• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon GS Advanced RM2K

How much do you like how this game is looking so far?

• Very Good

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Good

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • So-So

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very Bad

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters

rubyrulez

Back in Action...again...
Years
  • phoenix316 said:
    how about a better berry system from ru/sa.

I like that Idea! How about the trees produce more berries and take less time to grow, for starters, and rain will affect how many berries all trees produce (and not just the one, whose name I can't remember), and snow will affect tree growing time as well! It will take some time to learn to code all of that, but it should be well worth it!

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • yeah that sounds cool. it seems pretty much standard that fangames have a weather system in them so you might as well get as much use out of them as possible.

rubyrulez

Years
  • Yeah, thing is I need to code all of that. I have already got a working time system, but can't code it so that time passes when the game isn't being played. I need a way to set up a random weather system so that rain, snow, fog, etc. will happen at any given time and not at a set time each game day. I also need to set it up so that you can set the time and date at the beggining of the game. It will take a lot of work, but as I said is well worth it!

Years
  • If anybody has any ideas for some extra features for this game, I am all ears! By the way, i'd like to wish everybody a happy and healthy 4th of July!
    4th of july was yesterday.. It is impossible to do anything while the person is not playing the game (sorry) because the program needs to be running..

rubyrulez

Years
  • I live in the United States, its the 4th of July over here! And what I mean is if anybody can think of anything they would like to see in this game, I would be happy to put those ideas in.

rubyrulez

Years
  • phoenix316 said:
    safari zone. it's gotta have the safari zone! how many people were p*ssed off at nintendo for not including it in g/s/c?

Of course! I could never forget the safari zone! Thanks for bringing that up. I'm going to make the safari zone much bigger and much better, with unlimited steps and more safari balls! Thanks for the idea!

Edit: I am also deciding on including Hoenn as well as a 4th mini region with a few new Pokemon said to appear in my first original RM2k/3 Pokemon game! It will take a while, but it should make this a good game! :D

Last edited:

rubyrulez

Years
  • By the way, just coded a successful time and date set for the game. At the beggining, you set the time and month. Date is set to the 1st of the month automatically and year is set to 2004 automatically. Still trying to work the bugs out of the random weather system!

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Is the 4th region a place where you get to do gym battles or just a side quest
    with mini games and stuff?

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • that would probably make more sense than just having less badges. i guess the 4th region could be like the mirage island where only certai types of pokemon can be found there.

rubyrulez

Years
  • Just think Orange Islands, only connected. The 4th region has 4 gyms and a final champion. If you defeat this final champion, you will get an extra rare item!

rubyrulez

Years
  • That extra rare item will be useful in the fnal challenge! After the 4th region, you get to go to champion island, ecerybody there has defeated at least one Pokemon League (in the game, Prof. Elm has forgotten all about it), and you have to battle a lot of trainers before the final, final battle which I will keep a secret until you play the final version (she's familiar to anybody who played Pokemon games and watched the show)

rubyrulez

Years
  • Yeah! I'm gonna continue adding more events and maps. By the way, I've added Oak's Intro! I'll post some screenies later!

Back