• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Illusion (Semi-Complete)

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
    Pokemon Illusion
    By Darkdoom3000 (Raonak)

My Introduction.
    Spoiler:

Storyline
    Spoiler:

Features:(all features complete that have a * by them.
    *3 Diffrent Versions- Red, Blue and Green, ehy do what they do in the oraginals, change the pokemon, and change some stuff, like the color of your bedroom walls and other stuff...
    *All pokemon AvalibleYou can get all pokemon one way or the other...
    *Clothes Changing SystemChange your clothes into diffrent colours or change your apperence, from darth vader to a Pac-Man
    *New Style Battle SystemNow you fight instead of your pokemon, hate it or love it, illusion will always have it.
    *Pokegear-A fully working pokegear with lots of fretures..like Trainer Card, Quest Finder, Phone and many more stuff.
    *Pokedex-It has all generations of pokemon in it, though you can only view the pokemon you have caught.
    *Storage system- a big working storage system, only one of each pokemon.
    *Multiple Regions-Yes multiple!!! Raska And Johto, also theres little bits of Kanto and Hoenn, you can also visit the Sevii Islands from Fire Red!!

Plus Many More features..

Completion::

Mapping:
    Raska Region: 100%
    Jotoh Region: 100%
    Kanto Region: 10%(not known if it will be full region.)
    Hoenn Region: 2%(for now only littleroot and meteor falls will be there.)
    Sevii Islands: 70%(all islands are done, but have been shrunk, most caves, forests and routes removed)

Screenshots::

The intro
    Spoiler:

A little slideshow thing.
    Spoiler:

Route 29
    Spoiler:

Pokezoo
    Spoiler:

A double Battle and team rocket!
    Spoiler:

A bit of the clothes changing system:MEGAMAN!
    Spoiler:

The Pokegear!
    Spoiler:

Download the Game from here::https://www.pokemonillusion.bravehost.com/index.html

Last edited:

.:Sam:.

The road goes ever on and on!
    Years
    I just played the Demo and well...It just seems a bit rushed. The CBS needs a lot of improving. Your Pokemon isn't released for starters, the wild enemy attacks the trainer instead of the Pokemon and finally the moving background gives you a headache.

Also your mapping needs improving, it seems you've placed everything randomly on the screen, like the first room is covered in those weird...thingies XD.

Finnaly the NPC's, and you! Move way to fast, you need to slow them down a bit. Other then that the game is coming on well. I love the introduction!

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    Eh... I must agree Tiger778, some of your tiles in your maps are placed randomly... :nervous:

Bruno1440

Fire TRainer
    Years
    As i said before, the game is awsome!! hope you finish it! and try putting some diamond and pearl sprites! if u need anything just talk with me on msn! good luck
    Cya ^^

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
    Years
    I have to agree with the other comments about the game seeming rushed, unfinished, etc. Still, I must say one thing. This is THE MOST COMPLETE homebrew Pokemon fangame that I've seen a demo for. So, despite the bad comments, if you can smooth it out and get it working, it could be one of the first, if not the FIRST complete Pokemon homebrew game here on Pokecommunity. At least the first I've seen. (Sorry to those other project creators, but I still haven't seen a more complete demo from you guys. Probably because you're trying to get everthing perfect before really working on the game itself.)

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    OMG DarkDoom you brought Pokemon Illusion back!! I remember the days where I always got hooked on this :P

none the less, you have just made a kid on these forums very happy :D

MAKE IT BETTER AND KEEP IT GOING!! POKEMON ILLUSION LIVES FOREVER!! :)

Pokéflute

'04er
    Years
    This looks pretty awesome! I love the clothes changing system. Looks very promising and keep up the very good work.

DarkDoom3000

Years
    I have to agree with the other comments about the game seeming rushed, unfinished, etc. Still, I must say one thing. This is THE MOST COMPLETE homebrew Pokemon fangame that I've seen a demo for. So, despite the bad comments, if you can smooth it out and get it working, it could be one of the first, if not the FIRST complete Pokemon homebrew game here on Pokecommunity. At least the first I've seen. (Sorry to those other project creators, but I still haven't seen a more complete demo from you guys. Probably because you're trying to get everthing perfect before really working on the game itself.)
    thanks, lol,

Eh... I must agree Tiger778, some of your tiles in your maps are placed randomly...
    If you want to know the reason scroll down.

good luck to yours project Pokemon Illusion
    Thanks!!

As i said before, the game is awsome!! hope you finish it! and try putting some diamond and pearl sprites! if u need anything just talk with me on msn! good luck
    Cya ^^
    Thanks brouno, <- this the the guy who made me continue on illusion.
    anyway, I might be adding DP sprites, if i have the time.

OMG DarkDoom you brought Pokemon Illusion back!! I remember the days where I always got hooked on this

none the less, you have just made a kid on these forums very happy
    Good to hear! thanks!

MAKE IT BETTER AND KEEP IT GOING!! POKEMON ILLUSION LIVES FOREVER!!

Thanks for the comments everyone, i appreciate(sP?) it

Im playing the game to see any glitches, thich there are probally hundreds of...if you find any can you tell me, ive gotta make this as good as possible..without killing the whole thing....

In the next version im also gonna put a font fix thing...

I just played the Demo and well...It just seems a bit rushed. The CBS needs a lot of improving. Your Pokemon isn't released for starters, the wild enemy attacks the trainer instead of the Pokemon and finally the moving background gives you a headache.

Also your mapping needs improving, it seems you've placed everything randomly on the screen, like the first room is covered in those weird...thingies XD.

Finnaly the NPC's, and you! Move way to fast, you need to slow them down a bit. Other then that the game is coming on well. I love the introduction!

Rushed? ive been making this for over a year..lol

The battly system isnt a CBS, its a DBS, a defult battle system of RPGmaker 2003, i didint want to make a CBs cause it takes too long, and I dont think i would have ever even completed a region doing a CBS..call me lazy if ya want. because thats wat i am.
    Dont blame me totaly though, It makes illusion diffrent than most
    fangames..and the trainers fight instead of the pokemon because When I made 365 Characters My RPGmaker froze...and i couldnt test play it.......and besides if i change it...ill have to change a lot of events..

About the randomness, well its my style..
    If you are talking about route 1:: Im trying my best to make everything look more natural..I mean pokemon are not restricted to the grass anymore, so I dont need square patches of them.. its not like theres someone going around and mowing the grass on routes.(or is there?) but ill try to make it less random...if you really care about it.

and if youre talking about the first map the room, theres books around the place cause it reflects me, my messy-ness..... But if want it neat, use the computer to change the room, including changing the room's state from messy to tidy!
    heres a screenie on it..

I always hated in the games how slow you move...I mean if you want it slow, I can provide a option in the intro for Walking speed.... and its the defult speed on RPGmaker...so ...yeah..
    This looks pretty awesome! I love the clothes changing system. Looks very promising and keep up the very good work.
    Yeah one of my fav features is the clothes changing...you can buy clothes from the 2nd floor of the pkmn center..

:) darkdoom....out!

PS: if you are stuck heres mt PI help site! it has a walkthrough!
    https://illusionhelp.bravehost.com/index.html

Last edited:

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
    Years
    Glad to see this game in the Showcase thread again. It may not have a fancy battle system, menu, etc. but it's good at what games are meant for, fun.
    Say, is there any plans to add the 4th gen Pokemon into the mix?

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2007
    Looks pretty good! Im trying the demo, but may i ask y the pokemon are facing diagnolly?

DarkDoom3000

Years
    Thanks, the battle system is flipped because RPGmaker 2003's battle system is that way, its how it is...

Anyway, I seperated all the Sevii Islands, so they are all now in diffrent maps, I cant remeber where in the game you obtain the sevii ticket, so if anyone gets up to there can you tell me..
    Glad to see this game in the Showcase thread again. It may not have a fancy battle system, menu, etc. but it's good at what games are meant for, fun.
    Say, is there any plans to add the 4th gen Pokemon into the mix?
    The 4th generation pokemon, mabye, it might take a while though...Ill need to create another region, Because stuffing in 450+ pokemon in 2 regions might not be good....mabye ill add shinno, but Ill have to play diamond first so i get the hang of the region. Who knows...

If you have any Q's or comments or critims, Post!

Last edited:

Guzv4

Stronger than ever!
    Years
    I have an idea how to improve your battle system. When you attack (e.g. whit charmander) than the fire attcak animation shows. You could put charmanders sprite in that attack animation before the fire shows, so it'll look like charmander is attacking whit fire not the trainer, get it.

DarkDoom3000

Years
    I'm glad Pokemon Illusion is back!
    :)

I have an idea how to improve your battle system. When you attack (e.g. whit charmander) than the fire attcak animation shows. You could put charmanders sprite in that attack animation before the fire shows, so it'll look like charmander is attacking whit fire not the trainer, get it.
    Good idea, I had already thought of that before, I had like100 pkmn done...but i got a deadly viris, reformatting my PC as i said before...all progres was lost...

But I will start that again!, it may take a while...ill post some screenies later of the umm, 'updated' battle system
    Ok, its on!

ALSO:: dose anyone have pictures of pokemon attacks from the game?

DarkDoom3000

Years
    Sorry for the lack of updates, ive been working on the battle system update....ive made about 150 done on the pics...ive just gotta animate them..

Heres a screenie of how its gonna look in battle

Lyzo

Back from vacation
    Years
    This is a really good game!
    I downloaded version 1.1 and i really really enjoyed it! Please go on this game is sooo good.

I have a qeustion though...
    When i download version 1.2 i can't start it up!
    Please answer here or on the pokemon illusion forum

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2007
    It's back? Really...... *tears up* I've been waiting for this day for so long...and now that it's finally here...*dies*

Back