• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ideas/Creation Thread

Years
  • Hi, this is the place where you can post your own ideas/creations about Pokemon such as abilities, items, moves, stats, types/typing etc. This thread was inspired from "Create A Pokemon! Thread" which is sorta dead.*tear* BUT, now that we've this thread, feel free to post your creativity! ^^

RULES
    1. All PC and PG rules apply.
    2. No spriting requests. Of course, if you want to do art for a person's idea, go ahead but no requests.
    3. Avoid making flawless Pokemon or something 'as mighty as Arceus if not better'. That isn't creative enough.

Otherwise, have fun. I would also be posting my ideas here. :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2011
    I was thinking about this today actually, I would love to see a Bug / Dragon type. Just thinking about how creative they could be with it, either that or make a different Dragon Dual Type...

Steel / Dragon could be amazing
    Bug / Dragon would be brilliant
    Fighting / Dragon would be epic
    Psychic / Dragon (I sense one coming in the next generation as a counter to Hydreigon)

So many cool things could come out of making Dragons.

I was also love a Electric / Fire type ^.^

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I was thinking about this today actually, I would love to see a Bug / Dragon type. Just thinking about how creative they could be with it, either that or make a different Dragon Dual Type...

Steel / Dragon could be amazing
    Bug / Dragon would be brilliant
    Fighting / Dragon would be epic
    Psychic / Dragon (I sense one coming in the next generation as a counter to Hydreigon)

So many cool things could come out of making Dragons.

I was also love a Electric / Fire type ^.^

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I'd love to see a poison-type legendary. In particular, I want a huge, more epic, and more metallic version of Garbodor as a Poison/Steel-type legendary that stands to embody the dark side of humanity's corruption and pollution of nature, kinda like a counterpart to Shaymin and/or Celebi who are the guardians of nature itself.

I actually do have a sketch of this idea sitting around my bedroom somewhere, but I can't find it. T_T

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2011
    Wow, I'm dumb, I totally forgot about those guys.
    I want non-legendary ones though, and they could look so much cooler than that ^.^

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • As a ghost fan, I'd REALLY want a ghost / fighting legendary pokemon. :3 That knows Close Combat / Shadow ball, so maybe it could be like a physical or mixed attacker. Maybe that pokemon could stand for the "physical forms" of ghost pokemon; why they have ghost-like characteristics as opposed to them being actualy spirits, and maybe like a pokemon representing the afterlife of pokemon, so it'll be like the opposite of Arceus, almost.

Years
  • @Miss Doronjo: Maybe a zombie-based Pokemon?

How I love all of your ideas and thoughts. They're all so fascinating and interesting. Here's an idea I have thought of and made. It's based on a pumpkin.

Pummelkin
    Pummel Pokemon
    It lies in wait for its victims and suddenly lunges out and pounds them with its thick vines. It has a mischievous nature.
    Type: Grass/Dark
    Ability: Anger Point/ Intimidate
    EV Yield: 1 Attack Point

Stats
    Base stats
    HP: 60
    Attack: 75
    Defense: 65
    Special Attack: 55
    Special Defense: 65
    Speed: 55
    Total: 375

Learnset
    By leveling up

S--Pound
    S--Growth
    S--Leer
    4--Absorb
    7--Rage
    10--Leech Seed
    14--Vine Whip
    18--Faint Attack
    23--Ingrain
    26--Pursuit
    30--Swagger
    34--Seed Bomb
    39--Nasty Plot
    44--Sucker Punch
    48--Wood Hammer
    54--Dark Pulse

Evolution Line
    Pummelkin evolves to Cackloween at Level 37.

Cackloween
    Evil Pumpkin Pokemon
    It's eerie cackle strikes fear and pandemonium into the hearts of people. At night, a strange light within its body glows. It uses the pumpkins on its vines to pound its prey.
    Type: Grass/Dark
    Ability: Anger Point/ Intimidate
    EV Yield: 2 Attack Points

Stats
    Base stats
    HP: 75
    Attack: 100
    Defense: 85
    Special Attack: 80
    Special Defense: 75
    Speed: 75
    Total: 490

Learnset
    By leveling up
    S--Leer
    S--Absorb
    S--Rage
    S--Leech Seed
    6--Vine Whip
    11--Faint Attack
    14--Ingrain
    19--Swagger
    22--Pursuit
    30--Seed Bomb
    35--Punishment
    38--Nasty Plot
    44--Sucker Punch
    49--Wood Hammer
    56--Dark Pulse

Evolution Line
    Cackloween evolves from Pummelkin at Level 37.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    i have liked pokemon for sometime my most resent one is a twist on riolu it is set more to psychic moves its name is oluteko O lute ko a oluteko can only be born from a riolu egg that hatches in a special location that i have not made yet it is slightly taller and heavier than a riolu it is 2 ft9 in tall and 48.8 lbs. its ability is overflow its ability lets its sp atk psy moves increase in power and acc increase to but at the cost of more and more pp each turn i will skip the moves i made for now and go to the history i made for it HISTORY the first documented sighting of this pokemon was on film 60 years ago by professor Oaks father but was never caught the professor was able to gain its trust after months of trying to befriend it 1 week after befriending oluteko it lost control of its overflow ability wile defending itself from a nidorino it disappeared in a large explosion severly wounding the nidorino and charing the land years later a similar a oluteko is found injered and is taken to

continued to professor Oak only to runaway after a failed pokenaping by a team rocket grunt 2 weeks later pokedex info oluteko this pokemon is known to be very Distrusting it uses its psychic powers to avoid pokemon and people that are giveing off a hostel aura many things on this pokemon remain unknown.

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • What's always interested me is weird type combinations like Gligar/Stunfisk etc. So whatever new creations I made would be like Ice/Fire, Water/Fire and Grass/Fire. And they'd be llamas. Just because. But they could be the LEGENDARY LLAMAS! ZOMG! Brainstorm...

Excuse me while I go call Nintendo to ask for copyright protection!

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    As a ghost fan, I'd REALLY want a ghost / fighting legendary pokemon. :3 That knows Close Combat / Shadow ball, so maybe it could be like a physical or mixed attacker. Maybe that pokemon could stand for the "physical forms" of ghost pokemon; why they have ghost-like characteristics as opposed to them being actualy spirits, and maybe like a pokemon representing the afterlife of pokemon, so it'll be like the opposite of Arceus, almost.
    This is what I want, basically. A ghost type legendary that represents the afterlife of Pokemon, like the "Arceus" of ghosts.

Back