• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon in real life?

Do you think Pokemon will exist as real things in the future?

• Of course!

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • Maybe...

Votes: 19 33.9%
  • Never!

Votes: 25 44.6%

• Total voters

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
Years
  • yeah, if we do manipulate DNA, pokemon COULD become real...

and yes, in theory, you COULD make an animal smart enough to learn Human speech, AND be able to produce flames... it's all very possible...

BUT... modern science is nowhere near that level of DNA understanding, so if pokemon were to be made real, it wouldn't be in the near future...

note: I'm a student studying Genetic Manipulation, I would know...

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Pokemon in real life in our current world? Who cares if it's possible, hell no. We'd all be screwed, and there'd be too much crime (some 10 year old gets a Charizard, somebody bigger's bound to steal it). Also, terrorists would suddenly be even better, as now they could always just set things on fire if the bomb failed....Also, crows are annoying enough, without them all shouting "Murkrow" or "Yamikarasu" and smacking you with a Dark Pulse. Same goes for giant rats (Raticate) eating our buildings...

Pokemon in real life if our world was more like the game world? Now that'd be fine..and nobody'd be arguing ethics because some Italian dude's just cloned the worlds original species to create some sort of war-machine...yet hasn't got arrested (Yeah, I think Giovanni'd be Italian).

thedorkishguy

Growing PokeMaster
    Years
  • The closest pokemon would ever get to being called real... would be someone designing a virtual world like WOW (a MMORPG) which bases on pokemon & the pokemon world. (winkwink)

Besides, pokemon being real is a theory I highly doubt we're going to have caterpillars the size of our arms & butterflies that are able to lift us into the air.. Electric mouses sound pretty cool..​

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • There are a lot of ethical views involved in this subject - mostly to do with the fact that humans are playing God. It's also the reason why mammal cloning techniques haven't been fully expanded.

Personally, I think that creating Pokémon in the real world is a step too far. Pokémon is a franchise that brings us entertainment. There is no beneficial reason for Pokémon to be brought into the real world and the fact that Pokémon are supposed to have mythical powers to control different elements doesn't help either, as most of them are deemed dangerous.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    No, I don't think pokemon will ever become real.

But, that would be cool I would love it:D

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I highly doubt that will ever happen. I mean even if they could, why would they waste millions of dollars on it?

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2011
    It's all over in the year 2012 so we simply don't have enough time :D

All jokes aside the DNA manipulation is happening as we speak and that's not the real problem...
    Sure there might be "pokemon looking" animals some day but their ability's can not be recreated... ever.

zak

xpert trainer
    Years
  • Paint a rat yellow and strap a tazer gun on its back and you have your own pikachu, why all the dna manipulation XD

RR☆Oresama

Why? Has someone died? (¬_¬;)
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 10, 2013
    It can only happen through a post-apocalyptic event in which all animals evolve into creatures that can control the elements + nature + technology.

This causes several urbanized areas to revert back to farmland/desert like Times Square into Unova's Route 4.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • No, just no. I admit that real Pokemon may have been something I wanted as a kid, but that's because I never saw any drawbacks. Now I do.
    There are some pretty dangerous wild pokemon. Some trainers also may not be able to control their pokemon. I would really enjoy it if I didn't have a huge Tyranitar trying to Hyper Beam the entire city to death.

Years
  • Tyranitar trying to Hyper Beam the entire city to death.

sounds like godzilla to me.

Anyways we have more important things to worry about, like wars, space travel, and famine.

Maybe a thousand years from now on a remote planet in the deep reaches of space, people might make pokemon out of animals and release them on this planet- If anyone even remembers pokemon xD

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2011
    It is extremely highly likely that we can make most pokemon in the somewhat near future but unlikely that we will actually create them (aside from futuristic Japanese zoos and insane, rich pokemon fans) due to the cost versus the functionality. Also, when these pokemon are created I predict they won't appear much at all like their digital/drawn counterparts because of the complexity needed for life and the fact that some of their proportions wouldn't be very effective for a living creature.

Khengi

Nostalgic Trainer
    Years
  • I still think animatronic Pokemon would be the best. Maybe of just the starters.

Extremely realistic, life-like counterparts of the starters. Small Pokemon that are generally cute, learn, eat, sleep, cry, love, etc.

Essentially, make the AI ever growing. Make their outside real enough so that you don't get the impression of the 'robot' that they are. No jerky, robotic movements, but all fluid animal like movements. Just watch a squirrel for a moment: they have so many sudden fluid movements, and they're fast as well.

I think this is the best idea. In my opinion, it's the most realistic, and still gives us the feeling of having a 'real' Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    What a strange article. I assumed when I clicked on it that you would be asking how awesome it would be, hypothetically, to have real-life Pokemon. And to answer that question, yes, hypothetically, it would be super-awesome, and slightly unnerving too - see arguments above for Tyranitar Hyper Beaming cities.

But will Pokemon ever actually exist?! Of course not. Unless it's in hologram form. I've always wondered how possible it is in theory to have a holodeck like in Star Trek. I think that'd be absolutely awesome.

MurasakiYugata

Friend of Caterpie
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2010
    I have no problem with the basic moral premise of humans "playing God" with genetics. The issue I have with the whole idea stems from to the inevitable side effects that would come along with creating these things - namely the suffering to the creatures themselves. I find it hard to imagine that one could invent something as biologically unsound as some of the pokémon without causing them constant physical pain. And even if the animal is one day perfected to the point where it can live happily, that wouldn't justify the anguish of its prototypes. Furthermore, while battling pokémon in the games is all in good fun, battling real creatures in the same way would be cruel. So, it's an interesting idea, but there's too much potential for suffering and mistreatment for it to be ethical. I would much prefer some sort of virtual world where we could raise and battle pokémon without worrying about this sort of thing.

Back