• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON Hall Of Fame Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
    • CT
    • Seen Jan 17, 2016
    Hmmm... I wonder who would be good at writing and editing... Nope. Can't think of anyone. No one at all.

Anyways, I actually quite like the style of this game. It has that same rudimentary feeling you get distinctly from the color generation games. Although a bit on the unprofessional side at times, I think this game really has the potential for improvement (especially with some editing).

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • Hmmm... I wonder who would be good at writing and editing... Nope. Can't think of anyone. No one at all.

Anyways, I actually quite like the style of this game. It has that same rudimentary feeling you get distinctly from the color generation games. Although a bit on the unprofessional side at times, I think this game really has the potential for improvement (especially with some editing).

It'll get faster once we've de-capitalized all the names of things. Then we just edit the maps (takes a few days per map location) and it gets faster. You'll see some more de-capitalization in the next beta and a few dialogue edits. You'll see huge changes in language after the beta.

Years
  • Hey! My sprites. :D
    Well, if you have any more stuff for me to sprite, just tell me. I feel like the hair on the first row of OW looks wierd. :X

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • Pokémon Hall of Fame: Kanto rewrite in progress

Pallet_Viridian_Edits_1_by_InMooseWeTrust.png

Pallet_Viridian_Edits_2_by_InMooseWeTrust.png

Years
  • That's better. I only caught one mistake, which is that the old lady has quotations around her speech, but nobody else does. And just cuz...

Username: Jaydin_Knight
    Sex: Female...

Desired Position: Editor...(or at least grammar/spelling mistake-fixer)
    Previous Experience: Never been on a team before, but I've been writing since I was three and I am in the process of writing a novel. xD
    Email address: [email protected]
    Instant Messenger ID: maxdawgfluffy

Describe Yourself: Um, well, I'm in eighth grade and I like to think I'm unique, but I suppose everyone thinks they're unique, so that's not really a unique thought, is it? Anyway, I'm obsessed with Cobra Starship and Paramore, and I consider fish meat. I'm not sure why some people don't, but fish bleed, don't they? I'm vegetarian, wish I could muster the guts to be vegan but I like pizza and cheese too much. Um, I'm a humanist atheist and I think it's funny how my friends are always trying to convert me to their religions, ummmm....I think that's pretty much it? Oh yeah, please don't call me Jacqui (pronounced 'Jack-ul', for the record) and call me Jaydin instead. xD Happy (late?) New Year and....yeah.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • Well I'm glad to announce that the Pokemon HOF team will welcome the arrival of another two members --* Morning Star and Jaydin Knight, both as editors and advisors. Another exciting news is that our spriter OblivionMew has returned and is currently working on a character called Tad, who will be the 6th gym leader of Orange Islands. This game is going to get bigger and better so please check out the future version 1.3 which will be released by mid-January. Have a good day everyone!:classic:

Last edited:

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • Small Update: The last town on Mandarin Island -- The Lahara town has been made into the game. It has a game corner similar to the one in Celadon, but the prizes are going to be different. There's no major events in Lahara town considering it's a very tiny town just like Pallet. The entire Mandarin Island is already completed by today so I'm starting to work on Trovita island now. The screenshot can be viewed below:
    screenshot15.png

Btw, our spriter OblivionMew has successfully made the character sprite for Tad(and another one for Marianna). He has also completed the sprites for Butch and Cassidy. Please check the modified screenshot about the secret hideout to see this update.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
    Years
    • CT
    • Seen Jan 17, 2016
    @Pokemon OI: Are you calling colored people weird? *cracks knuckles*
    I like the new screenshots, but I think the new game corner would look a lot better if a tile were created to connect the small building to the side of it with the main terminal. Also, ROUTE69... ROUTE 69, unless you don't have enough space in the box.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    @Pokemon OI: Are you calling colored people weird? *cracks knuckles*
    I like the new screenshots, but I think the new game corner would look a lot better if a tile were created to connect the small building to the side of it with the main terminal. Also, ROUTE69... ROUTE 69, unless you don't have enough space in the box.
    lol thats real funny because I happen to be a colored person *Cracks Knuckles*
    ....and in this case it was very weird.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • Nice job man this looks sick!

Thank you very much for the support. Also don't forget to check out the beta 1.3 which will be released one or two weeks later if you want.

Update time: The Trovita Island is already available to explore in Pokemon HOF game. The Gym leader Rudy, however, is still not accessible due to some reasons. What's going on with him? Is it possible to challenge him in Trovita right now? Please check out the screenshot below to see this update in detail.

screenshot16.png

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2011
    wow i only just started playing this, its a very impressive RPG thats for sure. This is what any pokemon fan has being waiting for.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • Great Update!!!

I like very much!!

Thanks a lot, dude. I wish Pokemon Silver Chronicle will be successful in this year as well.

wow i only just started playing this, its a very impressive RPG thats for sure. This is what any pokemon fan has being waiting for.

Thank you very much for the support, I really appreciate it. I hope you enjoy playing Pokemon HOF and please give us feedback if you want. Have a nice day!

Btw, I have already finished all the new maps for beta 1.3 and I have been busy revising the existing maps and storyline recently. Here's a small update I made today, the implement of weather system! Please check the screenshot below to see this update. The pictures included in the screenshot are about Rain, storm before lightning, storm after lightning and sandstorm:

screenshot17.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2013
    you should try to add tons of other stuff in kanto region that happens perhaps in the anime. it is a bit too similar to pokemon fire red and the other.

there are loads of events you could add and new cities and side storylines to make the game even better....

to get the the 3 starter pokemon, you could implement as a long event for each one and in the end you get to get them

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • you should try to add tons of other stuff in kanto region that happens perhaps in the anime. it is a bit too similar to pokemon fire red and the other.

there are loads of events you could add and new cities and side storylines to make the game even better....

to get the the 3 starter pokemon, you could implement as a long event for each one and in the end you get to get them

Thanks for the advice. In fact, we have started the kanto revising project. Some of the events will be included in beta 1.3. For instance, instead of getting one of the three starters from Prof.Oak, you will obtain Pichu from oak's lab since Ash wakes up late and the other Pokemon are gone. The way to obtain Bulbasaur will be essentially the same with what happens in the anime, from a hidden village. Btw, we do appreciate the idea of making it a considerably different game to FR/LG so every advice/suggestion matters. Please feel free posting in this thread if you have any ideas of the kanto revision. Have a good time!

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2013
    cheers, i hope you do because then there will be no stopping this game. i am sure you can think of many events, for example try adding some trophies like a fire cup? or a drgaon cup during cities which were done in the anime. witht he rules being something like you can only use 2-3 pokemon of a specific type

adding similar events for charmander and squirtle will be good. you could also add that unofficial gym which was in the earlier anime with the guy with a sandshrew? loads more that occured in the anime as well

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back