• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pokemon golden topaz

what should the starters be

• the original kanto starters, charmander, bulbasaur and squirtle

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • or something else (please reply to this thread if you have any ideas)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

trivium

pokemon trainer
Years
  • Intro
    Hey, i am Tom or known here as Trivium, I haven't given up on my hack of pokemon onyx, but have taken some time to get my hacking skills up, so to practise I have decided to pause onyx and start a new hack called POKEMON GOLDEN TOPAZ!!!

Hack of: fire red

Story
    Part one:
    The first part of the game takes place in Kanto five years after gold and silver, diamond, pearl and platinum. Team Rocket, Magma, Aqua and Galactic have all disbanded and the world is at peace, but some strange events have been happening around the region of Kanto. So Prof Oak send a young boy/girl and their rival to find out what is going on, while they collect the gym badges along the way. Due to many natural diasters wreaking the region some routes have been cut off and some of the badge order is now different. There are also johto pokemon in Kanto! Things are starting to fall apart in the world of Pokemon and your the only one who can stop it!

Part two:
    After defeating the elite four and taking down team Cloud, you then journey to the sevii islands to investigate some rare pokemon sightings. (hoenn pokemon) Where the player will meet a new evil team, the rivals to team cloud, team Toxic, who have just started their reign of terror by poisoning the lands of the pokemon world. This is a new age in the world of Pokemon, and things are going to change.

alternate part two:
    After defeating the elite four and taking down team Cloud, you then journey to Poketopia to participate in the Poketopia Battle League Challange and investigate some rare pokemon sightings (hoenn pokemon). There you will meet a new evil team, who have just started their reign of terror. This is a new age in the world of Pokemon, and things are going to change. An Epic battle between two Ancient Birds will take place and it is up to you again to stop it.

Features
    -Heroes from fire red and leaf green
    -new rivals, some will help you
    -new gym leaders
    -johto and hoenn pokemon
    -new evil team
    -an epic battle to decide the fate of the pokemon world
    -Poketopia league after E4

I now have the order for gym leaders and e4:
    Forrest (Brock's little bro) - rock
    Misty -water
    Walter - Electric (He's in ruby and sapphire the gentleman near lilycove)
    Sabrina -psychic
    Luke (Falkner's father) - flying
    Janine -poison
    Blaine - fire
    Agatha - ghost
    E4:
    Will - psychic
    Jasmine - steel
    Bruno - fighting
    Lance - dragon
    ??? - mixed
    *hint: ??? is a hero from a past game the last champion of the Indigo/Johto league

parts of games done:
    pallet town - done
    route 1 - done
    viridian city - mostly done
    route 2 - done
    pewter city - doing now (scripting)
    route 3 - done
    mt moon - doing now, (mapping + scripting)
    -Beta 1 release-

if anyone can help in anyway that would be great,
    so just pm me if you want to help
    at the moment I'm looking for:
    spriter
    scripter

please leave constructive comments.
    thank you.

Last edited:

FinalEclipse

Learning to be a Tile Artist
    Years
  • if you want ill be BOTH your scripter and spriter

this is an example script

#org 0x800000
    lock
    faceplayer
    message $Getaway
    $Getaway 1 = Who are you?\pI'm ???.\Keep away from me.
    boxset 6
    release
    end

sorry this script is screwed up
    It was my first try at scripting
    and it was like 6 months ago

Last edited:

trivium

pokemon trainer
    Years
  • if anyone would comment on this hack that would be great, or if anyone's got any suggestions.

also i have and idea, instead of going to the sevii islands which is kinda predictable, how about going to poketopia, and haveing a evil team try to take over that?

reply on opinions on that

Last edited:

Nalesnik

My mom thinks I'm cool
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2008
    mmm, I think i know why u didn't get a lot of replies, basially this hack (and don't take this the wrong way, I'm just trying to be helpful) sounds uninteresting. The features that u mentioned are all pretty basic stuff: new rival, new evil team, new gym leaders, jhoto/hoenn pokemon etc. These kinds of features are almost pretty much automatically expected to be in a hack. Your hack offers nothing unique or interesting. My advice is try to think of some really good features, something that no other hack has. Put in somehting that will make it stand out of the crowd. Once again, I'm not trying to bash ur hack, I'm just trying to offer some construcive criticism to make it better. Good luck.

eidt: oh, and post some screenis, everybody loves screenies. :D

trivium

pokemon trainer
    Years
  • ok, yeah i'm back with this, but i am sorry to say that we have to restart because of a bad rom, (in future I'm gonna check if the rom has the whole game... lol) so as soon as we're into a good way through the game I will post screenies!!

Back