• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Granite

Status
Not open for further replies.

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
    .:: Hack Name ::.
    Pokemon Granite

.:: Hack of ::.
    Pokemon Gold

.:: Introduction ::.
    Helo tis me ScytheXP,I would like to introduce myself as well as my hack. My hack is only complete up to Azelea town and thats about as far as I got thus far. The hack is a prequil to the G/S/C series that also takes place in Johto

.:: Story ::.
    You are a starting trainer from newbark town 3 years befor Hiro and Kamon. Granite(You but renamable) sets out with a starter (Espeon,Umbreon or Hitmontop but subject to change)and tries to defeat all the gyms,demolish the pokemon league and completely obliderate Team Enigma.

.:: Features ::.
    New Pokemon(Most Likely)
    All Pokemon Obtainable(If I dont include the new pokemon)(Theres a few unobtainables now)
    Some 4th Gen pokemon!
    New Maps
    Some new items.
    No reaccuring Pokes(Trainers rarely use the same pokes)
    New Gymleaders(Yea Pretty Confirmed)(Flakners grandfather/realative of the johto gymleaders)
    Cienon Region(Unconfirmed but hopefully a small area of my new region)

.:: Team (optional) ::.
    Mapper: me
    Scripter: dyingdemon2/me
    all sprites/conceptart/story: also me
    Additional Help:Blazichu (hes not an official team member,more of an associate/assitant and a good one at that....gives good advice and tutorials.) ^.^

.:: Screenshots ::.

New newbark town
    Pokemon Granite

Main Character in namechoice screen
    Pokemon Granite

New Azelea Town(Outside the new Pokemart/center double building)
    Pokemon Granite

Old man in violet city that lets you know its the beta(hes stuck in a tree since i edited the map more and the beta is now longer)
    Pokemon Granite

Newcherry Fields 1
    Pokemon Granite

Newcherry fields 2
    Pokemon Granite

Newcherry fields (Sign text)
    Pokemon Granite

Cherrygrove forest(sign text)
    Pokemon Granite

Credits:
    Me For all of the work so far (Maps,text,sprites,etc.)
    Blazichu for help with my tools and for tutorials.
    Skeetendo,Inc. For working munchlax sprites

Early Beta Release:
    NOTES: READ THE READ ME FILE(IMPORTANT) Also note that its shorter than intended as I have to attend summer school because I dont know how to not flirt with chicks in math class >.< I will be improving upon it.

Last edited:

dirk123

Organization XIII
    Years
    It looks good for a Gold Hack thus far ;)

Maybe you should add a 3th Starter which has a strenght and a weakness with the other two?

Umbreon > Espeon > Fighting Pokemon (Maybe Hitmontop) > Umbreon

Maybe also give Umbreon a few good attacks since he has almost none that are good.... Maybe Bite and/or Crunch??

I can't wait till the first Beta ^_^

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
    I actually thought about adding one of the hitmons into the mix Im not real sure on that part so far. Ive been up the past week almost making the few maps I made. I feel as though Violet city isnt custom enough so I threw it out like five minutes ago and started over so It is going to be different. Im trying to get the first beta done before the 19th which is the suspected releas on my forums but Im not going to rush because then itll get sloppy so there may be change in beta release date but if things go as planned the 19th is when Ill release a Beta.

EDIT:UM Im going to use your idea if thats ok ^.^
    Being as I threw the 3rd pokeball event out I thought it would be hard to add hitmontop back pfft its done ^.^ theres now 3 starters.

Last edited:

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
    looks decent, but the 4th screeny has too much grass in my opinion...gets repetive.
    Anyway, good luck, and I look forward to finding out how you tie it's storyline in with the storyline of Gold.
    one question though: if it only takes place 3 years earlier...why is falkner's GRANDfather the gym leader and not his father?

Last edited:

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
    Years
    It seems promising, keep up the good work!

May I suggest a change in the starters, how about instead of Umbreon and Espeon, you have Eevee, so it can evolve, and you can get one of his evolutions (Flareon, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Espeon, Umbreon), and instead of Hitmontop, why not Tyroge? So it can evolve and you can get one of his evolutions (Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Hitmontop)?

Other than that, the maps look good to me, and so does other things, I like the storyline!

Its also good to see another GSC hack and not a FRLGRSE hack :P Keep up the good work!

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
    Its also good to see another GSC hack and not a FRLGRSE hack :P Keep up the good work!
    I live by the simple rule that graphics are not everything, sure they help but the structure to any game isnt the graphics but the storyline and how fun it is not to mention originality and having a piece of the author in it. Graphics are nothing without a good story and a good plot if it were just graphics youd have a picture. You need the story and build around it using your graphics.

Thanks for all the support and I am actually changing alot of the maps so some of the screenies may be inaccurate ^.^ Ill post more later, Um Ive thought about having a few 4th gens like weavile,munchlax,bonsly,and gliscor but as for them I didnt plan to put any 4th gens in there(Those evolve from/into second gens)
    As for the first gen evos I dont care to much for them besides electivire. Also I dont want this to be just another game I want this to be a project of originality.Anyway Ill update screenies in a little while.

Starters Update: With some thought after I get munchlax Fixed Ill probably have him as well as Bonsly and Mime Jr. as the 3 starters instead. These graphics are killing me >.< Its not hard just annoying ^.^ well until later then

New Screenies:

Munchlax Pokedex Entry(Yea its glitched and Im working on it)
    Pokemon Granite

Pokemon Battle (Glitched Munchlax vs Glitched Munchlax)
    Pokemon Granite

Last edited:

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
    Thanks Ill try them I may end up editing the color to G/S/C snorlax colors or may keep that and have other colors as shinies Ill try it and hopefully itll work ^.^

Back Sprite is fine....NVM got it I changed the front sprite to the same dimensions 48x48 like the backsprite and now munchlax is in my hack w00t and ty for the help.

Working Munchlax battle Lvl.25 vs lvl.6(Yeah Im cheating...infinate rare candies lol)
    Pokemon Granite

Shiny Munchlax
    Pokemon Granite

Um wanted to let you know I added a few new items like Shadow Band and Red Beanie (I had to add a beanie ^.^) Shadow band increases dark types and Red beanie increases Fire types. I also am editing the shops. Um theres also going to be a clothing department in both the BIG dept. stores. ^.^ I like it when people keep me updated so Im going to Keep everyone else updated as well

Last edited:

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
    That's awesome, 4th generation Pokemon in a 2nd generation game. I also love the "story first" approach. I'll definitely be watching this one. ;)

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
    Im good with words yes but so are many others its not what we say but what we do. Um the trainer in my sig Is also in the game except a devamped version ^.^ either champ or 8th gym havent decided yet. Um Im getting my scripter to look over what Ive done thus far and hes going to add custom events in. As for the 4th gen the confirmed list of who will be in is,Also in my opinion there are a few pokemon that are currently in D/P that SHOULD have been in the 2nd gen and they are ones Im adding (With the exception of Lucario(Unconfirmed add)):

4th gen:
    Munchlax(Already In)
    Mime Jr.(Already In)
    Weavile(Devamping in progress)
    Gliscor(OMG so many colors to devamp but in progress)
    Bonsly(Already In)
    Amblipom(Already In)
    I thought about Lucario and riolu but thats a 50/50 thing atm.

Thats all for the time but Ill take more screenies and get them to you.Also in with my story first approach. Im treating it as I would my artwork. The rom is the canvas and the story the outline the graphics are the added coloring. You cant have a good piece of art without a base material and outline but you can have one with no color ^.^ So thats a reason behind my approach,This is a work of art different but the same as well.

The devamped trainer in my sig is the new rival, I have a screenie that I need to upload (I usually get 2-8 before uploading) and then Ill show them to ya. Also wanted to mention a new black haired emo looking prof oak. In his younger days could he have had Game? Maybe he will re appear as a trainer/gym leader/elite 4 member....the world may never know or at least not until Im done. ^.^

Screenies woot:
    Rivals ow facing right and Trainer sprite in first battle
    Pokemon Granite
    Pokemon Granite

The Younger Oak
    Pokemon Granite

Incase you ask NO I havent edited the heros back sprite yet, I have the back sprite Im just trying to figure out how to get it in the hack ^.^ well until more screenies are taken Im done.

Beta Info:
    Next tuesday I should have the beta. If not Ill post letting you know that I wont have it until a later date. The Beta will go to Goldenrod and thats as farr as Im going to take it to start. This is for several reasons. Events mainly Im trying to get them all right so I wont have to retrace to many steps later. Id like you to know that there is a new area(Under development in game) in goldenrod. Also no bike shop
    =( Dont worry you can still get the bike ^.^ just not in the goldenrod area as in G/S/C. Im working on team Enigma events mainly and Um GYMS for the first 3 towns,Ive changed one (have yet to upload the new leaders) And I also need to change their pokes.....Its not to much but its hardly just a little bit. Also I need to edit my webpage so where as things have gone extremely fast HERE since I made the thread they may go a tad bit slower until the and after the release of the Beta for a short period of time. Also b/c I have a short tention span I have to go to summer school to get promoted to the 11th grade(Flirted to much in math lol) just wanted to let you know ^.^

Ok some 2nd gens wont be in the game after all and more 1st gens will be. If you wont Ill post a list of pokes that wont be catchable/obtanable in my hack.

Untouchables: (also confirming their appearance in game)

Mr.Mime
    Jynx
    Scyther
    Pikachu/Raichu
    Snorlax
    Oddish/Gloom/Vileplume
    Slowpoke/Slowbro
    Onix
    Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan
    Chansey
    Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff
    Clefairy/Clefable
    Electabuzz
    Magmar
    Evee/Vaporeon/Jolteon/Flareon
    Porygon
    (Because they are part of a 2nd gen or New pkmns evo)

Last edited:
    Years
    Wow this looks so good, such a good, orginal story line and the D/p pokemon idea for G/S is great. Had an idea about showing the rival between Prof Oak and Agatha (she is the ghost E4 trainer) in Pokemon Granite.

And a quick question, will the Beta have the d/p starters (muchlax,bonsly, mime jnr) thanks

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
    And a quick question, will the Beta have the d/p starters (muchlax,bonsly, mime jnr) thanks

Munchlax Maybe, But not sure about the others (Im getting sprites ready asap) Mostly because the evolution parts a little messed up. Also in the beta Munchlax may be un cappable of evolution and only know metronome. Im aware of this simple problem though and Im working on It. But If I get everything done yea they will be in it but so far only munchlax will appear and not as a starter.

Also because you brought it to my attention and I realize you want them in it I shall work hard to add them before the beta release. I did a little work on the title screen. It still has Ho-oh but no longer says gold (I hate hex editing) but I guess Im going to be working on that to. Also the Oak Agatha things a good idea, I may use it or may have used it ;)

Last edited:

Goatman56

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    I'll admit I do like the idea of 4th gen with 1st and 2nd, but that devamp of Munchlax is just horrible. It doesn't go with the overall style of the game.

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
    ok peoples heres a not so big update and not hard to do on my part but wont appear until the 2nd beta. A fiew may appear in the first but most of the 1st gen sprites that are going to still be in will be sprites from red/blue and yellow versions. IMO yellow had the best sprites so far as far as poses. Also about the munchlax there is nothing wrong with it but I still may change it being as this is not the final product it may change.

Let me be the first to say this because Im sure someone else will um Ambipoms main graphic sucks! as does Bonslys all you need to do to bonslys is add an extra pixel but man redo ambipom.

Ok Im redoing ambipoms fronsprtie(BS LOOKS GOOD FOR ALL OF THEM)
    Im also going to edit that single pixel on bonsly. Mime jr. looks funny all the way around but is decent and munchlax(mine the one that glitched in the screenies) looks the best out of them all.

Also where as the beta could be delayed theres the possibility I release it tomorrow if I get done (Wont be here sunday) But if I get done with it tomorrow Ill post it up if not tuesday.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    I don't know if you want any suggestions for the starters, but you might wanna let it be pokemon that evolve, or maybe ones that you get to choose which it eveolves to. Like Eevee, Tyrogue, and... well there's gotta be another pokemon like that, right? Maybe something that you can use different stones on like Oddish or Poliwag.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back