• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon GS is Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Hi guys, I have once again returned. A little older, a little wiser, and with a better comprehension of Rpg Maker XP and RGSS.

I am proud to announcem the return of:

The New, and Imroved, The Ultimate
    Pokemon
    GS
    A Mooshykris Entertainment Game

The Game's Site: https://www.mooshykris.110mb.com
    Please don't hesitate to sign up.

---------------------
    Table of Contents
    ---------------------

Part I: Project Overview
    Part II: Features
    Part III: Story
    Part IV: Characters
    Part V: Screenshots
    Part VI: Soundtrack
    Part VII: Credits
    Part VIII: Banners and Other

++++++
    +Part I+
    ++++++++++++++++
    Project Overview and History
    ++++++++++++++++

Pokemon GS, as the name says, is a Pokemon Fangame.

But just what IS Pokemon GS?

In early 2005, I began making fangames. Among them were two games called Pokemon Garnet/Turquoise Version and Pokemon Golden Sky/Silver Sea Version.

Pokemon Garnet/Turquoise Version, Pokemon Garnet for short, was a fangame that took place 5 years before Firered/Leafgreen. This game took place in the brand new region of Pavvailion. It also had 150 new Pokemon + the 386 others.

Pokemon Golden Sky/Silver Sea Version were going to be remakes of Gold/Silver Version.

After many months of no help and few(er) supporters, I quit on both Projects. I left Pokecommunity in September of 2005, 8 months after starting. I would not return until March of 2006.

During the time I was gone; I stopped working on GoldenSky/SilverSea and dropped Garnet entirely. I had no inspiration left, until... Suddenly, I had a vision. A vision about a game combining both Gold, Silver, and Crystal into not just a remake, but an entirely new game. I called this game Pokemon GS.

In July of 2006, I re-opened the project. Pokemon GS thrived for a while. I thought that it would really succeed, but those days were short-lived. Soon the project fell into massive chaos and it was also becoming extremely hard to complete on my own. On August 29, 2006, Pokemon GS was cancelled, and I left Pokecommunity. And as it seemed, this time, it was for good.

Only the support of a special friend, did I bring myself back to returning to Pokemon GS. 4 later, I re-opened my project. This time, nothing will stop me from completing this project. My eyes were opened to the fact that GS still had hope.

Another thing changed. Pokemon GS, once a simple Gold/Silver remake, has evolved into an unforgettable game. This game now includes 3 regions: Johto, Kanto, and Sevii, has a Pokedex of at least 251, and has a storyline that will impress all who see it.

In early November, however, Pokemon GS still was not getting very far. I needed more experience in the field, so I decided to stop work on it. For the next three months, I studied RGSS and RPG Maker XP istelf on the sites Creation Asylum and RMXP.org. Now, with new scripting comprehension and a revitilized spirit, Pokemon GS is back!

++++++
    +Part II+
    +++++++++
    Features
    +++++++++

Pokemon GS' features are as follows:

1. Choice of Male or Female characters.
    2. Overworld Sprites will be updated to FR/LG standards. Battle Sprites for Pokemon will be updated to D/P standards!
    3. 251 Available Pokemon
    4. GS Exclusive Sevii League
    5. Updated Gym and Elite Four rosters.
    6. Fully functional Time/Weather system
    7. Updated Pokegear with new features
    8. New Moves for Legendary Pokemon
    9. Over 100 TMs and at least 9 HMs
    10. A whole new perspective of the Pokemon World
    11. The Ultimate Soundtrack conaining over 80 Battle Themes!

+++++++
    +Part III+
    ++++++++++
    Story
    ++++++++++

Three Years Ago, Pokemon Trainers Red and Blue set off on separate journeys to become Pokemon Masters. To become Pokemon Masters, Red and Blue had to defeat Gym Leaders and obtain their Badges. Red and Blue fought their way through 8 gyms, eventually, reaching Indigo Plateau Itself.

The two trainers were challenged by the Elite Four, a select group trainers who govern the Pokemon League. Both Red and Blue defeated the Elite Four without problem. In the end, both Pokemon Trainers had to face eachother in one last battle for the title of master. Red triumphed over Blue, who soon after departed for the Sevii Islands to train.

Shortly after, Kanto is thrown into chaos by an evil organization by the name of Team Rocket. Red, now a Pokemon Master, bravely took the challenge of stopping this fierce enemy. Ultimately, Red defeated Team Rocket and its leader, Giovanni. After being defeated, Giovanni disappeared without a trace. He was never seen or heard from again.

After Kanto was freed from Team Rocket, Red settled down in his hometown of Pallet, until... One day, Red suddenly left, leaving a note saying that he'd left to train. No one know when or where Red went.

Three Years Later, in the small Johto town of New Bark, there is a young trainer named Yoshi. Yoshi is asked to retrieve a rare egg from Mr. Pokemon on Route 30 Prof. Elm, the local Pokemon authority.

Prof. Elm gives Yoshi one of three Pokemon he was researching to accompany him to Mr. Pokemon's house. Yoshi quickly made his way to Route 30 where the egg awaits him.

At Mr. Pokemon's, Yoshi meets Prof. Oak, who offers to give him a prototype of his new Pokedex. Yoshi gratefully accepts. The young trainer then retrieves the egg and start for home. Suddenly, your Pokegear alerts him that he has an urgent message. The message was from Professor Elm. One of his Pokemon has been stolen!

Yoshi is towards New Bark when a shady figure jumps from the shadows. He identifies himself as Kamon and attacks. Yoshi easily defeats Kamon, who is enraged. He and his Pokemon advance on Yoshi, who notices that Kamon's Pokemon is the one stolen from Professor Elm.

Yoshi braced himself, expecting a grim fate... Then, out of nowhere, a young girl appears. The girl commands her Pokemon, who Yoshi recognizes as Elm's third Pokemon, to stop Kamon and his Pokemon.

Kamon quickly flees, the girl in close pursuit. "Hurry back to Proffessor Elm's Lab!" she calls toward Yoshi before disappearing into the woods.

Upon returning to Elm's Lab, Yoshi tells of his encounter with Kamon and the mysterious girl. Elm identifies Elm as Dani, a young girl who just moved to New Bark. She was taking a walk when she saw the police pull up to the lab. Dani offered to use the third Pokemon to pursue the thief.

As the Police leave, Dani returns with no results. Elm was about to thank Dani for her assistance, when the police burst back into the room with urgent news. Violet City was attacked by a group of shady characters. They raided the Pokemart and Pokemon Center. As quick they appeared, the group vanished, leaving no evidence except a small paper that read "Beware of Neo Rocket"

Elm is worried that it may be an attempt to revive Team Rocket. He thinks for a minute then turns to Yoshi and Dani. "Go to Violet City," he said. Yoshi and Dani set off on a journey that will change their lives, as well as the Pokemon World itself.

+++++++
    +Part IV+
    ++++++++++
    Characters
    ++++++++++

Name: Yoshi Gold Himmel
    Pokemon GS is Back!

Hometown: New Bark Town
    Pokemon: Cyndaquil
    Details: Yoshi is a kind hearted trainer who will do anything to help those in need.

Name: Dani Crystal Brisa
    Pokemon GS is Back!

Hometown: Ash Village
    Pokemon: Chicorita
    Details: Dani is a young girl who recently moved from a distant land to New Bark Town.

Name: Mom
    Pokemon: None
    Details: None

Name: Professor Samuel Oak
    Hometown: Pallet Town
    Pokemon: Unknown
    Details: Prof. Oak is the Pokemon authority, he is also the creator of the Pokedex.

Name: Professor Elm
    Pokemon: Unknown
    Details: Prof. Elm is the local Pokemon researcher of New Bark Town.

Name: Kamon ???
    Pokemon GS is Back!

Hometown: Unknown
    Pokemon: Totodile
    Details: Little is known about this shady character.

Name: Eusine Northwind
    Pokemon GS is Back!

Hometown: Ecruteak City
    Pokemon: Alakasam, Hypno, Electrode
    Details: Eusine Northwind is obsessed with Suicune. He will stop at nothing to "earn its trust".

Name: Lance ???
    Pokemon GS is Back!

Hometown: Blackthorn City
    Pokemon: All Dragon Pokemon
    Details: Lane is the youngest member of the Dragon Clan of Blackthorn City. He is rumored to have some connection with the Pokemon League.

Name: Morty ???
    Pokemon GS is Back!

Hometown: Ecruteak City
    Pokemon: All Ghost Pokemon
    Details: Morty is the head Archivist and Gym Leader of Ecruteak City. His job is to protect the Burned and Tin Towers at all costs. He supposedly is connected to Eusine in some way.

Name: Red ???
    Pokemon GS is Back!

Hometown: Pallet Town
    Pokemon: Currently Unknown
    Details: Red is the legendary Pokemon League Champion, who 3 years ago brought the evil Team Rocket to its knees. After becoming Champion, he dissapeared, and hasn't been seen since.

Name: Green ???
    Pokemon GS is Back!

Hometown: Unknown
    Pokemon: Currently Unknown
    Details: Green is a mysterious Pokemon Trainer. During her journeys, she became great friends with Red. After becoming the next League Champion after Red, she was assigned to be a Silver Guardian, one who guards the legendary Mt. Silver with their life.

Name: Christopher Magnolia
    Hometown: Topaz Village
    Pokemon: Oddish, Gloom, Vileplue
    Details: Chris is a wandering trainer from the distant land of Pavvailion. Little else is known about him.

More Characters will come as they are revealed.

++++++
    +Part V+
    ++++++++++
    Screenshots
    ++++++++++

Main:

Pokemon GS is Back!

There are Arrows!

Pokemon GS is Back!

The message that appears the first time you enter a town. (Like the cool Widescreen Effect?)

Pokemon GS is Back!

Random sign.

Beyond this are complete sets of The Opening Scenes of the Game!

The Opening Sequence:

Spoiler:

Prolouge: Welcome to the World of Pokemon:

Spoiler:

Chat With Mom
    Note: In this game your character talks!​

Spoiler:

Chat With Elm
    Spoiler:

Wild Pokemon Battle Intro:

Spoiler:

+++++++
    +Part VI+
    ++++++++++
    Soundtrack
    ++++++++++

In Pokemon GS, the game's soundtrack is expanded beyond belief. There are currently over 300 themes!

The Battles:
    Containing of over 1/3 of the entire soundtrack, there will be at least 80, probably 100+ Battle Themes! Each and every Gym Leader, Elite Four Member, and so on, will have their own battle theme! Even specific trainer types have their own theme!

AKA: Girl (Lass, Beauty, Female [YES Female] Twins, ect.) Girl 2 (Misc. other Female Trainers) Boy (Youngster, Male [YES Male] Twins, ect.) Evil Trainer (Any Trainer, Male or Female, under the "evil trainer" encounter theme category) Officer (1 for Male and 1 for Female) Dragon Tamer (1 for Male and 1 for Female [YES Female]), Cooltrainer (1 for Male and 1 for Female), Sage (1 for Male and 1 for Female), Kimono Girl, Pokemaniac (Firebreather, Juggler, Pokemaniac, ect.) Rough Trainer (Mountian Climber, Ruin Maniac, ect.) Fighting (1 for Male and 1 for Female) and "Couples" (a merge between the Male and Female themes for Couples)

The Overworld:
    Each and every town, cave, and so on, will have it's own theme. Not routes though.

Encounter's and Themes:
    Every major Character in the Game will have his or her own theme.

+++++++
    +Part VII+
    ++++++++++
    Credits
    ++++++++++

Graphics:
    Pokemonelite2000-D/P Sprites
    Fangking Omega-Tilesets
    Pitcher_Ross-Trainer Sprites
    Cronis-Trainer Sprites

Music:
    Me-MIDI Editing
    Mattgn-GSC Music
    Pokemon Treasures-GSC Music
    GSCPlatinum-Eusine Battle Theme, Legendary Bird Battle Theme, Lugia/Ho-Oh Battle Theme
    VGMusic-RS Music

Scripts:
    Mr. DJ and Ccoa-Advanced Weather System
    JesseG88-Background Message System
    Andreas21 and Guillaume777-Extended Music
    Selwyn-Widescreen System
    Dargor-$Scene_Startup System
    Dubalex-Advanced Weather System

Special Thanks:
    Flameguru-Support
    Pokecommunity-Support
    Satoshi Tajiri-Creating this wonderful series

+++++++
    +Part VIII+
    ++++++++++
    Banners and Other
    ++++++++++

Pokemon GS is Back!

Pokemon GS Supporter Banner

I hope you like my game,

Mooshykris

Last edited by a moderator:

Ruyin

Skilled RMXP Mapper
    Years
    Um... This, is not how I remembered GS. Sorry, but the old version looked much better.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    The game is ok, not too bad and not too great. What you could do to improve it is making it look more like pokémon games, resizing the screen to 480x320, inserting Pokémon font and the font-shadow script. That way it would look much better than it is now.

Anyway, keep it up and welcome again

~Azura.

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2007
    I dont care what anyone else says this game loks freaking awesome lol! I hoep its actuall finneshed unlike many other good looking pokemon games with rmxp :D. Looks better then other games being made! Is there a demo cause i want to try it now!!

Last edited:
    Years
    I agree with Azura and Neo-Dragon. You should fix the resolution. You should also fix the font. One last thing: your maps appear to be large and bare. Make them a little smaller.

Anyway, looks good other than those points.

Years
    The game looks great and I agree you should use the Pokemon fonts and I will attach a copy of the Ruby and Sapphire font to this post.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Wow! I've actully got something here!

Um... This, is not how I remembered GS. Sorry, but the old version looked much better.

Um...... What is that supposed to mean? Exactly? It hasn't changed a bit...

The game is ok, not too bad and not too great. What you could do to improve it is making it look more like pokémon games, resizing the screen to 480x320, inserting Pokémon font and the font-shadow script. That way it would look much better than it is now.

Anyway, keep it up and welcome again

~Azura.

1. I deliberatly (sp?) scrapped the Pokemon Starter Kit to get rid of the resolutiong "fix". I never liked the size change. I like the 640 x 480 screen. I got to many bugs from the other one.

2. I am using Pokemon RS font in most of the screenshots. It depends on if I started from Oak or not.

I dont care what anyone else says this game loks freaking awesome lol! I hoep its actuall finneshed unlike many other good looking pokemon games with rmxp :D. Looks better then other games being made! Is there a demo cause i want to try it now!!

Thanks. Demo will come soon, I hope. I am busy moving.

Fix your resolution and your font and the game will look much better. Have you got your battle system done?

1. As I said before, I am using RS and no resolution script.

2. Not even beginning to be done.

I agree with Azura and Neo-Dragon. You should fix the resolution. You should also fix the font. One last thing: your maps appear to be large and bare. Make them a little smaller.

Anyway, looks good other than those points.

1. Read above.
    2. I'll work on that.

The game looks great and I agree you should use the Pokemon fonts and I will attach a copy of the Ruby and Sapphire font to this post.

As before, I have RS font.

Anyway, does anyone like my Extended Soundtrack Idea?

Mooshykris

D R E ™

Goku's back oh yeh!
    Years
    This game is ok I love the battle intro but whats up with the oak thing when proffeser oak if talking? But overall this game is good

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    This game looks great! GSC were my favorite games and I love when people recreate them. Any idea when the first demo will come out? Anyway the game looks great and I can't wait to play it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    This game looks great! GSC were my favorite games and I love when people recreate them. Any idea when the first demo will come out? Anyway the game looks great and I can't wait to play it.

Depends, do you need a battle system?

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Alright I'll be honest I not very experienced with any thing but hacks. So scince I'm not to fimilar with this area, what do you mean by battle system?

Does it have to have a completed battle system to be a "quality demo"?

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    Does it have to have a completed battle system to be a "quality demo"?

In my opinion yes, but just to let you know when I asked when a demo would come out I wasn't trying to rush you. Take your time and make it good.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    In my opinion yes, but just to let you know when I asked when a demo would come out I wasn't trying to rush you. Take your time and make it good.

Well, I make a "storyline" Demo, that won't actully have a battle system, 'cause a finished system will be at least in mid summer.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    Well, I make a "storyline" Demo, that won't actully have a battle system, 'cause a finished system will be at least in mid summer.

Great, so how different will the battle system be from the current nintendo system?

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Great, so how different will the battle system be from the current nintendo system?

Not much, I plan to have "real time weather" though, (aka The rain/sunlight/ect animation won't stop bewtween turns) And a few other effects.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back