. Elite map works very well, also, YAPE is a good program, I use it myself, but about all I ever use A Map for is tileset editing. That's about the only thing that isn't bugged. Also XSE is good for scripting, but I am waiting for a better update to it. It still is bugged and it still needs some work to make it better.

I'm saying that elite map MIGHT have a virus because my computer said that it might be at risk and then told me what the problem was, this folder called "Elite Map."

And I had just downloaded Elite map.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Hmm...Nice idea,but you need to put an origin feature in the hack.Anyway,this hack is cool,but you gotta fix something:Jirachi don't fitin the sky pillar.Find a place like the mirage island.

Good luck.

RetroGamer379

Call Me Retro!
    Years
    Hmm...Nice idea,but you need to put an origin feature in the hack.Anyway,this hack is cool,but you gotta fix something:Jirachi don't fitin the sky pillar.Find a place like the mirage island.

Good luck.

That's what I think. I suggested Jirachi could appear in Meteor Falls, since he wants something BIG to happen there.

Back