• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Igneous Red

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • INTRODUCTION -
    Hey guys! I am bitbybyte a fellow hacker in the community of hacking and today I want to make the hack that I am working on public. I have been hacking for a few years now, gathering skills and information as I slowly tried to make some hacks. Today I want to realize that goal and delve into it headfirst!

STORY -
    This story is about a boy/girl who live in Crimson Town. They are raised up by their older sister since there parents died when the protagonist was little. When you turn 15 you are eligible to start a journey around the Soburin Region. You take up on this pursuit of beating the 8 stadiums and particapating in the Regional Cup to become the Champion of the Soburin Region. However, an evil syndicate wants to sabotage the 8 stadiums and rule the Soburin Region, ultimately wanting to take over the whole world. Will you stand up to the task and beat this syndicate while becoming champion or will you succumb to the dark side?

FUNCTIONS - Hope to either be implemented or are already implemented
    -Day/Night Cycle
    -Decision based storyline
    -Fairy-type?
    -More to come as time goes along

POSITIONS - RED FOR AVAILABLE AND BLUE FOR TAKEN
    Mapper
    Scripter
    Sprite Editor
    Beta Testers
    Alpha Testers - [PM me if you want this position]

Screenies -
    Spoiler:

Pokemon Igneous Red

AmazingCharizard

Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
    Years
  • First, SMALLER SCREEN PLEASE! Thanks :)
    Second: The players head doesn't look alright to me...
    Third: Are you going to change the graphics(FR is okay, but if you played it through like I did, every little change is nice at least)?

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    The player's OW sprite looks a bit... off... Your story is nice though, I like it. Also, in my opinion, the screenshots would look better in the daytime, those look a bit hard to see.

Near~

The End is Near...
    Years
  • Great story :D But the entei sprite... whats wrong with it? And as it was mentioned the ow's head is a bit off? Anyways finally a hack with a actual good story(?)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • You are using default FR tiles? That's good but what's the deal with MC?
    He looks pretty ugly... like you messed up his palette.
    I understand you probably sprite'd him that way but if he looks like he's been made by messed up palette he won't be pleasant to play as.

tayub121

Inventor
    Years
  • Hello bitbybyte, I'm Tayub121. I'd be glad to help with maps or sprites.
    Currently I'm working to create my own hack, (Pokemon Aether) as well as assist in creating the 64x64 GEN IV Pokemon Sprite Resource.
    View attachment 71682
    View attachment 71683
    These are two of my original sprites. Honedge is not yet complete, but you get the idea. If you need any sprites, original, or resized/touched up, reach out to me and I'll be happy to help.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    The story seems unique, i'm really looking forward to the Decision Based Storyline. The only thing is Entei looks really bad. As in all the green pixels. What is up with the Players OW? It looks terrible!

Last edited:

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • Okay. A normal Pokemon Story, sounds that stadium is still the gyms for me. Anyways, What's wrong with the screenies?! God, it's biggy D: What happened to Entei.. Poor dog. I think you need a little work with your title screen :P Omg the hero! The hero ow! What happened.. I think you need to fix its ow ^^ I'd like to see more smaller screeny and scripts also your maps. Good luck with this!

Years
  • First, SMALLER SCREEN PLEASE! Thanks :)
    Second: The players head doesn't look alright to me...
    Third: Are you going to change the graphics(FR is okay, but if you played it through like I did, every little change is nice at least)?
    Yes I will indeed change the graphics a bit so it seems like a fresh copy off the plate! :D
    Oh and I know the player doesn't look too "normal" I'll be fixing that up. The sprite didn't come out as...expected.

Years
  • The player's OW sprite looks a bit... off... Your story is nice though, I like it. Also, in my opinion, the screenshots would look better in the daytime, those look a bit hard to see.
    Yeah I noticed that the sprite looks a bit off. I was experimenting with the palette and it came out like that but don't worry this is really early in development so don't worry! The screenshots do look a little hard to see, your right, I'll have to update that sometime soon! Thanks!

Great story :D But the entei sprite... whats wrong with it? And as it was mentioned the ow's head is a bit off? Anyways finally a hack with a actual good story(?)
    I'm saying this quite often but most of the time the game doesn't read the sprite properly enough so it comes out like that. It's happening more often so I will eventually fix that. "A hack with a good story"? It seemed to me simplicity is the key to anything so I didn't overdo it. :D

You are using default FR tiles? That's good but what's the deal with MC?
    He looks pretty ugly... like you messed up his palette.
    I understand you probably sprite'd him that way but if he looks like he's been made by messed up palette he won't be pleasant to play as.
    I may change the default FR tiles if I can figure that out but the MC will be changed don't worry. If anything there will be an entire new look so don't worry too much on that. Not only that but it seems that you like Persona 3 which is an amazing game that I'm almost close to beating but I digress. :D

The story seems unique, i'm really looking forward to the Decision Based Storyline. The only thing is Entei looks really bad. As in all the green pixels. What is up with the Players OW? It looks terrible!
    The decision based storyline was something I thought of when looking at Mass Effect 2 since it was really prominent there but I wanted to up the ante in this game. The decision based storyline will offer you to make good, neutral, and bad choices which will really make you think..."Is this the person I really am?". I know Entei looks like that but there are some problems with the ROM I've got to fix. It's in really early development so it's not going to look too hot but it'll get better!

Okay. A normal Pokemon Story, sounds that stadium is still the gyms for me. Anyways, What's wrong with the screenies?! God, it's biggy D: What happened to Entei.. Poor dog. I think you need a little work with your title screen :P Omg the hero! The hero ow! What happened.. I think you need to fix its ow ^^ I'd like to see more smaller screeny and scripts also your maps. Good luck with this!
    XD
    All these are noted points but the way you wrote this is hilarious (in a good way). You made my day, random person on the internet! This'll get better don't worry!

Last edited by a moderator:

Swathy007

MEGA SCEPTILE
    Years
  • hello bitbybyte i want to be an alpha tester of your hack
    i played many hacks such as
    dark rising
    glazed
    resolute version
    light platinum
    and currently playing dr2

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • This hack thread doesn't fulfil the requirements of the Progressing Hacks forum rules. Please get it up to scratch with 6 eligible screenshots and by bulking up the rest of the thread. If this isn't done then the thread will be moved to the Beginner's Lounge subforum.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back