• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Hackmanite

What do you think of the name Hackmanite? (Be honest)

• Ingenious!

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Great!

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Not bad

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Worst ever!

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

Sophidius

Need a storyline? PM me!
    Years
    Team
    Pokemon Hackmanite
    presents

Pokemon Hackmanite

Hack of:
    Pokemon Fire Red

Name Explanation
    Hackmanite is a mineral, so it has something to do with gems and metals and that sorta stuff. I also find it very funny, that, since it's a hack, the word hack is processed in the word Hackmanite. That's why it's called Hackmanite!

Features

• A Whole New Region to discover: Golitt
    • 80 + New Pokemon
    • New starters: Tuleaf, Lavalve and Minshar
    • New Hero/Heroine
    • A New Crime Syndicate: Team Terra
    • New Trainers
    • An Entirely New Story
    • 150 + Pokemon in Golitt Dex
    • 300 + Pokemon in Total Dex
    • New Aftergame Feature: The Sense Isles
    • No Elite Four. A Real PokeLeague Tournament with special Trainers from the anime (Ash, May, Brock, Gary, etc.) With healing intermezzo's after every battle for maximum effect! It kinda works like the anime leagues. Everytime you step in you move on to the next trainer.
    Story

Starting in the storage room in the basement your mother's Pokemon Center, your mother has ordered you to find medicinal herbs to cure a sick Pokemon. Just when you make one step an earthquake starts and the whole place starts to rumble. Then, the screen turns black. When you wake up again you're still in the same place, but the whole place has been crumbled down. All the medicine and other equipment have been crushed. When you take the stairs up you find yourself in a disaster: The power supply has been cut off, some of the chairs have broken and the healing platform is inoperative. Your mother, nurse Joy, says the injured Pokemon won't make it without some medicine, so she sends you to Crosstown to get some of it. And so you're off on an adventure, but going outside without Pokemon. Isn't that a little dangerous? Yes, it is and that's why Prof. Ebony stops you when you want to go outside. However, when you explain the situation he is willing to lend you one of his three Pokemon: Tuleaf, Lavalve and Minshar, so you can travel safely to Crosstown and back. After the Pokemon are cured your mother thinks you are no longer necessary in the Center and says you should go your own way and gives you a pair of Running Shoes. When you get outside you see a suspicious looking man running off north towards a cave. When you want to chase him you bounce into the professor who was just on his way back to his lab from Crosstown. He says he just saw this guy running off with three Pokeballs and he sends you to retrieve them for him. Who is this mysterious thug? What caused the earthquake? Those answers are answered when you play through the hack.

In the rest of the story you'll meet countless other Trainers, encounter many, many Pokemon, fight eight Gym Leaders, compete against famous other Trainers in the Pokemon League and solve the mystery around the mysterious earthquake and the legendary Pokemon...

Progress

||||Mapping||||1% (We almost finished the Pokemon Center in Startown)|||||
    ||||Scripting||||1% (Startown: people's speech)|||||
    ||||Graphics||||1%||||

Team

• Mapper: Me, gammaomikron and ?
    • Scripter: Me and ?
    • Spriter: Broken.Promise.
    • Storyline Developer: Me
    • Map and Script Supervisor: Me
    • Tile Editor: gammaomikron
    • Titlescreen Editor: none yet
    • Banner Man: no one
    • Overall Supervisor: Me

This Hack has been brought to you by:
    Team Igotballs

Need help with

• Titlescreen (not very important, but it looks nicer than Charizard)
    • Spriting (only a second spriter)
    • Scripting (only the hard stuff)
    • Banners (never really needed one, but I'm too lazy to make one)

If you want to help me PM us or post your apply in the thread.

Last but not least this is the space for updates

Screenshots
    none yet
    (yes, they're under way)

Sprites

Pokemon Hackmanite

Spargas
    Pokemon Hackmanite

Team Terra Boss

EDIT: I deleted some of the sprites as they were too bad. As soon as we make new sprites the new ones will be up.

Last edited:

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    i like the team terra boss' makeover.
    its archie from saphirre right?
    and im not too fussed on the name.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    I don't wanna bug you,but the pokeleague tournament is my idea.
    But good storyline.

Well it's not exactly all your idea.
    I've seen plenty of other hacks using that idea.
    Anyways it's a good storyline and I can't wait to see some screenies.

Sophidius

Need a storyline? PM me!
    Years
    Unless you're OK with getting rid of 65 pokemon, you can't add 80 new ones, only 25.

I know I can't add Pokemon without replacing some of them. That's why not all 386 canon Pokemon will live in the Golitt region. I will leave some of them out. For instance: legendaries like Mewtwo, Mew, Jirachi, Deoxys, the Regis and other Pokemon of which I find it hard to find a right catching spot. (In total there are 21 legendaries! And I have also made 8 of them, so that means I have to put in 29 legendaries!) But I'm also getting rid of annoying Pokemon, which will be opted to choose from in my next poll.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I don't wanna bug you,but the pokeleague tournament is my idea.
    But good storyline.
    I don't mean to bug you, but countless people have thought of doing that before you. Sorry, hun.

Anyways, on to the story and what not.

Same old story. No originality. The same "go chase bad guy to get first Pokémon, beat up every trainer and challenge the league." Yuck. You are gonna have to have some things that make it unique.

Sophidius

Need a storyline? PM me!
    Years
    Same old story. No originality. The same "go chase bad guy to get first Pokémon, beat up every trainer and challenge the league." Yuck. You are gonna have to have some things that make it unique.

I know and I'm already thinking of a better idea; perhaps something with a Pokemon Center as a start where your mother is a nurse Joy and your father is missing.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
    I could do a little spriting but I'm not sure about that many pokemon. I mean they could be sprited but there might not be enough room in the game.

Sophidius

Need a storyline? PM me!
    Years
    Seems okay, maybe need a bit more storyline

Yeah, maybe. I thought about maybe your mother being a nurse Joy. Actually, you start in the storage room in the basement of the center. Your mother has ordered you to get Potions to cure a sick Pokemon. Just when you move an earthquake starts and the whole place starts to rumble. Then, then the screen turns black. When you wake up again you're still in the same place, but the whole place has been torn down. The Potions have been crushed by the rocks. When you take the stairs up you find your mother terrified. She is very relieved you're still alive and expresses that in her way, but she also says her patient won't make it if there are no Potions. She sends you to Crosstown to get them. And so you're off on an adventure, but going outside without Pokemon. Isn't that a little dangerous? Yes, it is and that's why Prof. Ebony stops you when you want to go outside. However, when you explain the situation he is willing to lend you one of his Pokemon, so you can travel safely to Crosstown and back. After the Pokemon is cured your mother thinks you are no longer necessary in the Center and says you should go your own way and gives you a pair of Running Shoes. After this the adventure continues with the chase on The Rival, so Prof. Ebony's lab is not destroyed.

Is this better? At least it's a lot more original.

From now on our Team will be called Igotballs, so it's not mine anymore. We're a team and as a team we share and cooperate to create a full hack. If you'd like to join our team you could contact me.

Edit: Oops, I accidentally double posted. I hope I won't get caught

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen today
    I don't mean to bug you, but countless people have thought of doing that before you. Sorry, hun.

Anyways, on to the story and what not.

I've never see one hack with that idea.That means he can use it?Oh...ok...,but make it different from mine(Check my thread to see it)

Good luck with this,the world map is cool,and the storyline tells me something.

Years
    Satisfying

Originally Posted by ÄgàmêñÐmØÑ Pokemon Hackmanite

we (team igotballs) try to make the hack unique by using realy rare neverseen tiles.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    we (team igotballs) try to make the hack unique by using realy rare neverseen tiles.

That doesn't necessarily make a game unique. It doesn't help. In fact, most unique hacks nowadays don't use new tiles, but the original Firered or Ruby ones. To make a unique game, you need fresh scripts and maps, and pokemon, not tiles. Good luck, but if you say that "the hack is unique because we are using never seen before tiles", it won't help, but saying "the hack is unique because of a new script we are trying" will grab attention. Like I said, good luck.

Sophidius

Need a storyline? PM me!
    Years
    That doesn't necessarily make a game unique. It doesn't help. In fact, most unique hacks nowadays don't use new tiles, but the original Firered or Ruby ones. To make a unique game, you need fresh scripts and maps, and pokemon, not tiles. Good luck, but if you say that "the hack is unique because we are using never seen before tiles", it won't help, but saying "the hack is unique because of a new script we are trying" will grab attention. Like I said, good luck.

Yeah, I guess. I'll say that to my Tile Editor (he lives with me under the same roof). However, we do have some improvements in some of the tiles, making boring tiles more interesting. I'll post some screens soon.

Years
    I'm up for help with spriting if you need it :)
    I need some art to model it on, though. Also, check my pixel art thread if you want anything from there, or to see proof of my work :)

B.P.

Back