• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold hack: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver English Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    Changing the topic. If you want to report spelling errors, I think it'd be best if you send Magius a PM with the mistake and where it is, in the title so he can just check the list off by looking at his messages.

If Magius disagrees with me, don't. :P

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2013
    why do people post in threads saying their stupid, if you don't want to support someone don't post in the thread.

And there doing it because not everyone wants to wait for it to come and and to prove a point that game companies wait to long to release a translated version.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    for me it looks like a stupid project becuase the full english version will come in 2010,but ok if you want....
    Wow you are so thoughtless and ingorant.

"BLEHAHAHH YOUR STUPID" is never a good thing to say, no matter what you are talking about.

We've recieved a near full English translation in a week rather than having to wait 4+ months for something.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2009
    thank you for your work i hope you make version 5 fast because i want to play so bad but i can't understand a thing.

EcoReck

Just that guy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    If you're just going to register to post to tell him to hurry up, then you shouldn't post at all.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    why do people post in threads saying their stupid, if you don't want to support someone don't post in the thread.

And there doing it because not everyone wants to wait for it to come and and to prove a point that game companies wait to long to release a translated version.

Yeah and this is 1/a couple of person/people a whole company can do it like instantly then, but they prolong it for some stupid reason...

-TheZeide

School days again...
    Years
  • When patching with patch.bat, does it really takes long time to be patched? Which is better to use, the patch.bat or xdelta.GUI?

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2011
    Ok I did everything correctly but nothing was changed to english.

As the first post in the thread states, all the menus, party text, move text, and all the small things are translated to english.

The main dialogue of the game is coming along in version 5, which I'm sure Magius is working hard on. :D

And speaking of Magius, if you ever need anything done with proofreading or anything related to spelling or grammar for the game, don't hesitate to drop me a PM :D I know I'm new and everything, but I can help you out :D I don't mean to say that you NEED help, but If you do just drop me a PM.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    I have a problem with the version 4 patcher.
    I used the prepatched Kuzco rom with patch 3b, worked fine.
    But if I use the Batch patcher for version 4, it says that patching is complete, but nothing happens.
    The GUI version either does nothing or creates a 0kb _patch.nds. I waited for 10minutes and it was still 0kb...
    I tried both ways with a clean 128mb rom, only difference from before was that GUI now creates a 32mb file ...

Can someone help me?

Anyone ? D:

BoneBlade

Journeyman of Forgotten Lands
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2016
    Has anyone had trouble using the patch on the Xenophobia version of Heart Gold? I used the version 4 patch on the ROM and it worked fine (apart from some minor OW sprite issues) until I got to a battle. When I KO'd the pokemon, the game froze and wouldn't respond. I tried using a snapshot and reloading it, but I got an error message and the emulator shut down (using NO$GBA). This has happened multiple times.

Is there any fix for this, or has anyone else experienced this kind of problem?

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Has anyone had trouble using the patch on the Xenophobia version of Heart Gold? I used the version 4 patch on the ROM and it worked fine (apart from some minor OW sprite issues) until I got to a battle. When I KO'd the pokemon, the game froze and wouldn't respond. I tried using a snapshot and reloading it, but I got an error message and the emulator shut down (using NO$GBA). This has happened multiple times.

Is there any fix for this, or has anyone else experienced this kind of problem?

Alright, here's what you do, I'll tell you exactly what to do to get this with the secuirty patch, so pay attention.
    ----------------------------------------------------------

1 Googe this : naspev.com pokemon heart gold japan

2 Go to the first result

3 Scroll down until you find a poster named Ajuko saying "Pokemon Heart Gold already patched with freeze and English translation patches. I've uploaded this myself which i tested on R4DS and DSTT and the results were: "cool, I got a badge!!!!""

4 Use the link that Ajuko provided. Download it. It has the security patch.

5 Download the translation patcher and put this rom in the "rom" folder.

6 Patch it like you normally would, and there you go! You've got the security patch and the translation patch!

This works fine. Even on my DSTT...

But for me, only with version 3b.

BoneBlade

Journeyman of Forgotten Lands
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2016
    I just tried using Rudolph's anti piracy patch that apparently should be with the English patch but wasn't, and it froze at the same spot. I think it might be the ROM. I'll try with a different anti-piracy patch tomorrow, but I doubt it'll work.

OblivionMew

Spriter in the Making!
    Years
  • Great work with the translation, it'd be pretty funny if this was 100% complete before the official English release. Anyway I was wondering if there is a better anti-piracy patch out there because the random freezes are starting to get annoying, it happens after playing the game for 1 hour straight.

School days again...
    Years
  • When patching with patch.bat, does it really takes long time to be patched? Which is better to use, the patch.bat or xdelta.GUI?

Help? And also, when I play Soul Siver and after the intro, the game turns black. HELP?

kacqn

???
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2015
    Me too I wonder if I got a download wrong or did the patching wrong.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back