• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pokemon ideas for eevee evolutions

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2022
    Hello everyone I really like Eevee and Eevee evolutions. I've got some ideas to improve them. First of all I think it would be great to have an evolution for every type and it also sounds cool for them to be able to mega evolve e.g. mega Flareon.

Thanks and tell me if you have any ideas, feedback or a way to contact the Pokemon company.

soulzzii

We don't wanna watch the news, we just read statem
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2023
    i admitely love eeveelutions so of course i would have something to talk about this lol
    im not sure if i would like en eeveelution of each type, for sure, i want more eeveelutions, but it leaves me to think about how certain types would work
    like fighting, except falinks (and that one zamacenta form iirc) so it would be interesting to see how it would go, im guessing maybe a design that refences masked fighters, like hawlucha.
    i would love an ghost type eeveelution, guessing they could either go for something more spirit-like (like Haunter, Runerigus and spiritomb) or maybe doll-like (Bannete and Mimikyu)
    In the GS demo, Umbreon was a poison type, so it wouldnt be impossible to have one, now that umbreon deisgn is used for a dark type one, i wonder how they would go about making a poison type.
    a dragon type would be interesting, guess they could do something like appleturn? theres a high chance it would fly so no need for a flying type one.
    For mega evolutions, as much as i love them, i dont see them makign a comeback on the franchise any time until a gen 6 remakes, and even then, were not sure if there would be any new megas (which i hope so, a lot of galar pokes would make for sick megas) however, eevee got a dynamax form which is adorable! and its pretty much confirmed it has the new Scalert and VIolet gimmmick.
    i guess thats what i have to say for now. Sylveons are awesome, i love them.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Hello everyone I really like Eevee and Eevee evolutions. I've got some ideas to improve them. First of all I think it would be great to have an evolution for every type and it also sounds cool for them to be able to mega evolve e.g. mega Flareon.

Thanks and tell me if you have any ideas, feedback or a way to contact the Pokemon company.

Hey, welcome to the forums! Please stick around and enjoy your stay.

As for my opinion though, to be honest, I don't think Eevee needs anymore evolutions. lol It already has way too many in my opinion.

soulzzii

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2023
    Hey, welcome to the forums! Please stick around and enjoy your stay.

As for my opinion though, to be honest, I don't think Eevee needs anymore evolutions. lol It already has way too many in my opinion.
    even i gotta agree that one for every type would be overwhelming and maybe it could get useless? i saw some people make an normal type eeveelution for eevee, and while the art isnt bad, it jsut dosent make sense lol

However, i would never say it has too many eeveelutions, for me, game freak did a really great job on their design and not only they are great designed but they are perfect! they are really cool and i will cherish them forever 💞
    Man, i really love them, no wonder why i wouldnt mind one more lol
    thank you game freak for those amazing pokemons <3

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • even i gotta agree that one for every type would be overwhelming and maybe it could get useless? i saw some people make an normal type eeveelution for eevee, and while the art isnt bad, it jsut dosent make sense lol

However, i would never say it has too many eeveelutions, for me, game freak did a really great job on their design and not only they are great designed but they are perfect! they are really cool and i will cherish them forever 💞
    Man, i really love them, no wonder why i wouldnt mind one more lol
    thank you game freak for those amazing pokemons <3

I just feel that making an Eeveelution for every type would be a waste of space for new Pokémon or older Pokémon from other generations. Sure, each of those Pokémon that Eevee evolves from would technically be considered new, but making a ton of Eeveelutions isn't exactly original. Also, I agree, a Normal-type one would be pointless. I do have a question for you though. If you could have one more Eeveelution, what type would you want it to be?

soulzzii

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2023
    I just feel that making an Eeveelution for every type would be a waste of space for new Pokémon or older Pokémon from other generations. Sure, each of those Pokémon that Eevee evolves from would technically be considered new, but making a ton of Eeveelutions isn't exactly original.
    I feel like at one point some wouldnt make sense - like having a rock type and a ground type eeveelution? i prefer to keep with not having that much, lol
    Also, I agree, a Normal-type one would be pointless. I do have a question for you though. If you could have one more Eeveelution, what type would you want it to be?
    this is hard... i guess ghost type? even though Umbreon kinda already works for it, the types that i could see getting one are Ghost, Poison, Dragon, maybe steel? the other types i just dont see it as much lol
    Also heres a fun fact: the term eeveelution was initially a unofficional fan-made term, who was made official after its use on TCG and Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia!

Years
  • Given Eevee's unstable DNA, only an Eevee that wouldn't be exposed to any of the things that make it evolve in the current eeveelutions otherwise could potentially become a Normal type evolution.
    Out of sheer curiosity I would personally like to see what that would look like.

Anyway on topic, I wouldn't give them mega's. Mega's have already been ditched by GF anyway.
    I'd give it a Normal/Ghost regional form, which would evolve into several new single typed eeveelutions. Going from a dual type to a single type upon evolving is rare, but it's happened before (Bellossom).

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I wouldn't mind seeing more Eeveelutions (give me my poodle moth Eevee!), but Umbreon's poisonous glands make it difficult to imagine us getting an Eevee of every type. Giving each of them a dual-type form/evolution could be a thing though, or even regional variants with different types (like the Galarian bird trio). I agree that (most of) the Eeveelutions could use some kind of buff.

I think I prefer them keeping a pure typing, but here are some potential dual- or alternate typing ideas:

Eevee: (Normal)/Ground (Field egg group, previously known as Ground egg group—could instead be reserved for a future Normal-type Eeveelution)
    Vaporeon: (Water)/Dragon (has gills and ridges on its back like some dragons)
    Jolteon: (Electric)/Fighting (only Eeveelution to learn a Fighting-type move naturally)
    Flareon: (Fire)/Ghost (ghostly fire)
    Espeon: (Psychic)/Flying (reads air currents)
    Umbreon: (Dark)/Poison (poisonous glands)
    Leafeon: (Grass)/Steel (sharpens tail like a sword)
    Glaceon: (Ice)/Rock (diamonds?)
    Sylveon: (Fairy)/Bug (bows look like butterflies)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    If a ghost type eevee exists maybe it could be called Ghouleon.

Considering the morbid dex entries for ghost types, I'd like to see what they come up with.

Maybe something like "The evolution process has faulted this eevee. All that remains is a hollow spirit".

soulzzii

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2023
    I wouldn't mind seeing more Eeveelutions (give me my poodle moth Eevee!), but Umbreon's poisonous glands make it difficult to imagine us getting an Eevee of every type. Giving each of them a dual-type form/evolution could be a thing though, or even regional variants with different types (like the Galarian bird trio). I agree that (most of) the Eeveelutions could use some kind of buff.

I think I prefer them keeping a pure typing, but here are some potential dual- or alternate typing ideas:

Eevee: (Normal)/Ground (Field egg group, previously known as Ground egg group—could instead be reserved for a future Normal-type Eeveelution)
    Vaporeon: (Water)/Dragon (has gills and ridges on its back like some dragons)
    Jolteon: (Electric)/Fighting (only Eeveelution to learn a Fighting-type move naturally)
    Flareon: (Fire)/Ghost (ghostly fire)
    Espeon: (Psychic)/Flying (reads air currents)
    Umbreon: (Dark)/Poison (poisonous glands)
    Leafeon: (Grass)/Steel (sharpens tail like a sword)
    Glaceon: (Ice)/Rock (diamonds?)
    Sylveon: (Fairy)/Bug (bows look like butterflies)
    this list... is interesting... its just that... i dont see it for a lot of them?
    i could go about how them being monotype is kinda their mechanic but let me break down for you:
    Eevee: apart from it having brown color... i dont think it has any similarity with the ground type, i could see it being Fairy type, but ground type? not really, the egg group isnt that convincing.
    Vaporeon: im so confused, isnt gills something fish have? i mean ok, some dragon types may have it too, but it just dosent make sense to put a fish on the same category.
    Jolteon: i dont really see the argument here. i mean, it also learns a bug attack (pin missile) woudnt that put it on bug type?
    Flareon: i dont know what a ghostly fire is, so i cant say much here.
    Espeon: i think its much more something psychic related than flying type if im being honest
    Leafeon: for me its more about some type of leafs being very sharp.
    Glaceon: the same argument could go into other pokemon, Duraludon could be seen as similar to a diamond and dosent has ice or rock typying. plus Glaceon really just dont has much do with diamonds, maybe the colors of course but still.
    Sylveon: for me, this has to be the one that just dosent make sense at all, i say this as an diehard Sylveon fan, you could maybe say Fairy/Psychic because it has feelers to sense how their trainers are feeing, similar to some Psychic pokemon, but Bug just dosent sit right to me... especially because of the explanation here... its Bowtie? for me its just a normal bowtie, really.
    sorry if this came out harsh, i just wanted to put down what i though about the list lol
    ------------------------------
    If a ghost type eevee exists maybe it could be called Ghouleon.

Considering the morbid dex entries for ghost types, I'd like to see what they come up with.

Maybe something like "The evolution process has faulted this eevee. All that remains is a hollow spirit".
    Maybe Spireon? (comes from spitit + eon) i gotta say, its kinda hard to come up with names.
    that pokedex thought, its really good! would love seeing it being official!

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • this list... is interesting... its just that... i dont see it for a lot of them?
    i could go about how them being monotype is kinda their mechanic but let me break down for you:
    Eevee: apart from it having brown color... i dont think it has any similarity with the ground type, i could see it being Fairy type, but ground type? not really, the egg group isnt that convincing.
    Vaporeon: im so confused, isnt gills something fish have? i mean ok, some dragon types may have it too, but it just dosent make sense to put a fish on the same category.
    Jolteon: i dont really see the argument here. i mean, it also learns a bug attack (pin missile) woudnt that put it on bug type?
    Flareon: i dont know what a ghostly fire is, so i cant say much here.
    Espeon: i think its much more something psychic related than flying type if im being honest
    Leafeon: for me its more about some type of leafs being very sharp.
    Glaceon: the same argument could go into other pokemon, Duraludon could be seen as similar to a diamond and dosent has ice or rock typying. plus Glaceon really just dont has much do with diamonds, maybe the colors of course but still.
    Sylveon: for me, this has to be the one that just dosent make sense at all, i say this as an diehard Sylveon fan, you could maybe say Fairy/Psychic because it has feelers to sense how their trainers are feeing, similar to some Psychic pokemon, but Bug just dosent sit right to me... especially because of the explanation here... its Bowtie? for me its just a normal bowtie, really.
    I'm not saying to make Vaporeon Water/Dragon, Jolteon Electric/Fighting, etc. I prefer the pure typings too, especially since their Chinese names make them sound like elemental spirits. These are just the combinations/alt. types that made the most sense to me if I had to force each of the remaining types on imaginary Megas, regional forms, etc. of the existing Eevees, inspired by Umbreon having both Dark and Poison characteristics. It's not too hard to imagine Vaporeon getting whiskers and a longer body or Sylveon getting sentient bows that flutter around it.

Of course, I was going more by aesthetics and dex entries than what would actually benefit them the most. Ice/Rock is actually a pretty unfortunate combination.

(Ghostly fire = wisps, hitodamas, etc.)

Last edited:

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • I feel like at one point some wouldnt make sense - like having a rock type and a ground type eeveelution? i prefer to keep with not having that much, lol

this is hard... i guess ghost type? even though Umbreon kinda already works for it, the types that i could see getting one are Ghost, Poison, Dragon, maybe steel? the other types i just dont see it as much lol
    Also heres a fun fact: the term eeveelution was initially a unofficional fan-made term, who was made official after its use on TCG and Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia!

A Ghost-type Eeveelution doesn't sound bad at all. What would its name be?

Years
    • Age 19
    • she
    • SC
    • Seen Feb 2, 2023
    I would be perfectly fine if we never got a new Eevee.....
    ......That being said, I would KILL for this one to be official.

Spoiler:

soulzzii

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2023
    I'm not saying to make Vaporeon Water/Dragon, Jolteon Electric/Fighting, etc. I prefer the pure typings too, especially since their Chinese names make them sound like elemental spirits. These are just the combinations/alt. types that made the most sense to me if I had to force each of the remaining types on imaginary Megas, regional forms, etc. of the existing Eevees, inspired by Umbreon having both Dark and Poison characteristics. It's not too hard to imagine Vaporeon getting whiskers and a longer body or Sylveon getting sentient bows that fly around it.

Of course, I was going more by aesthetics and dex entries than what would actually benefit them the most. Ice/Rock is actually a pretty unfortunate combination.

(Ghostly fire = wisps, hitodamas, etc.)
    i know thats not what you were saying, just that the types dint make much sense to me xd
    Sylveon getting sentient bows that fly around it.
    i guess its not impossible but still a bit cursed, like the fact that sylveon feelers are pratically flesh lol
    A Ghost-type Eeveelution doesn't sound bad at all. What would its name be?
    lets see,
    Vestigeon
    Remnanteon
    Polterion
    Daemenon
    Haunteon
    Wraitheon
    im not that good with names, i pratically googled related words to ghost and went from there (btw, sylveon comes from sylph- a female spirit in ancient stories who lived in the air - often related to fairies)
    I want a bug type eeveelution. Bug is my favorite type so I was thinking a bee or butterfly themed Eevee evolution
    wouldnt be bad i suppose but Leafeon already kinda makes up for a bug type eeveelution.
    That is a very adorable design, but what type would that be?
    Flying! i like how that design isnt just a normal eeveelution with wings on.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • i know thats not what you were saying, just that the types dint make much sense to me xd

i guess its not impossible but still a bit cursed, like the fact that sylveon feelers are pratically flesh lol

lets see,
    Vestigeon
    Remnanteon
    Polterion
    Daemenon
    Haunteon
    Wraitheon
    im not that good with names, i pratically googled related words to ghost and went from there (btw, sylveon comes from sylph- a female spirit in ancient stories who lived in the air - often related to fairies)

wouldnt be bad i suppose but Leafeon already kinda makes up for a bug type eeveelution.

Flying! i like how that design isnt just a normal eeveelution with wings on.

It looks really nice and those are creative names.

ShadowLugia111

Birb Obsessed
    Years
  • I think if there were a Flying-type Eeveelution, it should be called Grypheon. And it would be gryphon-like, obviously. :D

Also, I remember a time when a Normal-type Eeveelution called Eeveeon was a popular idea... honestly not a very interesting one though.

virtualpet

The Anomaly's Mewtwo
    Years
  • For awhile we've thought about how cool the concept of Eeveelutions which are known about from historical documents or ancient paintings/writings but the method or item needed to evolve them is completely lost to time.

Back