• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON Hall Of Fame Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
Years
  • my Charmander's at level 18 and still hasn't evolved, it's supposed to evolve at level 16, but it didn't, so what's going on here

All Pokémon evolve later. The starters evolve at 20 and 40.

Hey Hall of Fammer look the new screens of my game:

Spoiler:

I achieve the scripts for block Pokémon on PC.talk with me

I'm not impressed. Making everything D/P is not good from an aesthetic standpoint because of all the problems associated with being 3D. For example, compared to all the 2D tiles the Kyledove tiles look way out of proportion (compare the angle perspectives of signposts to that of extremely tall buildings). Also, the colors are too dull and not as varied so you end up looking worse aesthetically after converting to D/P tiles. Also, due to the lack of tiles available it's impossible to get more than two styles of D/P tiles (regular and snowy). Compared to that, if you use the standard 2D tiles that Pokémon Essentials is built for, you get to choose a huge variety of colors and styles: everything from Don Patch and Saurav to WAH and Johto Complete.

Also, changing something just because it's an "up-grade" (according to some people) seems like a pretty short-sighted reason for the whole "let's all convert everything to D/P because it's cool" craze. I guarantee your maps will look a lot better aesthetically if you used something made for 2D, like Saurav, WAH, or Don Patch.

Famer, do you still need anybody for MIDI composition/editing?
    I'm interested in occupying a position.
    If so, send me a pm and I'll email you the form (and any samples of previous music, if needed).

Also, do save files carry over?

1. Respond to my visitor message.
    2. Yes, the save files can carry over. The save file for the game is "game.rxdata." Be careful because transferring the save file between versions could crash either the game or the save file because every new release has a lot of radical changes.

why can't I play Clair for, I don't want to be a boy, I want to be a girl, as I'm not a boy

We don't have the girl character in our game because it doesn't make sense in our game to. Our game's protagonist is a combination of Ash from the Animé and Red from the Manga. Also, the girl protagonist is an NPC rival named Olga Blue, so she's already being used in the story.

And besides, we don't have enough sprites to have a female protagonist.

looks like there's other backs that need replacing as well

Yeah, we're getting there. We only have two spriters and a lot of characters that need spriting.

After seeing those maps on the first page and other features I guess this is gonna take a couple of years to complete if your are doing all the regions.

Don't even get me started...

Last edited:

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Holy crap, I can't believe I never looked at this thread before, the videos look great and so do the screens.

Also I'll be downloading the demo, I'm sure its going to be great.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • Holy crap, I can't believe I never looked at this thread before, the videos look great and so do the screens.

Also I'll be downloading the demo, I'm sure its going to be great.

Thanks a lot for the support dude. Since you're a supporter of Pokemon the Lost world, there's a great chance that you will like Pokemon HOF as well. Besides, the official release of beta 1.3 will be out by this weekend, please check it out by then!

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2011
    I have found a error that turns off the game automatically.
    When you go down the Underground Tunnel, Olga appears and when the battle sequence starts, the game shuts off. Is their a simple way to fix this on my file instead of waiting for the next release so I can continue playing? Other than that, the game is very fun, and well thought out. Any help on this, would be appreciated.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • I have found a error that turns off the game automatically.
    When you go down the Underground Tunnel, Olga appears and when the battle sequence starts, the game shuts off. Is their a simple way to fix this on my file instead of waiting for the next release so I can continue playing? Other than that, the game is very fun, and well thought out. Any help on this, would be appreciated.

Well I don't know which version you are using right now. I will release the official Pokemon HOF V1.3 by this weekend so hopefully you won't be having problems like this anymore. Please check it out by then...

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Thanks a lot for the support dude. Since you're a supporter of Pokemon the Lost world, there's a great chance that you will like Pokemon HOF as well. Besides, the official release of beta 1.3 will be out by this weekend, please check it out by then!

Wow, that was lucky I came right near the new beta release, thanks for the heads up!

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    from the screen shots aren't I supposed to start out with Eevee as my starter, instead of Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • Wow, that was lucky I came right near the new beta release, thanks for the heads up!

You're welcome. I appreciate your interest in Pokemon HOF very much. It's still not a popular game yet but we will keep working on this project no matter the difficulties.

from the screen shots aren't I supposed to start out with Eevee as my starter, instead of Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle

Well the Eevee was used just for betatesting purpose...

Anyway, you will have to choose a starter between Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle in version 1.0 - 1.2. In version 1.3, however, you will get Pokemon Pichu first and the three starters can be obtained later in the game (after you become the Kanto Champion). You may purchase Eevee in Mandarin Island by 6666 coins, which might be a little bit expensive but this is how it works.

Did you manage to figure out how to play Clair in Pokemon Scarlet? Anyway, you are always welcomed to ask questions and I will see if I can answer though.

Last edited:

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    also here's a better,'Press Start' buttom to use then the one you have, just make sure you give credit to the Pokemon Scarlet game ok

And not sure if you can use this or not but here's a character image of the female character, if you can figure out how to make the image smaller

Last edited:

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • also here's a better,'Press Start' buttom to use then the one you have, just make sure you give credit to the Pokemon Scarlet game ok

And not sure if you can use this or not but here's a character image of the female character, if you can figure out how to make the image smaller

Sorry, but using Marina as a protagonist would mess up the timeline in our game. Marina would be three years younger than Ash and situated in Johto, which is not even in our game yet.

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I thought she was being used cause her icon is on here, and this is Crystal not Marina

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • That start menu picture looks nice, thank you for this advice. The trouble is that you claimed that it wasn't your own work, but from another fan game called Pokemon Scarlet. Therefore, we might have to get permission from Houndoomed, the owner of Pokemon scarlet in order to use their resources.(unless you were the one who made that press start button picture for Pokemon scarlet, which means that people who use this sprite do not need to credit Pokemon Scarlet, but you)

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • Here's some content that you can expect to see in future releases (not this one because of the timing). I decided to post these now because all of Pennsylvania is covered in snow and I don't have any other plans...

Here's a "mossy hill" autotile. Credits to NarutoAsh.

The rest are from the Don Patch. Credits go to Alistair for making these and me for putting these together into workable autotiles.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    That start menu picture looks nice, thank you for this advice. The trouble is that you claimed that it wasn't your own work, but from another fan game called Pokemon Scarlet. Therefore, we might have to get permission from Houndoomed, the owner of Pokemon scarlet in order to use their resources.(unless you were the one who made that press start button picture for Pokemon scarlet, which means that people who use this sprite do not need to credit Pokemon Scarlet, but you)

It's OK, I won't be needing it anymore :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    LOVE IT!

I love your game.
    It would definitely go in my top 3 list.

I found a few problems.
    1. When you faint and go to nurse joy in varidian city the image is not there.
    2. The last thin line of rocks (the ones you jump over) on route 1 are2 tiles longer than they are in FR and LG.

I can not wait for the next release.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back