• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON Hall Of Fame Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokePlatinum

Pokemon means Mountain Dew
Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2012
    Hey Moose, are you still going to be using some of my recolors?

๒inaryקlastic

Trika, Drape, Galsay...
    Years
  • Username: Toxic_Moonlight
    Sex: Male
    Desired Position: Spriter
    Previous Experience: None but I am a spriter and own my own sprite comic and can make sprite animations.
    Email address: [email protected]
    Instant Messenger ID: I don't have a AIM but you can use my MSN address which is above ;)

Describe Yourself: I am happy and bubbly all the time and very intelligent. I like spriting and making pretty things like making stuff on my graphics programme. I like RPing and doing things for friends. I can make good banners so I can make you current supporter banners even better ;) I'm not very good at scratches but I can recolor and edit sprites :D

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • Username: Toxic_Moonlight
    Sex: Male
    Desired Position: Spriter
    Previous Experience: None but I am a spriter and own my own sprite comic and can make sprite animations.
    Email address: [email protected]
    Instant Messenger ID: I don't have a AIM but you can use my MSN address which is above ;)

Describe Yourself: I am happy and bubbly all the time and very intelligent. I like spriting and making pretty things like making stuff on my graphics programme. I like RPing and doing things for friends. I can make good banners so I can make you current supporter banners even better ;) I'm not very good at scratches but I can recolor and edit sprites :D

Accepted, but please show me some work of yours for what you've done with sprites(they might be related to Pokemon or not). We'll add you to the teammates list after we see and evaluate your graphics. Have a good day!

Lmayonaise

constant pain in the ..
    Years
  • Moose, you seem to ride the high and mighty wagon so I'm going to give you a bit of feedback on your game.

Firstly, nothing draws me into wanting to play the game. The look, the sound and the idea behind it is something that is very common and I would not waste any time in trying it out. The graphics are dated, hell, Olga isn't even a sprite, it's a resized animé image. The concept of just reliving the anime series or whatever the hell it is, does not intrigue me. It doesn't dare to go beyond boundaries and the entire presentation just proves that there is no creative direction coming from the team. So think twice if you troll around in Acanthite's thread and whatever else because they aim to do the opposite of your project.

Being good.

Sorry, I had to say it. I can't tell lies.

Lmayonaise

constant pain in the ..
    Years
  • Every game should be open for critique. I'm providing my point of view on this project. It's what happens when you offer your work.

Years
  • looks great, i'm downloading now! ^^
    I've always wanted to play an orange islands game...
    though i know its not completely orange islands lol.

Atomic Reactor

Well, thanks. All of the fans in this thread feel better now.
    Could you pick your fight somewhere else? I don't think this has anything to do with the rest of us.

He's not picking a fight with anybody -_-
    He's giving real criticism to this project.
    Which btw, i agree with 100%

Necrono

perfect day.
    Years
  • "RGSS102E.dll could not be found".

I always get this error when trying to launch/run the game. Any help on this?

NatureKeeper

Why couldn't you add Crystal Onix as a tottaly other Pokemon?

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • "RGSS102E.dll could not be found".

I always get this error when trying to launch/run the game. Any help on this?

Download the RGSS102E.dll file from www.dll-files.com and put it in Pokemon HOF folder and you'll be fine.

hmmm,
    pokemon load error line 83 or something...
    0.o
    anyway to fix this?

I don't know why you are having this issue but none of us had ever encounter it before. You may have to redownload the game and see whether it works this time...

Moose, you seem to ride the high and mighty wagon so I'm going to give you a bit of feedback on your game.

Firstly, nothing draws me into wanting to play the game. The look, the sound and the idea behind it is something that is very common and I would not waste any time in trying it out. The graphics are dated, hell, Olga isn't even a sprite, it's a resized animé image. The concept of just reliving the anime series or whatever the hell it is, does not intrigue me. It doesn't dare to go beyond boundaries and the entire presentation just proves that there is no creative direction coming from the team. So think twice if you troll around in Acanthite's thread and whatever else because they aim to do the opposite of your project.

Being good.

Sorry, I had to say it. I can't tell lies.

Well I didn't realize this game gets hated this much but still, I appreciate your comments on it and we'll figure out how to improve this game and carry out our ideas into practice. Besides, thanks for reviving this thread to the front page of Game Showcase forum though.

Well, thanks. All of the fans in this thread feel better now.
    Could you pick your fight somewhere else? I don't think this has anything to do with the rest of us.

Thanks for your support for this game. Wish you good luck on your game project as well.

If i could say something:

Why couldn't you add Crystal Onix as a tottaly other Pokemon?

Adding Crystal Onix as a new Pokemon will require us to make a completely new pokedex, and we just don't intend to make it as a fakemon though.

Last edited:

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • Well I didn't realize this game gets hated this much but still, I appreciate your comments on it and we'll figure out how to improve this game and carry out our ideas into practice. Besides, thanks for reviving this thread to the front page of Game Showcase forum though.

Now, don't consider it to be hate. Criticism, yes. Maybe even strong, but it's intended to encourage you into wanting to better the project.

I would agree with some of the points that were made about the sprites and story which could do with an injection of something original, and I'd add that some of the Orange Islands screenshots I've seen say to me that the maps need a bit more work as there's too much open space and not enough innovation. I admire the commitment and the advances shown in development, and you'll benefit even more if you can fix these issues.

Keep it up, and take on board the points that people make as they're not trying to hate, but trying to help. And bear in mind that staff like InMooseWeTrust aren't helping your game's popularity by trolling members' ideas threads before they've even gotten started.

Lmayonaise

constant pain in the ..
    Years
  • Don't go hatin' a playa for making a shizzle nizzle fannizzle Pokemonizzle! Hatin is something that is fairizzle.

I'm not hating, just the game sucks and needs work.

Necrono

perfect day.
    Years
  • Stop with the "zzles", they're irritating. Could you do any better? *knowing smile*

Thanks man. Just downloaded the file. :)

I'll tell you what I think about the game later on. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back