• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON Hall Of Fame Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    For all of you who think the game sucks you no longer have to look at the thread( no one was forcing you in the first place).Hall of Famer has informed me that he is planning to move his thread to a different forum. I personally would like him to continue his game here on Pokecommunity, but it would seem I'm heavily outnumbered. So for those of you who dont like thread, congradulations! The thread will probably be locked anytime now.:\

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
    Years
  • For all of you who think the game sucks you no longer have to look at the thread( no one was forcing you in the first place).Hall of Famer has informed me that he is planning to move his thread to a different forum. I personally would like him to continue his game here on Pokecommunity, but it would seem I'm heavily outnumbered. So for those of you who dont like thread, congradulations! The thread will probably be locked anytime now.:\

It seems someone cannot take negative feedback.

This will probably be the downfall of his game, unless he's moving to a forum full of 12-year-old fanboys.

Anyways, for my own feedback.

The game looks promising, but the story needs more, and the game overall needs more originality.

Make your own characters, make your own region. Use the old pokemon if you want, but change some of that up.

I pretty much agree with Fangking on everything he said, ESPECIALLY the thing about Moose, he really doesn't help your project much by going around doing that stuff.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • For all of you who think the game sucks you no longer have to look at the thread( no one was forcing you in the first place).Hall of Famer has informed me that he is planning to move his thread to a different forum. I personally would like him to continue his game here on Pokecommunity, but it would seem I'm heavily outnumbered. So for those of you who dont like thread, congradulations! The thread will probably be locked anytime now.:\

Waaaaah! please don't move this game!! i've been following it for a while now and if it left i will hate you...well, maybe not, but please keep on at Pokecommunity!

Lmayonaise

constant pain in the ..
    Years
  • Awww, someone can't hack critique. The game will never be finished then. Which is a shame because the team could churn out something great.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • HOF... there's really no reason for you to be moving, just because you get some negative criticism means nothing, just take it, and use it to improve your project. And I'm sure you'll improve the project before it is done.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • Awww, someone can't hack critique. The game will never be finished then. Which is a shame because the team could churn out something great.

First of all, it's elynxer who seems to be arguing with you. I have no time discussing the definition of hating and critiques, but I guess you understand it. You claimed that "this game sucks and need work". Personally I'd accept such a comments from fans or experienced game developers like Omege Groudon, Wichu and Neodragon, not a pure hater like you.

Here are the evidences that your conflicts with Moose led to pure hating on Pokemon HOF Project, don't tell me you're too retarded to remember what happened in the past:

Look, Acanthite's just the best god damn thing ever to grace the internet. No competition between it and the other fangames. Its quality is so much more superior!

1. Define "best."
    2. HOW many fangames have you compared it to? Oh yeah, you can't because there is no released demo of it.
    3. Again, HOW many other games have you compared quality to? You can't really do that either because this game has no demo out.

The nicest thing I can say about your comment is that it's hypocritical.

Lol moose gonna try and start a beef are ye. Lololol.

I'm a mate of Fancying Omega's and I see a lot of things behind the scenes. The amazing factor of this fan game is that it offers a realistic batch of Pokemon designs, that could pass off as the real thing, and I'm to help as I've leant my hand with Gigimplode, Croopie, Peculiurn, Divineon, Seazar and Tentacruse and a few more.

The best defines that it is the game with the most quality put into it, the storyline, the characters and the features being incorporated into it. I have seen a few other fangames here, but no offense to anyone, but they're just pisspoor compared to this. The only ones that stand a real chance of competing with Acanthite is Kyledove's Pokemon MMO, Wichu's Pokemon Amythest and Count Splatula's Pokemon Ancients Project. They're the only ones I'd consider in the A-League. The others are just resting upon B League and downwards.

I don't need a demo to tell me how good a game's quality is, because I've seen the game's work, its functions, its innovative take on being Number 1. You don't need a demo to tell you how good a game is, that's too generalised. And you seem to be among the many generalistic noobs on this forum that simply go; "LOL WE ARE THE BETTEREST BECUHZ WE HAVE DEMO N THEY DO NOT LOLOLOL"

So before you try and bring Acanthite down yet again InMooseWeThrust - oops InMooseWeTrust, sorry I did a typo! Look at what other games have to offer and match it to the quality that Acanthite is producing, because from what I can see here is that you're a lulsworthy troll that's only making themself looking like their own holdigger.

You may have trouble with Moose, and perhaps it's even his fault first, which I don't know and I actually don't care at all. What I'm talking about here is that you're now hating on this game project and remember: As a supporter of Pokemon Acanthite, your behavior will result in the rise or declination of the popularity of that fan game.

Now, don't consider it to be hate. Criticism, yes. Maybe even strong, but it's intended to encourage you into wanting to better the project.

I would agree with some of the points that were made about the sprites and story which could do with an injection of something original, and I'd add that some of the Orange Islands screenshots I've seen say to me that the maps need a bit more work as there's too much open space and not enough innovation. I admire the commitment and the advances shown in development, and you'll benefit even more if you can fix these issues.

Keep it up, and take on board the points that people make as they're not trying to hate, but trying to help. And bear in mind that staff like InMooseWeTrust aren't helping your game's popularity by trolling members' ideas threads before they've even gotten started.

Well I guess you should be more familiar with the hater Lmayonaise than I do, right? I noticed that he used to have some kind of conflicts with Moose, and you should be familiar with this since the fight appeared in your game thread. Look, he's hating on this game thread simply because he has personal issue with Moose. As a game developer, I don't need to care about what's going on between him and Moose. All I care about is that he's hating on this game because of Moose and drive visitors away from my game thread. I have nothing against you and your game but I advise you to take some time educating your supporters like Lmayonaise. Having supporters that bash on other people's projects will not help anything with the popularity of your game, I'm warning you.

Last edited:

Lmayonaise

constant pain in the ..
    Years
  • If i were you, I wouldn't really care what people are rating the game, the rating doesn't tell you what's wrong with the game, only the comments.

I think it's wrong to have the rating system anyway, it detracts from the content inside the thread.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2022
    Thanks for the great game, I'm really enjoying it so far :)

We won't have a level cap until the next region, and it'll work differently from what you're used to.

Does this mean that Pokémon will go higher than level 100? With all of these regions I don't see why not.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    Why do you call people 'Haters'? That's pure stupid. Every thread has some noobs rating it 1 star. Get over it. You shouldn't even be using the rating system as criticism, anyway.

Anyway, he more you tell people to stop rating the thread 1 star, the more they'll do it. The same goes with asking them to give it a good rating.

elynxer

Sworedyz
    Years
  • He's not picking a fight with anybody -_-
    He's giving real criticism to this project.
    Which btw, i agree with 100%

The majority of these complaints weren't posted to help this game. They were posted to retailate against InMoosewetrust, who complained and caused trouble in the Pokemon Acanthite's thread.

Lmayonaise, I'm pointing spefically at you for starting this. There was no trouble in this thread until you started it with
    Moose, you seem to ride the high and mighty wagon so I'm going to give you a bit of feedback on your game.

Now tell me, what does wanting to knock him off the high wagon have anything to do with helping with the game? You just slapped him in the face, and right in the middle of the thread, where everyone could see it.

So think twice if you troll around in Acanthite's thread and whatever else because they aim to do the opposite of your project.

Being good.
    Sorry, I had to say it. I can't tell lies.
    Thanks for telling us exactly why you are here. Now, I suppose if I were to follow your example, I would go back over to your thread, and start picking at your project. But I'm not. So please, go back to your own thread.

Fangking Omega said:
    Now, don't consider it to be hate. Criticism, yes. Maybe even strong, but it's intended to encourage you into wanting to better the project.

That wasn't criticism. It was poorly disguised cynicism. Thank you for offering some reasonable advice in your post.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • That wasn't criticism. It was poorly disguised cynicism. Thank you for offering some reasonable advice in your post.

I write plainly, no tricks or disguises. I avoided commenting in this thread since it would look like I was reacting against Moose who is more than welcome to offer his thoughts on my game since something's wrong if everyone says they like it and don't suggest areas of weakness. What I find more distasteful are his comments offered on a project in the Plot and Story Idea Space that hadn't even begun yet and he'd already written it off. However, I had to say something constructive and somewhat positive in here because it would be a shame if the project was abandoned on account of "haters". The criticism is trying to push the game higher, and the Rating system is altogether irrelevant.

The game will speak for itself if the areas highlighted are improved.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2022
    Username: KaibaChaosChampion
    Sex: Male

Desired Position: I might be able to help map out some things if you want. I was thinking Johto, Hoenn and possibly Sinnoh.
    Previous Experience: I'm not sure how much RPG Maker XP differs from 2000/2003 but I've been using those for around 5 years.
    Email address: [email protected]
    Instant Messenger ID: kaibachaoschampi - I'll redownload AIM tommorow. I need to go to bed now for colelge in the morning.

Describe Yourself: Well, I've like Pokémon from the start. I love creating games, especially RPGs. I've only ever finished creating Super Mario World with twice the amount of enimies, I thought the original game was too easy. I also like Anime, Manga and Video Games in general. I guess I'm not really sure what to say here but I'm definetely interested in joining such a great project.

Edit: I now have redownloaded AIM and have added Inmoosewetrust. What is your AIM Hall of Famer?

Last edited:

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • Username: KaibaChaosChampion
    Sex: Male

Desired Position: I might be able to help map out some things if you want. I was thinking Johto, Hoenn and possibly Sinnoh.
    Previous Experience: I'm not sure how much RPG Maker XP differs from 2000/2003 but I've been using those for around 5 years.
    Email address: [email protected]
    Instant Messenger ID: kaibachaoschampi - I'll redownload AIM tommorow. I need to go to bed now for colelge in the morning.

Describe Yourself: Well, I've like Pokémon from the start. I love creating games, especially RPGs. I've only ever finished creating Super Mario World with twice the amount of enimies, I thought the original game was too easy. I also like Anime, Manga and Video Games in general. I guess I'm not really sure what to say here but I'm definetely interested in joining such a great project.

Edit: I now have redownloaded AIM and have added Inmoosewetrust. What is your AIM Hall of Famer?

Offer accepted. We'd be willing to work together with you for the maps of Johto and probably the rest of Orange Islands if you want.

My AIM is Oswaldhalloffame. I'm only available during weekend due to the severe amount of schoolwork to do in my college during weekday. Inmoosewetrust would give you sufficient helps if you did add him into your body list and hopefully you'll learn something about the project soon. Have a good time.

I write plainly, no tricks or disguises. I avoided commenting in this thread since it would look like I was reacting against Moose who is more than welcome to offer his thoughts on my game since something's wrong if everyone says they like it and don't suggest areas of weakness. What I find more distasteful are his comments offered on a project in the Plot and Story Idea Space that hadn't even begun yet and he'd already written it off. However, I had to say something constructive and somewhat positive in here because it would be a shame if the project was abandoned on account of "haters". The criticism is trying to push the game higher, and the Rating system is altogether irrelevant.

The game will speak for itself if the areas highlighted are improved.

Guess I have pointed out it before... For me, I accept critiques from anyone but pure haters, especially someone like Lmayonaise who's intentionally bashing this game in order to revenge Moose. Another thing I know about is that despite the fact that Moose and I are friends and co-workers, I never come to your thread and support his idea on your game. So what's the point of you posting in my game thread defending for a hater like Lmayonaise? I think it's much better for you to completely concentrate on your game project and respond to people who are asking questions and supporting your games. You'll get much more credits from doing what you're supposed to do. Remember what I said before: Having supporters like Lmayonaise who keep bashing on others game project in order to emphasize how superior your game is will not help anything with the popularity of your fan game.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2022
    Offer accepted. We'd be willing to work together with you for the maps of Johto and probably the rest of Orange Islands if you want.

My AIM is Oswaldhalloffame. I'm only available during weekend due to the severe amount of schoolwork to do in my college during weekday. Inmoosewetrust would give you sufficient helps if you did add him into your body list and hopefully you'll learn something about the project soon. Have a good time.

Thanks for accepting. I've already talked to Inmoosewetrust who has got me working on something. If you also want help with the Orange Islands though is there any way of getting a non encrypted version of 1.2? At the moment I'm using the non encrypted version 1.1. It's fine for what I'm doing now, but it might be helpful if you want me to do the Orange Islands.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2011
    This is a great game thus far... I've played up through Crystal Cave, and have explored the other islands, and I love a lot of what the developers are trying to do.

Few minor things needing correction
    - few spelling and grammar errors in text
    - few tile problems, most notably in Vermillion City in the water south of town

keep up the good work y'all, I'm looking forward to the next release

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2013
    qucik question. I like how this game is coming along but maybe you can have a system where the higher level a pokemon is the more moves he can learn to make it bit more like the anime? like lev 60 they can learn 5 moves or something.

Also are you going to include other rivals in the game like paul etc when you get onto sinnoh

couple of question

where does the second beta go up to? does it have the new added stuff you said on your first post in features?

can you catch all the kanto starters in kanto at the start of the game? it doesnt say you can on the pokedex

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2013
    hey...any idea how to get past the old man in viridian city? he keeps saying he forbids me from going past

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2011
    have you tried fighting gary on the way to the indigo league, or taken Oaks Parcel to him from the mart?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back