• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon HGSS Events revealed

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    Wow, actually didn't expect this... they actually have a sprite. So, if you trade it D/P/Pt, it would just turn into a plain old Pichu. So it has a different ear in each region... I thought that would be weird, but I guess Game Freak plays by its own rules.

Leitz09

*studying to draw manga...*
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    Its official. And yes the other one is th Pikachu Colored Pichu.

cool, makes me wanna play the game more... and just look at that pose.. quite intimidating and cool at the same time don't you think? (rhetorical)

Ging

Fiendishly Observant.
    Years
    Not really weird at all. Notched-Ear Pichu has a reason to differ from others since it's like a part of the movie special.

Years
    1: I pity the poor fool who has to wear the Pichu costume.

2:If you look at the new map you can see the entrance into the temple where the event with Arceus takes place , it's at the bottom of Mt.Silver.

3:My theory about Cynthia being a time lord or deity seems to be gaining ground.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Merged Pichu Sprite thread here - this can be treated as a discussion thread on everyting in the video, whcih includes those Pichu screens, after all.

I find the fact they have different sprites and poses interesting, and the move Pain Split being there as surprising. If it can evolve... maybe it'd be a feasible move for Raichu to know? =/

Arceus event also looks quite interesting there - Unowns flying across the screen and the mysterious egg there = win.

But WHAT ABOUT THE POOR PERSON INSIDE THAT PICHU COSTUME?

PKMNgamer

youtube.com/pkmngamer
    Years
    Wow that video was tight. Showing it to my gameplay hungry friends now. I'm so syked about this game. That person in the pichu costume beter get some good pay... lol.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    That video was totally awesome! I am not really bothered about the notched ear pichu event but I may as well try it. The Arceus event was just something else!! I'm even more exited now after seeing this! But there is something that I don't understand. What does Cynthia have to do with this event?
    I also think that the place where arceus event takes place is some new area that may only be unlockable if you have the movie arceus like the event that happend with shaymin in Plt. I just think that this may be it.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Not really weird at all. Notched-Ear Pichu has a reason to differ from others since it's like a part of the movie special.

I do agree, it isn't weird at all for the Notch-Eared Pichu's sprite to be altered from the original Pichus. For one, like stated it is a movie event and the ear alone makes it differ from a shiny. Not to mention, I like the Notch-Eared Pichu's sprite better as well, and like I mentioned the ear was done very nicely. This is one Pokémon I won't mind having walk along side me in the game as it is pretty original from other Pichus.

1: I pity the poor fool who has to wear the Pichu costume.

2:If you look at the new map you can see the entrance into the temple where the event with Arceus takes place , it's at the bottom of Mt.Silver.

3:My theory about Cynthia being a time lord or deity seems to be gaining ground.

It is strange how you conclude the location to be at the bottom. As it is very clear [if this is Mt. Silver] that there may be more to it than before. For one, it is already shown Johto is expanded, and this doesn't exclude the caves and mountains either. The snow situated in the area and the way Mt. Silver was portrayed with ice caps gives good evidence of it, but I believe the area may be further into the mountain rather than exactly at the bottom.

As for Cynthia, she's a Champion, so she is prone to having the ability to travel. As the game says, trainers travel and experience an adventure. Not to forget that in the anime and the games Cynthia has interest in the three Deities and the folklore legend of it all. So, it makes sense Cynthia appears, but how she plays a role in all of it will be interesting.

Knowing as how Arceus brings birth to one of the three, the egg is more than likely it. So, this will be an interesting experience to actually hatch either a Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina. The event looks intriguing and the idea of having so many Unowns come about is simply applauding. GameFreak definitely found a great attraction for the game players and it seems as though they've extended the research on the Sinnoh legendaries with this basic connection.

As for the guy in the Pichu costume, I feel sorry for him as he must feel very hot in all of that.

Years
    I have no doubts that it's Mt. Silver, but what I find questionable is how you conclude it's at that location.

And Cynthia's forever an enigma, but it's not like she's shown sticking around the League all the time.

The new map shows a large path up to Mt. Silver covered in snow. The very base of the mountain is obscured by clouds. Why would they obscure the base of the mountain in clouds if the entrance to the temple is anywhere else?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Given what we know, would it be hard to conclude that it's the birth of a Pokémon there? The official website mentions the birth of either Giratina, Dialga or Palkia.
    Pretty sure that's what it is (heck, the level 1 thing also works with the egg).

And the map does suggets that's Indigo Plateau there... =/

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I'm going to pre order the movie for sure now (But not watch it)

Areceus event is awesome. With the unknown flying around epic!

It isn't if you pre-order the movie that allows you to earn the Pichu. In Japan if you pre-order tickets to see the movie then you'd get a Pikachu-Colored Pichu if you bring your game along. Once you trade it over to the new remakes and bring it to the Ilex Forest, then it'll activate the Notch Eared Pichu event. After this, I believe you will be able to capture it. For the US, I would expect the Pikachu Colored event to be held in a Toys 'R Us Store like with the Shaymin event before the 11th movie had been released on aire. So, with the Pichu and possibly the Arceus it can both be likely for DPPt, and then afterwards make the trade to the English remakes [we'll see how it all turns out].

However, I agree the Arceus event looks eye catching and the Unown just adds on to the glory. As for the eggs, it is a pretty obvious thing to note that it may one of the three Deities, especially knowing they'll be at level one beforehand.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Is there an event for the arceus cuz i thought I heard that there is one DPP and then do you trade it over to HG/SS to access this event?

Years
    If the locations really match up with Gold/Silver's original Kanto map, shouldn't we be considering (and thinking this, I've made a grave error in my previous posts about what the snowy mountain really is) the idea that the Indigo Plateau is at the foot of this snowy mountain?[/QUOTE]

I'll bet people are getting annoyed at this discussion X_X.

I assumed that the snowy mountain was Mt. Silver because it's silver coloured, and the area that we entered in G/S/C was just part of the range where Mt.Silver was located(hence the name "Silver Cave" and not "Mt. Silver"). Also the Bulbapedia article about the Pokemon world that we know and love in relation to the real world that we know and hate says that Mt.Silver is supposed to be an expy of Mt. Kilaminjaro. That snowy mountain certainly looks like Mt. Kilaminjaro to me.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Seeing Gizamimi, I wonder if its evolved forms will also have notched ears. Its also been confirmed in a translation that the Pikachu colored Pichu can still evolve and activate this event.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Apparently the temple of this new Arceus event is called the "Shinto Temple". Shinto relating to japenese religion and god related things. Also, its unlocked when taking Arceus to the Ruins of Alph.

SDODC13

Psychic Lover
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Dec 10, 2023
    It so sounds like they are butchering the music T_T I was looking forward to the soundtrack. It's my favorite one. T_T

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The battle musicc sounds pretty amazing if you ask me. If that is the musiic you were talking about.

Back