• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Pokemon Green in a Nutshell

SparkLord

sah dude
Years
  • Pokémon Green in a nutshell: a wild P!KACHU appeared! Go! VENASAUR! wild P!KACHU used 825-6236-5! VENASAUR fainted! Then the game crashed and then the message "666" appeared.
    Pokemon Green in a Nutshell

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • As someone that has a copy of the original Green, I can confirm. This is how the game works.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I have no idea what I just read... but this seems about right.

I've only played the English bootleg of Green, which was poorly handled in the translation department. Remember how they cut all the names off? Fun times.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I got mine super easily on eBay for like $10 :p
    It only took a month to arrive at my door but yeah. Game sold millions of copies in Japan, shouldn't be too difficult to find one.
    I meant physically buying one from a second-hand store or market. I haven't seen one in my entire life.

But maybe I should just explore online shopping, yeah. I think I might actually try and obtain a complete collection of Pokémon games.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I myself would be far more interested in the Japanese Blue than Green. Green has the same encounter tables as the American Blue version, but the Japanese Blue has encounter tables that have never been seen outside of Japan, such as wild Jynx in Seafoam Islands(Since Red had Electabuzz and Green had Magmar). The international Red and Blue versions use the Red and Green encounter tables/in-game trades while using Blue's Graphics and Cerulean Cave layout.

Also the Japanese versions of the 1st gen games did not have colored cartridges or anything like that. The Japanese 1st gen games used the standard grey cartridges(And as another note Gold and Silver used the black cartridges Color games had). Crystal was the first Pokemon game in Japan to use a colored cartridge.

Last edited:
    Back