• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold hack: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver English Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.

EcoReck

Just that guy
Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    So far, so good. Just 2 spelling errors at the beginning.

After you talk to your mom BEFORE you go to Elm, she says Professor Elm is wating for you. Hurry up, !

wating should be waiting and there should be no comma after up.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2014
    this is great! i did find one thing not translated near the beginning, though. (assuming this is for all starters) if you nickname your starter, the next line of text is in japanese for me.

EDIT: here's a list of extra things i found. (I'm being picky =D)
    1. if you try leaving New Bark Town without talking to your mom first, the lady says, "Wait, *name*!" then the next couple of text boxes are japanese.
    2. I'm not sure if this is what it really says in SS, but your mom says "Pokemon Gear, or Pokegear." but no "for short" at the end.
    3. When you leave New Bark Town, Elm walks out and gives you his number. instead of saying something like "*name* received Elm's number!", it's in japanese.
    4. When the old man is talking about the Poke Mart, he says "and other usefull items" instead of useful. Also, when you leave Cherrygrove, there should be a comma after the word "Oh" in his first text box.
    5. a few of your rival's text boxes are in japanese, one in the battle.
    6. Kotone/Hikibi says "...Hmm" instead of something like "...Hmm."
    7. Kotone/Hikibi... pretty much just check the grammar for when they teach you how to catch a pokemon.

Last edited:

EcoReck

Just that guy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    When you talk to your rival in the beginning with the Red hair, he talks in Japanese. I think you should translate this since he's an important character :)

Also, I think you should simply translate the pedestrian's dialogues since I like the little things those people say, but its your patch so who am I to say?

PrismoStar

Veteran Trainer
    Years
  • Great job, dude! So I presume that you're going to translate all of the non-dialogue stuff first, then the major dialogue and finally the minor dialogue like trainers and NPCs?

:D You can do it any way you want, but good job anyway!

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
  • I followed the instructions in the readme file.
    The output comes out in the form of the same filename but with: _patched in it's name and it consists of 0Bytes!?? O.O'
    What could be wrong here?
    I used a fresh, clean, untouched rom for it.

Last edited:

EcoReck

Just that guy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    ^If you read the readme completely, you would see that you have to wait until it changes from 0B to its normal size.

Now another translation fault. The text to set your signature in your trainer card is still in Japanese. :)

Edit: Also, Professor Elm's (Daughter?) with the Marril still talks to you in Japanese, and I'm sure she is an important part of the dialogue.

Last edited:

EcoReck

Just that guy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    Your Pokemon's Mood when you talk to it is also in Japanese. Don't think I'm being nitpicky. I'm just pointing some things out :)

Edit: PokeGear Menu Text is also not translated and obtaining numbers is also not translated. Signs as well are still in Japanese.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2011
    I cannot get past the intro. I have tried using both the v5 patches with and without the rudolph security) and have tried the AR code, but I cannot get past the intro. I press A, and the music keeps going but the screen just goes blank.

I tried on both my flashcart, and NO$GBA.
    The ROM I used is called 4168 - Pokemon - Heart Gold (J)(XenoPhobia).nds

Any ideas where I can get a different rom? I can't seem to find one. If someone could megaupload their working rom for me, it would be appreciated. :)

PS. Version 4 works fine, but I can't use v5.

erichan7

Somewhat a manga artist
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2009
    THANK YOU very much man =D
    Keep the good work please!!!

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I had trouble patching then i realized i was using a RAR file, i hope this helps someone...

-TheZeide

Jap

The Elitist
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2012
    Well, all patches work fine for me. Every single one. For version 5, it worked for both my SuperCard DSONE and also NO$GBA 2.6a. You can get this emulator from one of my vids on YouTube - My channel is called JapMKW. (Remove the spaces in the URL) Just follow the instructions, a good site to get this particular ROM is at Romulation. I figured out that not only did that code have to be a Action Replay DS code, you had to tick the RAW box. That might be your problem. As for the flashcart, I just got the ROM from Romulation, patched HeartGold and it worked fine as HeartGold and SoulSilver don't have a save type.

Magius - Great work, I just got to Goldenrod as soon as you release a new version. Your going crazy fast at this translation. :classic:

EDIT: You can't rename the ROM, that's what it means by clean I think. So leave it named 'xpa-phg' or 'xpa-pss'. Also, a link to my video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YoWcLR3cnU.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
  • ^If you read the readme completely, you would see that you have to wait until it changes from 0B to its normal size.

EDIT: Nevermind. Seems the rom I was using was prepatched with a different patch.
    Got myself a fresh, clean one, patched it with the new patch, renamed it to what the old one was and continued from my save. Awesome work Magius!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back