• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon In My Opinion

m

Pokemon Rule. Simply Put.
    Years
    Hello everyone, im back at PC and I made a thread about this before, and a lot of people may dislike me for it, and a lot of people make enjoy it. Here goes...

Well im just wondering what people think about Pokemon. I know that may sound dumb considering im on a Pokemon website, but im serious. To be more specific...

How do you view Pokemon beyond a game or card based level? When I was a young child, Pokemon was always there and I have so many wonderful memories with my siblings and us all playing Pokemon. I love Pokemon, and to a lot of people they would just laugh at me saying that. But for me, Pokemon is a lot more then just "another video game".

I know a lot of people will laugh, and I really don't care. If this gets locked for some reason or another, then I didn't intend on that. But how about everyone here that reads this, enlighten us on your opinion on Pokemon. I know that if you joined PokeCommunity, you must like Pokemon more then just a video game. If you don't thats fine, I just want to know what people think. By the way, telling me I must be dumb or whatever won't really do any good, considering I don't care if you think im stupid =)

Ok post away if you wish.

-Jinx-

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    Your absolutely right. Pokemon means a lot more to me then it does to a lot of people. Pokemon has always held a very special place in my heart.

Personally I don't just see Pokemon as a game that's simply; training your Pokemon to level 100 and have the best EV values. It's pretty sad because a lot of people get caught up on this and don't get a chance to see really what Pokemon is.

It's definitely more then just a kids game to some of us. We see the wonderful amazing world of Pokemon and can easily get ourselves lost in it. It's a world that each and everyone of us would give anything to live their.

I'm not trying to say I don't have a clearly defined line between reality and fiction or that I escape from life by using Pokemon. No, I'm 19 years old and I have a real life, but I'm still able to allow my imagination to run wild when it comes to Pokemon. And I think Pokemon would be the only thing to ever captivate my imagination ways I only could when I was a child.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Besides Mario and co., Pokemon is pretty epic. I mean, talk about $$$. It's quite a fun little game, yes.

m

Years
    Lol cool im really thankful for the 19 year old who posted, which proves that every one of us still has youth left in us. I leave that to Angus Young to prove =) lol but seriously, Pokemon means a lot more to me then it does to most other people and im glad you guys so far are on my side =D

I thought my topic would have already started a flame war by now lol.

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
    this is generaly how i like the franchise

Games>anime, and Games>>>>>>>>>>>TCG

and more specificly....

Wifi/netbattle/shoddy battling>trading>>>>in-game playing>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Voice chat...

m

Years
    Wifi battling, shoddy battling what does this stuff mean? The point I try to get across is POKEMON. Im not talking about things to do with Pokemon, just Pokemon.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    Pokemon came out in Japan when I was five. After it came over here to the states, I asked my parents for Blue version, along with a game boy for my birthday. Long story short, my parents got me the game, but they got me a game boy color instead of the regular gameboy, much to my surprise. I've been playing ever since, and have a lot of good memories tied to the series.

For instance: I go camping at the beach with my best friend every year. We go down to the water during the day, and then come up and play pokemon at night. Before backlighting was introduced, we'd use flashlights to see the screens in the dark. We'd do mystery gift every day, help each other complete the dex, and host battles with our much-less-than-perfect teams. We didn't care about EV's and IV's and such, so there was no rhyme or rythm to the battles. It was always tense, always close, and always fun.

That's probably my best memory.

m

Years
    Pokemon came out in Japan when I was five. After it came over here to the states, I asked my parents for Blue version, along with a game boy for my birthday. Long story short, my parents got me the game, but they got me a game boy color instead of the regular gameboy, much to my surprise. I've been playing ever since, and have a lot of good memories tied to the series.

For instance: I go camping at the beach with my best friend every year. We go down to the water during the day, and then come up and play pokemon at night. Before backlighting was introduced, we'd use flashlights to see the screens in the dark. We'd do mystery gift every day, help each other complete the dex, and host battles with our much-less-than-perfect teams. We didn't care about EV's and IV's and such, so there was no rhyme or rythm to the battles. It was always tense, always close, and always fun.

That's probably my best memory.

Thank you so much. You right now have proved to me that I am definetly not the only one who plays Pokemon for the right reasons. You understand exactly what im talking about, thank you so much for sharing.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    It's been there forever.
    It's inspiration and a learning experience.

You'd have no idea of what Pokemon motivates me to study.
    Mythology is my own little thing.

It also lets me create my own little world where I can run about and fight peculiar monsters that breathe ice and blow whirlwinds - my one true dream, hehe.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    I guess you can say that I sort of grew up with the franchise. Pokémon was once the rage at school when I was young. I guess you can say that it was somewhat a part of my childhood. So, to continue that part of life with me, I have always kept up along with Pokémon by playing the games, because that's how I have gotten into it in the first place, not the anime (I can't get into the anime as much as I can with the video games). Its impossible to pull off a cold turkey and shove it out of the way due to my aging or for whatever reason. And its nice to share this benevolent feeling of Pokémon with a sibling of mine. We're very close so it means a lot.

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
    Wifi battling, shoddy battling what does this stuff mean? The point I try to get across is POKEMON. Im not talking about things to do with Pokemon, just Pokemon.
    they are extensions to the pokemon games so technicly they fall under the catergory of pokemon.

Gunn Yoshiaki said:
    I guess you can say that I sort of grew up with the franchise. Pokémon was once the rage at school when I was young. I guess you can say that it was somewhat a part of my childhood. So, to continue that part of life with me, I have always kept up along with Pokémon by playing the games, because that's how I have gotten into it in the first place, not the anime (I can't get into the anime as much as I can with the video games). Its impossible to pull off a cold turkey and shove it out of the way due to my aging or for whatever reason. And its nice to share this benevolent feeling of Pokémon with a sibling of mine. We're very close so it means a lot.
    yeah same here...

m

Years
    they are extensions to the pokemon games so technicly they fall under the catergory of pokemon.

yeah same here...

My point is, is that it has to do with Pokemon, it just isnt all about the Pokemon. Everyone else who posted here had their heart in it and it was about memories and such...Im not here to talk about the "perks" of Pokemon. Im here to ask people their memories with Pokemon, and if they love it in a sense that I do.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Games>Manga>Card Game>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Anime

IMO, at least

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Games>Manga>Card Game>Anime

IMO, at least

I thought that was maybe a tad bit unnecessary... Just maybe.

I hadn't heard of the Manga until this year, actually, so I'm not so sure it's cooler than the Card Game.

The games definately go first - and I'm not just saying the RPGs, but the Pokemon Stadium games, Snap, Hey You Pikachu!, Pinball and Gameboy TCG. I'll never forget them ;)

m

Years
    Ok, how about I put it in simpler terms...Memories to do with Pokemon that involve happiness, or childhood and such. Everyone can remember things with Pokemon, wifi battles, trading, beating the 5th gym, whatever, but its the little things that were special that im talking about. If you dont care about when you were a child with Pokemon then ok, dont post about it then. Im not here to talk about the anime, the video games, or whats cool with them. Im here to ask about what people connect to Pokemon on in a different level. Like the 19 year old who posted, read her post. She knows what I mean =D

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Time can't be stopped. We all get older every second. Nothing is everlasting, or is there..?

POKEMON will always be in our hearts. Though we grow older, our youth will never be erased, for it's the best part of our lives! What's more, POKEMON gave light and gave more meaning to our lives!

I simply love POKEMON, and I always dream of POKEMON were real...

That's all... ^^

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Pokemon used to be a video game for me - I'd catch six Pokemon when I was like, seven, and train up my starter whilst leaving the others low. :( I don't think EVs and IVs are around in the Gold/Silver days...now, I catch the Pokemon that I like the best, and I train them up equally. I treat them like my pets, almost. And I don't care for IVs and EVs - they didn't matter to me then, and they don't matter to me now.

Back