• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON: INFINITY VERSION

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
    Well I must say this is a even much more ambitious project than my Pokemon HOF game. Coming out with the details of Fakemon takes forever and spriting them also takes forever. I do like the idea of including all the regions that appear in current Pokemon Video games and Anime series in a fan game but it's not wise to promise this much when you don't even have one region finished yet. The Final Fantasy status idea is quite funny and you should've known that it's not easy to script this. Like that Blueguy said before, this game project is extremely unrealistic and most of us don't see how this game would ever be successful. Nonetheless, I can see that you're really aspiring to creating an ultimate Pokemon fan game and I wish you good luck. Anyway, who would predict that we'd be able to travel to the moon in 2000BC?

Luke128th

These days shall pass...
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jun 1, 2012
    Well I must say this is a even much more ambitious project than my Pokemon HOF game. Coming out with the details of Fakemon takes forever and spriting them also takes forever. I do like the idea of including all the regions that appear in current Pokemon Video games and Anime series in a fan game but it's not wise to promise this much when you don't even have one region finished yet. The Final Fantasy status idea is quite funny and you should've known that it's not easy to script this. Like that Blueguy said before, this game project is extremely unrealistic and most of us don't see how this game would ever be successful. Nonetheless, I can see that you're really aspiring to creating an ultimate Pokemon fan game and I wish you good luck. Anyway, who would predict that we'd be able to travel to the moon in 2000BC?

Actually the first manned lunar landing was in 1969, bout 30 years ago...

Back on topic:
    Will you still need help designing any of the new areas to the regions, such as Greenfield and the Tree of Creation? I already have some of that ready in my game. Also, are you going to make an Regi encounter there?

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
    That was constructive, but I can elaborate. This is another project that will go nowhere, because it sets unrealistic, dumb goals, and is headed by a person that relies on a number of other people to do the work for him. The projects that succeed in this forum are far and few between, so it's just silly to see another thread claiming that it will feature "1000" new Pokémon, and 100 regions, and a bunch of other ridiculous, stupid, unachievable things.

It's just so annoying. As long as they're just ideas, then that's cool, but you do realize this has no potential to be anywhere near a demo.

How about the fact that you include "Light" type? If Nintendo intended there to be "Light" type Pokémon, it would have been introduced way back when for Gold and Crystal.

Well said. I don't expect this game to go anywhere either. I can't stand how so many amateurs come up with such lofty ideas like several hundred Fakemon and ALL regions and such, but don't get anywhere with them. You can't pull this off because (1) you can't do this by yourself and (2) you can't find enough dedicated people to make this work. I'm not being mean; I'm just telling the truth. There will never be a decent demo of this game.

Well I must say this is a even much more ambitious project than my Pokemon HOF game. Coming out with the details of Fakemon takes forever and spriting them also takes forever. I do like the idea of including all the regions that appear in current Pokemon Video games and Anime series in a fan game but it's not wise to promise this much when you don't even have one region finished yet.

That's why you can never trust these ideas unless you see a really good quality playable demo, or at least a very significant showing of progress.

Luke128th

These days shall pass...
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jun 1, 2012
    w00t! I am the lead mapper! So other than Greenfield, what else do you need?
    And I can't do anything other than the original four regions and the Sevii Islands. So if you need anything, just PM me. I'm already working on Greenfield. It's gonna be so awesome!

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2018
    I just contacted EnteiTheMant, and things will pick up soon; I guess I have to remind people that other people HAVE LIVES. He's a bit tied up right now between things, so it might be a bit of a wait, ok?

And Moose, let me be honest with you, now: Do not get me wrong; I COMPLETELY AGREE with what you're saying, as that has been a worry for me, too. HOWEVER, if you keep griping like that, you're only causing what you apparently don't want - causing people to drop the project - by telling them that it's a failure before it even begins to pick up. Also, I've noticed you griping like this on the Acanthite thread, too, and they've already done enough to show progress, in my eyes; just because you expect certain things to prove that the game is actually going somewhere, that doesn't make it so.

Luke128th

These days shall pass...
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jun 1, 2012
    Amen, well said, Heavy. We need encouragement, not putdowns! It's what keeps us striving. The occasional constructive critisizm is what makes the game better!

Back