• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Grey Skies

Status
Not open for further replies.

geno421

Script and Spriter
Years
  • [Website]

Pokemon Grey Skies

Pokemon Grey Skies

Help wanted.
    Color codes:
    Needed Badly
    Needed
    Not needed right away
    Found

Looking for the following:
    Beta Testers
    Scripter / Advanced scripter (or at least someone willing to guide me and help if needed since I am new to scripting)
    Tileset Maker / Editor (Right now some tilesets just need to be edited slightly... I put maker in there just in case someone is willing to make some for me :) )

PM me what job you are looking for and some proof you know what you're doing. ;)
    Pokemon Grey Skies

Spoiler:

Pokemon Grey Skies

Spoiler:

Pokemon Grey Skies

Spoiler:

Pokemon Grey Skies

Spoiler:

Pokemon Grey Skies

Spoiler:

Pokemon Grey Skies

Spoiler:

Support Images:

Pokemon Grey Skies

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    good story lines the reason for them lines are because they are the lines that goes ontop of the door to make it look better that window must be placed ontop of a door to look good or re make the tile.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    U need to work on ur maps.
    For one there r tile errors all over the place.
    Second, It's too square.
    Plz work on them.

geno421

Script and Spriter
    Years
  • Yeah I have been working on the scripting more than anything.
    Scripting alot of things first is my priority. So I haven't really put too much effort into learning the mapping yet.

If anyone would want to PM me some info on what to look for tile error wise and the basics of mapping I'd be thankful. :)

Anyways I posted two new images. I edited Pallet Town I little bit and added Route 1.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2009
    I'm liking your storyline, it's different.
    Your maps look too forced though, in the way they're all placed one by one by one, which gets REALLY boring.
    Good luck.

geno421

Script and Spriter
    Years
  • Hehe. So my maps are pretty plain and I knew that. I wanted to revamp them more towards the end and get a basic feel as to how they would be layed out.
    From all the posts though I realize I need to focus on the current mapping as much as I am my scripting.

So I am asking for a tid bit of help. Anyone who could give me some pointers and such please PM me. :)
    I will gladly put my thanks into the thread for helping me.

geno421

Script and Spriter
    Years
  • Sprites!

Well.....until the new release of AdvanceMap comes out I cannot go any further due to errors when making my maps and making events (aka testing scripts becomes hard).

So I guess I'll attempt to make some overworld sprites and see what you all think....haven't done sprites in a while so they make be absolute crap lol.

(assuming it's ok to double post since it's been a couple days)

Edit:
    I think I found myself a nice spriting style. Tell me what you all think. :)
    These are sprites I made from some Sugimori Art. :D

geno421

Script and Spriter
    Years
  • I really like your Sugimori sprites! Dunno why i never though of doing that! Anyone, the reason his maps are plain is because it's a LESS DEVELOPED KANTO, to anyone that reads this. I like it! :D

Thanks for the compliments. :)
    I'm really proud of those sprites actually. Was surprised how they came out.

Oh and I understand where they are coming from saying it's too plain. It needs to be less square. I've been looking up some tutorials on mapping and I know how to revamp the maps to look really good. :)

I just need to wait for the release of the fix for AdvanceMap.

geno421

Script and Spriter
    Years
  • Ok so I have a question...

Would everyone like to see all of the sprites ingame as Sugimori art or would you all rather me do a random mix with maybe a few customs thrown in? (not really confident in my custom spriting yet but with this many to do maybe I will get decent with customs)

Edit:

Added a couple more sprites Sugimori style. :)
    Will add the Charizard sprite when finished with it.

Last edited:

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
  • Ok so I have a question...

Would everyone like to see all of the sprites ingame as Sugimori art or would you all rather me do a random mix with maybe a few customs thrown in? (not really confident in my custom spriting yet but with this many to do maybe I will get decent with customs)

Edit:

Added a couple more sprites Sugimori style. :)
    Will add the Charizard sprite when finished with it.

this hack has a very good story line, but your sprites are not all that good, after looking closely they appear to be simply resized, work on that. but other than that it is a very good looking hack

geno421

Script and Spriter
    Years
  • this hack has a very good story line, but your sprites are not all that good, after looking closely they appear to be simply resized, work on that. but other than that it is a very good looking hack

I kind of took offense to that considering I worked really hard on them.
    Let me show you a comparison of my Charizard and a resize of Sugimori's.

Pokemon Grey Skies

I made my sprites much darker and it actually looks like my outline is a tad off.
    It took me about an hour per sprite. So these are not simply resizes. I remade them from scratch with the resize next to it as a guide. :\

Anyways thanks for the criticism none-the-less and thanks for the compliments as well. :)

Edit:

Oh and I decided to not wait for the new fix for AdvanceMap and am using version 1.82 for now. I am redoing the current maps I have put up to make them look more natural. I have quite a few of the maps done for the whole region. Not going to post them all up though.
    Will post more up gradually over time. First though, I need to edit the one's currently shown. :)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back