• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon hair?

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    So It just donned on me that most Pokemon should have hair. I just can't picture something like a Diglett or Zubat having hair. And what really made me wonder, was that most Pokemon lay eggs, so they must all be like the Platypus or Echidna. Thus I really can't picture most Pokemon with hair.. except for the obvious ones like Jynx.

Argenta

Soul
    Years
    i always felt like this is a hair too

Pokemon hair?

Empathy

Rawr.
    Years
    Well, to be honest I have never even thought about this before. I always think of some pokemon's forms of fur or hair as what type they are;

Bird: Feathers.
    Dog/Cat: Fur.
    Bats: The little hairs that might pop out - hair.
    Bugs: Never seen one with fur.

etc.

And no, I couldn't picture some pokemon having hair either, maybe because everyone here is so used to playing the games and used to the originals.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Loool yeah I agree on the Pidgeot line XD

[...]
    Bugs: Never seen one with fur.
    [...]

Also on the bugs that have no fur: see Volcarona, it's covered in it lol. And let's not forget Jynx. UHH sorry I didn't see that you mentioned her already in the OP haha, anyways this picture is still awesome so it's staying.

Pokemon hair?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    Yeah, Jynx is definitely one with hair. And that is an awesome pic.
    But are pokemon supposed to be soft? Like, what would a diglett feel like, versus a poochyena or something. I just can't picture it.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Diglett... I like to think it's a mole or something. Or a furry stump. I mean I can't imagine it with like a leathery body. Not exactly soft because it hangs out in the dirt, but not calloused.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2012
    Diglett... I like to think it's a mole or something. Or a furry stump. I mean I can't imagine it with like a leathery body. Not exactly soft because it hangs out in the dirt, but not calloused.
    Probably a body that feels like metal but isn't?
    Speaking of which that would be weird to touch a metallic body that breathes.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I don't think Pokemon are supposed to have hair (and by hair I mean hair like humans!). Though I believe they have the same characteristics with animals, thus having furs, feathers, scales, and the likes. That's probably the closest thing you'll get to "hair".

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    But isn't digglet supposed to be some sort of worm? So it would be squishy-ish of sorts?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    This is an interesting point you make here. I know in Johto there were a few brothers who would offer to give your Pokemon a haircut in exchange for money. I can't see Pokemon having hair, but it makes sense. Think of it like a dog or cat: it's not exactly hair, but you can get it cut. Some Pokemon like Ratatta or Growlithe would be capable of receiving such a haircut.

Drimza

Open up your senses.
    Years
    I just can't picture something like a Diglett or Zubat having hair.

Pokemon hair?

How's that for a picture lol. This took awhile to make, but at least now we know what a Diglett with hair would look like.......maybe xD

arbok

cobra pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Pokemon hair?

Here's one I don't get. It's like...hair...with teeth.
    Mawlie is based on a myth in Japan when women who are starved grow a mouth in the back of their head to help eat more. It later changed into stories of pretty women who eat men with their hair.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Pokemon hair?

Here's one I don't get. It's like...hair...with teeth.
    Not quite.

Emerald PokéDex Entry:
    "Its giant jaws are actually steel horns that transformed. It fools foes into complacency with its adorable gestures, then chomps them with its huge jaws."

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Mawile's skin is made of steel. Which sounds weird.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2020
    Pokemon hair?

How's that for a picture lol. This took awhile to make, but at least now we know what a Diglett with hair would look like.......maybe xD
    You are my hero! Lol I want all the little digletts to look like this!

Back