• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon hack -Fakemon poll

pokemon hack with fakemon's should have ?

• original pokemon's with some fakemon's

Votes: 34 34.3%
  • only 151 all Fakemon's

Votes: 14 14.1%
  • only original pokemon ( No fakemon's)

Votes: 26 26.3%
  • 151 fakemon's and 234 original pokemon

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • 151 fakemon's with some Gen 1 ,2 3, 4 and 5 (mixed)

Votes: 20 20.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2015
    Hi members of The Pokecommunity! I am Valentin , i wanted to know people's opinion on pokemon hack's with fakemon's. Should a pokemon hack have fakemons or not. Im thinking about the fakemon's well sprited with sprites , backsprites and icons .

Poll Rules

• You may vote once.
    • Creating new accounts to vote multiple times is not allowed.

Feel free to vote.

marcc5m

what
    Years
  • It's your decision. At the end of the day you hack for fun, not fame. If someone doesn't play your hack because they don't like Fakemon, diddums to them.

Personally I prefer a mix of both Fakemon and official Pokemon.

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
    Years
  • ^
    But tbh if you add fakemon it would be better if you use only fakemon this would give a flair to the hack or so....
    But its all up to you your able to hack a rom adn your able to do what you want with it.
    Good luck :)

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I like using some Fakemon, most hacks look best when it's not just original Pokemon. However, I don't really like hacks with 100 percent new Fakemon, especially if they're, like, not very good. That sorta ruins it.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    HackDeoxys said:
    most hacks look best when it's not just original Pokemon

And why do you say that? What do fakemon do that the originals don't?

Personally, I don't prefer fakemon in hacks. I like Nintendo's Pokemon just fine, so there is no need for others.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    Personally, I'm vertical on this matter. I like fakemon in hacks, but the main issue is the fakemon themselves. They rarely pull off a good set of sprites and concepts which leads people to misjudge the whole fakemon thing. But in the few rare cases hacks do have a good set, they get easily promoted, disregarding other sectors of gameplay.

However, what I'm not happy with is blending all 5 regions into one hack, getting a portion of (the hacker's preferred) pokemon from each region and having them all together, especially the scenario of '30 legendaries'.

Also, I wouldn't hang too much from a poll if I were you. Others' opinions on such matters can be altered easily.

/2 cents.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    So long as the Fakemon look decent and are fairly balanced, I have no problem. If the Fakemon are really good however, I think it improve hack because it does at a lot of originality and gives a more new experience for the player. But if someone is debating whether or not to use Fakemon, I usually prefer it when the hacker either goes all or nothing. Either all Fakemon or none at all. I don't know what it is, but I guess my logic is that if you obviously have the resources to make decent Fakemon (assuming the Fakemon are decent or better) then why not just use it to its fullest? You may be able to get away with only making a couple fakes so that they can serve one specific purpose, like being the main legendary or something to that degree, but other than that, there's really not much reason to not use all Fakemon if you are going to use Fakemon at all. (There are, of course, a few exceptions where it makes sense)

Basically, if you have the ability to either make good Fakemon or have them made for you, then there's really no reason not to use them if you want them in your hack.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
    Years
  • Personally, I think fakemon could be good if they're sprited well and not messed up,unlike topaz,no offence to fans but the fakemon were nasty,but it doesn't really matter since if your making a hack, do it for yourself not for fans and fame,probably Light Platinum (has no fakemon but you get the idea) started the same way,for fun.

Last edited:

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    HackDeoxys said:
    Because I like Fakemon. I don't need a reason.

You can have your own opinion, that's fine. Its just that your first post made it sound like it is a FACT that having fakemon makes hacks better.

Tcoppy said:
    Personally, I think fakemon could be good if they're sprited well and not messed up,unlike topaz,no offence to fans but the fakemon were nasty,butit doesn't really matter since if your making a hack, do it for yourself not for fans and fame,probably Light Platinum (has no fakemon but you get the idea) started the same way,for fun.

Exactly. I fully agree with you, Tcoppy! :)

Years
  • And why do you say that? What do fakemon do that the originals don't?

Personally, I don't prefer fakemon in hacks. I like Nintendo's Pokemon just fine, so there is no need for others.

Neither you nor HackDeoxys justified why you're opinion is as it is. So yeah, you're both in the wrong (not both wrong, both in the wrong).

Anyway I don't think it matters. It doesn't detract from the game if they're absent (Azure Horizons), but it also doesn't add to the game if they're present (Sienna).

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2013
    I don't like hacks that stick to the originals, at least without any sort of twist. Like maybe different types, different movesets, a completely revised attack list, or psuedo-Fakemon, like the actual Pokémon, but genetically altered/fused. Since the majority of the game is battling, it's nice if the battles actually feel different.

Otherwise, unless the quality is very high, I prefer hacks that use 151 Fakemon, or even better, just replace the Hoenn stuff (since people generally prefer the first 251). Blending Fakemon with real Pokémon just highlights the Fakemon's flaws. Doing a complete Fakemon hack allows the creator to even use a unique art style.

Quartz had... iffy artwork... and spelling/grammar mistakes... and a weird plot... but it was still kinda fun, because you didn't know what to expect. There was no "ooh, an Eevee, catch!" or "Luvdisc... pass", it was just "I wonder what this thing does...".

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    In my eyes, if the Fakémon are good like Sienna's yes! Go for it.
    But, if there as bad as Topaz ... dearmotherofgawd D:no.

Years
  • To me, I think it is logical that if I am going to make a game with an entire new region, then I should either edit the movesets and/or types of standard pokemon or create some fake pokemon to highlight and reflect the unique aspects of the setting I took the time to devolp; and I would spend the extra effort on making sure the pokemon I do create reflect the time I have put in to the project as a whole. A sloppy looking fakemon can detract from a great game. Just like bad tile sets, a lackluster story etc.

In the end, it is all about the personal preference of the game player and the game maker. There are even some pokemon (mostly generation 4 and 5) that I do not like because they feel like they do not belong with the 150 I grew up with, while there are fakemon that I feel fit in well.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    Spherical Ice said:
    Neither you nor HackDeoxys justified why you're opinion is as it is.

Well I tried to...there is really not much justification that I can give for not preferring fakemon other than what I said...

Anyways, like you said, it doesn't matter.

Nintendork15 said:
    In my eyes, if the Fakémon are good like Sienna's yes! Go for it.
    But, if there as bad as Topaz ... dearmotherofgawd D:no.

Yeah...sounds good to me. :)

Years
  • I generally dislike fakemon, although I also sort of dislike the new generation (4 and 5) pokemon as well. I like to still with the old ones. They're the ones I remember from playing pokemon and watching the anime as a kid. That being said, I am not against a few fakemon to use as legendaries and the such, as long as they don't overdo it. Fakemon was just about the only thing I disliked about sienna version, although they looked amazing.

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2014
    They need to be balanced. Hacks with some Fakemon that are all overpowering is just obnoxious. Even games with all Fakemon sometimes fall into the trap of ALL the final evos/unevolving pokemon being pretty strong by normal terms (Gyarados-esque, for example), so thus they're all meh.

I do enjoy Fakemon, however. It adds that unknown factor of "ohh? What's this?" to the game again. If I see a Charmander, I have a pretty good idea what it'll be able to do and when I can get my Charizard. But with Fakemon, I'm more curious about what they are, what they're good at, and when, or if, they'll evolve.

Don't know if I really like Fake-evos. Pokemon that don't need them tend to get them. And Fake-prevos can get obnoxious, especially when they're added in bulk for no bloody reason.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back