• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon Horoscope

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
Years
  • Taken directly from Pokemon Black/White's television, this thread is all about the official Unova Pokemon Horoscope. For those of you who aren't aware, in those particular games there is a program on the television which tells the official Unova Pokemon that represents each horoscope.

This thread is for people to find out what their Pokemon Horoscope representative is, and to ask...

How do you feel about the Pokemon you have representing you?
    Is there a Unova Pokemon you feel suits your horoscope better?
    Do you ever use your lucky item?
    What Pokemon do you think would represent horoscopes for other regions?
    Would you like to see Pokemon get more involved in horoscopes in the future?

The horoscope is simplified, so it might not necessarily match up with your normal Western Zodiac sign, as rather than specific dates it's just months. It is as follows...

Month: January
    Pokemon: Sawsbuck
    Lucky Item: White Flute
    Relation: Capricorn

Month: February
    Pokemon: Simipour
    Lucky Item: Mail
    Relation: Aquarius

Month: March
    Pokemon: Alomomola
    Lucky Item: Hard Stone
    Relation: Pisces

Month: April
    Pokemon: Whimsicott
    Lucky Item: Hyper Potion
    Relation: Aries

Month: May
    Pokemon: Bouffalant
    Lucky Item: X Attack
    Relation: Taurus

Month: June
    Pokemon: Klink
    Lucky Tip: Use a slow Pokemon
    Relation: Gemini

Month: July
    Pokemon: Crustle
    Lucky Item: Dowsing Machine
    Relation: Cancer

Month: August
    Pokemon: Braviary
    Lucky Item: Calcium
    Relation: Leo

Month: September
    Pokemon: Gothorita
    Lucky Item: Xtransceiver
    Relation: Virgo

Month: October
    Pokemon: Lampent
    Lucky Item: Choice Scarf
    Relation: Libra

Month: November
    Pokemon: Scolipede
    Lucky Item: White Herb
    Relation: Scorpio

Month: December
    Pokemon: Fraxure
    Lucky Item: Poke'Ball
    Relation: Sagittarius

Years
  • Month: October
    Pokemon: Lampent
    Lucky Item: Choice Scarf
    Relation: Libra

I'm actually happy with Lampent representing me, since I do love the Litwick line a lot, being one of my fave Fire and Ghost-types of all time.

No, Lampent looks pretty much perfect.

I only used a Choice Scarf once, probably because I'm not a keen competitive player.

Yes I would! I liked this little feature in 5th Gen and I would so want to see it return.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well, I have Alohomora Alomomola representing me, which I think is okay. But that's mostly because there aren't too many other fish pokemon out there in general that I actually would mind representing that particular horoscope, much less one from Unova. I mean, it could have been a Basculin or a Stunfisk instead...yikes.

Yeah, I'll gladly take the Alomomola in that case.

As for the item, I don't think I've ever had a use for a Hard Stone. That's one of those items that I would get, and then never use because I've totally forgotten I had it. I had to go look it up just now to even see what it did, I forgot that much about it.

And I wouldn't mind seeing pokemon games get more involved in horoscopes in the future. Just a little "for fun" thing, why not.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Month: April
    Yes! One of my top 3 favorite Pokemon.

I have rarely used my lucky item because by the time my Pokemon need Hyper Potion I can afford Full Restore. I also like using Soda Pop and Lemonade instead because they're cheap.

I'm actually a Taurus unless if anything has changed recently. So, Tauros or Bouffalant for me. :p

Years
  • My Result:
    Month: April

Since I am Taurus naturally, it is a little odd that I'm paired with a Whimsicott, I feel that either Tauros or Buffalant would be a better choice. However, Whimsicott are adorable so I'm okay with it.

Well when put that way I'd rather choose the Winter Sawsbuck since I absolutely love deer. That would be my TOP choice.

Always. I couldn't keep my team healthy and happy without it.

Unsure of what to answer here.

Yes! I think that is an excellent idea!!

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Month: April
    Relation: Aries​

It's amazing! I love Whimsicott and I'm glad I got it as my horoscope.

Nope~

Indeed! Hyper Potions are essentials for elites like me (along with Full Restores). Way way better than X Attack or slow pokemon lol.

Aries for Johto is definitely Ampharos. Luvdisc for Pisces babies in Hoenn. And I think Starmie is a perfect fit for Gemini.

Why not? It's a lovely addition; a new breath of trivia. And honestly it doesn't hurt the games at all.

Last edited:

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
    Years
  • How do you feel about the Pokemon you have representing you?
    Aweeesome. Braviary is one of the, if not the, best pokemon from Unova in my humblest of opinions. I love the ferocity and bravery it represents, and I think that's kind of like me in some ways.
    Naw dawg
    I will occasionally use calciums in play throughs when I have it, but it's not something I've ever felt attached to / liked especially.
    Perhaps Linoone, although that might be inaccurate because it's just because he's my favorite pokemon >.<
    Oh yeah

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!
    Years
  • Month: June
    Pokemon: Klink
    Lucky Tip: Use a slow Pokemon
    Relation: Gemini

Eh.

I can't really think of one.

June gets a lucky tip, but no, I don't think I've deliberately used it, haha. I've used slow Pokemon before, but not deliberately. I don't go out and say "hey, I'm gonna go get a slow Pokemon today!" xD

Since June is recognized as Gemini in this case, I guess the Pokemon that come in pairs. Plusle & Minun come to mind for Hoenn and the male and female versions of Meowstic do for Kalos.

Sure, why not?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'm April so unfortunately Whimsicott, even though I should be Tauros! Hyper Potion is okay but... I mean Full Restore is SO much better! I very rarely use my lucky item though because I always use Full Restores :(

Years
  • Month: September

Good! Its an honor to receive Gothorita, she is the star of one of my favorite Creepy Pastas, a story I read called Ever Black. More importantly psychic is an incredible typing and yielded some of the best teammates I have worked with over the years Alakazam, Espeon, Latios, Azelf. As a person who daydreams, uses her imagination and needs time for reflection I think the psychic typing reflects that impulse well. I also do read about astrology, numerology, tarot etc as hobbg, so that is technically divination, what a psychic does.

While it was actually Reunculus that I used in Unova rather than the Gothita line, Gothorita and her evolutions are all fine pokemon and a better representation of Virgo the maiden with her feminine, human-like characteristics and the serious attributes associated with people born under this sign. I also by coincidence am tall, dark and like fashion so Gothitelle probably is what I would evolve into. My stats would likely look something like this too, more specially defensive. Gets better, frends have teased me so much for wearing black and not enough colors, it was a habit that it took years to get out off.

Yes, and no. I think Gothorita probably is the best representation of where I fall in western calendar, but I actually identify with my Chinese horoscope most of all, which would make me a Dragon. Dragon is my favorite Pokemon type, I love their magic, nobility and strength and all of my favorite Pokemon if not actually Dragon types will still fall within this egg group. Unova is a region that I love passionately because its crawling with dragon Pokemon. The Unova Pokemon that would suit me best according to the Eastern calendar is Haxorus, which I received on a personality quiz. It was a Pokemon that I really cared about acquiring and I indeed used late game. I think its earth toned coloration reflects my dark appearance and the environments. Its personality is like me too.

"They are kind but can be relentless when defending territory." - Pokemon Black.

I think its required for story progression so yes. Still, I *did* utilize it beyond that though. I would dial Bianca on it because I enjoyed her sweet nature and I wanted to know if my Pokemon were happy and if I had maxed out the evs.

Hoenn is my favorite region, looking for a Pokemon with similar human-like and girlish attributes that embody Virgo, the only human woman in the Zodiac, I would pick Gardevoir. In fact I am almost certain that a fan artist did use draw Gardy as a representation of Virgo once. Her dress in mega form, particularly the shiny variety is one I would totally purchase by the way. My haircut is something like that too...just not green, regular brunette hair.

Can't you tell?

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    Well my birth month being January I have Sawsbuck, which I would be perfectly fine with if my actual Western Zodiac sign wasn't Aquarius. I don't even remeber what the white flute does honestly.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Alomomola? no. No ahhaha. Not at all relating.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • Month: September

Gothorita is actually not among my favorite Pokemon; but I can't deny it suits me, what with its dark aesthetic, subtle eeriness, affinity for starlight and u n n e r v i n g s t a r e.
    Actually, yeah - Lilligant! Virgo is associated with nature/earth and is often symbolized by a maiden carrying wheat; Lilligant is a plant. It seems to represent "purity and innocence" a bit better than Gothorita...And didn't one of its Pokedex entries talk about how, when it finds a male to be its partner, the flower on its head darkens and withers away? How is this not a thing?!
    Eeehhh...not really? I mainly remember picking up the dropped XTransceiver in Black 2, and being so excited about the sidequest with Curtis; but then being underwhelmed because he didn't actually call me that often. LOL
    Ooh, I'll make a list!
    Kanto: Chansey
    Johto: Bellossom
    Hoenn: Gardevoir
    Sinnoh: Roserade
    Kalos: Floette
    Alola: Lurantis
    Yessss, I love symbolic stuff like this!!

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
    Years
  • Alomomola? no. No ahhaha. Not at all relating.
    Spoiler:

Month: December
    Pokemon: Fraxure
    Lucky Item: Poke'Ball
    Relation: Sagittarius
    I don't know... I think I'm quite neutral :tongue-poke:.
    One thing that bothers me is that, accordingly to Prof.Astropoff I ought be more... polite?
    Really, I try being as gentle as I can and never make use of any rough words! Not to mention
    how I have issues relating with others, starting a conversation and can't even make eye contact
    with anyone! Gee, give me a break -.-""". The astrologist also defines me as a hard worker who
    can accomplish anything... Well, running errands and contributing with a few household chores
    isn't really a problem, and since I'm a fussy I tend to be a perfectionist, in fact I take quite a long
    time to spread butter, marmelade, honey or chocolate spread onto a bread slice, and I'm NOT satisfied
    until I manage to have the whole slice under a thin, homogeneous layer, with no spot left blank...
    I trouble myself so much spreading stuff on a slice of bread and yet it has been almost a whole
    year since I promised myself to make a fan-game and thus far I'm not even properly trying...
    How shameful...
    Well, at least I'm getting better at driving license quizzes!

Amongst the ones from the horoscope? No clue.
    Actually, I'm not too sure how to represent myself with a single pokémon either. However, if we
    look within ourselves and examine the possible symbolisms of each pokémon, we could make
    teams that somehow represent who we are or who we wish to be, what's true and what's ideal(see what I did here?).
    This info could even inspire us to design one character or more. Remember how Silver/Gold/Heart/Soul/Black/Rival
    (aka red haired boy) had a golbat who evolved into crobat, showing the character's development?
    Or how gladion has a team of pokémon evolved through friendship values?
    This could be taken to a whole new level, let me do some digging and analisys...
    *miniremo noises* WALL OF TEXT LAUNCHED!
    Spoiler:

Well, who didn't use poké balls? Oh, the regular ones?
    Meh, I'm more into the other variants, with their specifications,
    animations and more variegated appearance. Thinking about it, it
    has been a while since I've thrown pokéballs... last time I went
    for a capture things were a bit different...
    CAPTURE ON!
    Wait *brakes screeching* thinking about it, there's pokémon Shuffle and
    pokémon GO... shuffle however forces us to use a pokéball, and on GO
    things work a bit differently...

Don't you mean generations? There's loads of side-game(+2 anime) regions that tend to be forgotten...
    Not to mention the fact we don't have a rather clear idea on how regions work... some fans
    portray regions as countries, some others as territorial administrative entities part of
    something bigger, and there's several things that favour one side or the other.
    Aside that, do you mean counterparts to the pokémon representing the sign or other
    pokémon that could represent said sign? If the latter, three viable options would
    be ponyta and rapidash(which also happened to be fire types, and sagittarius is a fire sign)
    or absol, since they stand on four, have a rather human-like face and feature a scythe
    on the forehead as well as the tail.

Would you like to see Pokémon get more involved in horoscopes in the future?
    Certainly, but why limit ourselves to just that? I'd really enjoy
    if we could get to know symbolisms attributed to the various
    pokémon... can you imagine a canon poké-heraldry?
    Oh... you've checked the wall of text above, didn't you?

Last edited:
    Back