• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON Hall Of Fame Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2019
    Hey everyone! If anyone's noticed, I've been listed on the staff page as an editor for a bit now. Moose recruited me. I'm kind of new here, and I'm a bit of a closet pokémon fan. ;3 Every here seems super nice, so I'm really happy to be part of a community project in a place with so many great people. :3

I'm going through the game dialogue and text to edit it for grammar and spelling issues. Hopefully this will help make the game look much more professional if all of the text within it is grammatically correct. As I get regions done, I'll let you know.

My goal is to have all of the little mistakes corrected in the game. I have a big personal pet peeve with bad grammar in games and other media, so I hope that I'll be able to help out.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • Hey everyone! If anyone's noticed, I've been listed on the staff page as an editor for a bit now. Moose recruited me. I'm kind of new here, and I'm a bit of a closet pokémon fan. ;3 Every here seems super nice, so I'm really happy to be part of a community project in a place with so many great people. :3

I'm going through the game dialogue and text to edit it for grammar and spelling issues. Hopefully this will help make the game look much more professional if all of the text within it is grammatically correct. As I get regions done, I'll let you know.

My goal is to have all of the little mistakes corrected in the game. I have a big personal pet peeve with bad grammar in games and other media, so I hope that I'll be able to help out.

Glad to see you back. The version 1.3 has been released and we have different versions for game developers and the public. Enjoy!

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2011
    enough with the complaining lol, at least you are getting the update, anyways thanks alot to those who developed this, it really is impressive lol nintendo might aswell employ you guys to do their future games.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
  • I started testing the beta 1.3 and found the following errors/bugs:

-I received a Spearow instead of Pichu.
    -You forgot to put \PN on Ritchie's end battle speech
    -People/scientists got on Ritchie way while he was leaving the lab.
    -The game froze while Ritchie was leaving the lab after battling him...

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2011
    I started testing the beta 1.3 and found the following errors/bugs:

-I received a Spearow instead of Pichu.
    -You forgot to put \PN on Ritchie's end battle speech
    -People/scientists got on Ritchie way while he was leaving the lab.
    -The game froze while Ritchie was leaving the lab after battling him...

i too received a spearow, is this a joke? lol

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2010
    Hi,
    I've just read this thread and I can say only one thing: I love this game!!! I wanted to start playing version 1.3 but I can't because I have the same problems like ~JV~ ;( And when i use continue option in menu I can play normally, I have Pikachu but there is a GREEN guy who look a little bit eee stupid ;D I hope so you willl solve the problems quickly because i can't wait to play this awesome game!!! I wish you good luck!!
    P.S. Uff my first post on this forum...Yeah :D Sorry for my bad English...

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
  • Ok, here's my concerns about the game, as well as little oddities I found:

- The day/night tinting (which I think is the default) is really too dark. You should lighten it a little.
    - There is a massive black square, visible from the bottom-right part of Pallet Town.
    - The text says "Player obtained Spearow" when it should be "Player obtained Pichu", as the text implies.
    - I found out I actually *got* a Spearow instead. This is hopefully a mistake =/
    - When Ritchie leaves from the Lab, he just instantly disappears. A similar thing happens to Olga.
    - The Pokémon battle sprites are just really bad. They're pixelated, strange and often misplaced on the battle screen. Similarly, the battle bases are resized incorrectly.
    - While I know you're trying to be funny with the dialogue... I don't think it works. Nearly every single piece of dialogue breaks the fourth wall, and it kind of detracts from the experience.
    - When entering text, you need to break up dialogue in logical sentences. Right now, you've got like seven lines in a single text function, which is a little bit awkward.
    - Olga and some other trainers were just poorly cut out images, rather than proper sprites.
    - Setting events to wander randomly in RMXP isn't a good idea. In the original Pokémon games, events have a limited area in which they can move, while in RMXP they just move completely randomly. This can result in NPCs being in super strange locations or just bunching up together.
    - There seems to be random battle noises mixed in with certain battle music tracks. On a similar note, the music is of really varying quality, and often doesn't loop properly.

Unfortunately, I got just too bored to keep playing. The concept of remaking Kanto isn't really a good idea, since it's already been played to death. The fact that the beta was so bug ridden also didn't help. While it's great you've made a lot of progress, this game is of, at the moment, fairly low quality. The custom battle graphics were decent, and the animations were a nice change, but that's all that the game's got going for it.

Keep in mind this was all in just five minutes of playing. Having a beta is great, but... I mean, it's barely playable.

OblivionMew

Spriter in the Making!
    Years
  • okay. the reason there are trainers with the cut out images is because they are temporary place fills until the sprites have been made.

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • -I received a Spearow instead of Pichu. Fixed
    -You forgot to put \PN on Ritchie's end battle speech That script doesn't work, so I changed it.
    -People/scientists got on Ritchie way while he was leaving the lab. Froze the people in the Lab
    -The game froze while Ritchie was leaving the lab after battling him... Not anymore
    - The day/night tinting (which I think is the default) is really too dark. You should lighten it a little. Tinting is progressive
    - There is a massive black square, visible from the bottom-right part of Pallet Town. Map proportions are off, will be fixed later
    - The text says "Player obtained Spearow" when it should be "Player obtained Pichu", as the text implies. Fixed
    - I found out I actually *got* a Spearow instead. This is hopefully a mistake =/ Fixed
    - When Ritchie leaves from the Lab, he just instantly disappears. A similar thing happens to Olga. Will fix in the future
    - The Pokémon battle sprites are just really bad. They're pixelated, strange and often misplaced on the battle screen. Similarly, the battle bases are resized incorrectly. Will fix in future releases; this is why I insisted on sticking with FRLG graphics
    - While I know you're trying to be funny with the dialogue... I don't think it works. Nearly every single piece of dialogue breaks the fourth wall, and it kind of detracts from the experience. Please explain
    - When entering text, you need to break up dialogue in logical sentences. Right now, you've got like seven lines in a single text function, which is a little bit awkward. Will fix in future releases
    - Olga and some other trainers were just poorly cut out images, rather than proper sprites. Replaced
    - Setting events to wander randomly in RMXP isn't a good idea. In the original Pokémon games, events have a limited area in which they can move, while in RMXP they just move completely randomly. This can result in NPCs being in super strange locations or just bunching up together. Point considered
    - There seems to be random battle noises mixed in with certain battle music tracks. On a similar note, the music is of really varying quality, and often doesn't loop properly. Will be fixed in the future when we switch from WMA to MIDI music

Hall of Famer...

1. Putting "\PN" within scripts doesn't always work. That's why it shows up as "PN" on map names and in battle text.
    2. The Pb.Addpokemon (or whatever it's called; I forget) doesn't work with numbers. I put in 025 and it gave a Spearow (021). I found a way around this.
    3. It's possible to set custom move routes of NPC's. You can also freeze them in one spot, which is what I just did in Oak's Lab.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2011
    Does version 1.3 have any more playable progress in the orange islands? where does it go up to? Also, is there a way to bring your file from version 1.2 over to the new version so that you do not have to start again?

Any answers to these questions would be appreciated.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back