• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

ase

learning How to Hack
    Years
    about time you got the thread up :p anyway this looks like an awesome hack good luck on it

Years
    Thanks all for the kind words...
    ... But I come bearing unfortunate news. A few days ago, we finally got the actual internet on my computer, but something happened with an update of some sort, and the computer is suffering from a Blue Screen of Death. I've figured out what is needed to do to hopefully get it working again, but it's at the loss of everything- ie, a format. I'll be losing all progress on Infinity, plus all my hacking tools, ROMs, all my music, everything- and even then, I'm not fully sure if it'll work.. It's unfortunate, but necessary. I know how ridiculous it sounds after just posting the thread recently, but it's the truth- I will start Infinity again, if/when I get the computer stable again (and download EVERYTHING I had before D':).
    Anyway, I can at least rip some tiles from the screenshots I've uploaded. Til then... You guys can keep commenting on whats up, I guess. Sorry, guys.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    Can't you like... put what you need on a flashdrive or something? That's what I had to do back in late December when we got a new computer.

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    EGAD!
    Rather than just formatting it, why don't you take an External HDD and start Back-up-ing? Maybe you could use someone's Comp. to transfer your data from your Comp.'s HDD (If it's on a Laptop... Oh darn D:).

Years
    Well, thanks for your concern guys, but I lacked the resources like an External Hard Drive (or someone nearby with a computer/the know-how to help). Although my Real-Life friend Brian gets more credit than in the first post, because he did alot for me, and so did Trebornosliw. I'm actually writing this post on my computer right now, with newly-installed Windows 7. I've got a lot of stuff to download to get anywhere close to what my old computer profile had, so until then I think I'll have a moderator close this thread. I'm tired, hungry, and a little bit too cautious right now to do much with the computer...
    But hear this;

INFINITY WILL NEVER DIE.

I've spent too much of my imagination on this. I know how cheesey this sounds, but I've got a vision for it. Truth be told, this is Infinity Part One, and although it doesn't look like there's been much progress on it, this is like... Infinity V5, lol, and has been a constant process for the past several months.

However, as I said, I'm tired right now. I might take a break for a few days before I start downloading stuff to start again, but I'mma be a lot more careful with that, even though that was't the cause of the problem.

Trust me guys, you have not seen the last of this.

Last edited:
    Years
    Thanks, Manipulation.
    Right, So I officially started again today, started with a bit of mapping. Currently with the default Emerald tiles, but they'll be gone very shortly, haha. Although, they'll likely be different to those shown in the first post's screens. If nothing else, this ordeal has given my imagination a chance for some new ideas. I've been doodling some new concept art for Team Technic, but I suck at drawing so I'll just put up a sprite when I have it done :D

Years
    I come with an update!

I began re-inserting tiles today. How anyone can use MS Pant for tile insertion is totally beyond me... but I managed it. The trees, at least.
    Pokemon Infinity

Pokemon Infinity
    Pokemon Infinity
    Pokemon Infinity
    Pokemon Infinity

Today, I got back to mapping. I also inserted FR Overworlds, as you can see in the screenshots...
    You'll also notice I'm using the colour-text system that FR used- red for girls, blue for boys, black for signs.

I will be replacing those building tiles eventually, as well as those flowers.

Last edited:

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    You may want to post your support banner at the top, unless you don't want anyone else using that one...?
    That "Infinity will never die" speech was positively inspiring. Let it become the battlecry of beleaguered hackers everywhere.
    Anyhoo, your tiles are just... wow. Awesome work. The trees look fantastic (you're right, the shadows really aren't necessary :P). I also like that you're using the text color system. I don't know why, but I've always liked that little feature.
    Again, anything I can do to help, just say the word.

Years
    You may want to post your support banner at the top, unless you don't want anyone else using that one...?
    That "Infinity will never die" speech was positively inspiring. Let it become the battlecry of beleaguered hackers everywhere.
    Anyhoo, your tiles are just... wow. Awesome work. The trees look fantastic (you're right, the shadows really aren't necessary :P). I also like that you're using the text color system. I don't know why, but I've always liked that little feature.
    Again, anything I can do to help, just say the word.

You're right, I meant to do that when I last edited the first post... I'll do it tomorrow, it's too much of a bother on my phone.
    Lol, I feel like adding Bruno's "Hoo-hah!" to the end of it. Thanks, I'm glad people took it seriously.
    Regarding the tiles, thanks for the feedback. I'll be changing the trees a bit, I'm sort of uncomfortable with the upper section of them. Meh, I'll work it out.
    Regarding the colour-text: it should be noted that the Ruby text and text-box have been replaced with the Emerald ones, because it looks plain better.
    Credits go to Chaos Rush for giving me a patch to do so.
    SOON ENOUGH, I WILL UPDATE THE FIRST POST WITH RECENT SCREENS OF INFINITY. I've got a bit more work to do- there were some pretty big maps I'd done, but I've done the first few and have a few scripts done for them. I'll be honest, though, I'm not planning to release a beta any time soon, I'd rather have a longish one (ehehehe, mature) as opposed to rushing it.

Last edited:
    Years
    Hey, I finally found your thread :P Hope your progress goes expeditiously (big word lol).

Thank you :)

I've been inserting a few tiles and such, and doing some maps. All the indoor tiles have been replaced with FR ones.
    (Partial credit should go to the maker of Pokemon Crystal Shards. That's an Emerald hack that uses FR tiles, and I had a look at how he did it (since indoor ones are a bit tricky.) Granted, he pretty much ported them directly from FireRed, but through that I discovered it was the easiest way, so... yeah.)

Here are some screens of what I've been doing. The last two showcase Amberdale City, the town with the first Gym.

Pokemon Infinity

Pokemon Infinity

Pokemon Infinity

Pokemon Infinity

Pokemon Infinity

I won't be saying the type of the first Gym Leader, because... Well, it's pretty obvious. Speculate if you want, though, it wont last too long :D.
    Oh, yeah, ignore the FR Mum sprite, and the Player sprite. My good friend Intoxicated already sprited a Mum for me, and the smexy hero sprite, I just haven't re-inserted them yet.
    That's all ;)

Last edited:

nasonex

is trying to learn how to hack
    Years
    Nice Updates! Can't wait for the new Updates in the first post!

Seems to me that you are truly a man of your word!

This hack stopped but now it's up again! whew! It gives me the goosebumps!

I'm very excited for next updates! and the next one and the nex next one and so forth!

Maybe if you'll put a UPDATES Section, It'll be easier for us to see your updates.. hehe

^--- just a sugestion.. ahihihi

Anyways! GooooooD LucK!!! :D

Years
    @ger345, though your post was deleted, I did see it before it was, so thanks for the kind words.
    @nasonex, thanks, too. I'll clean this up soon, had a bit of a busy week, and this week will be even busier.

Anyway, I have a small update- tiles. The tree was getting on my nerves so I sprited a new one today. I also inserted some riverbank/pond edge (whatever) tiles, by Wesley FG. Here is a map shot of Route 303. I won't be showing any other full maps, though- this is purely to show the tiles, as I wasn't bothered to edit the connections and take a screenshot.

Spoiler:

I LOVE my new tree, lol. Any suggestions/comments? Think I should change something?

Years
    That tree looks much better! All the tiles seem to fit well together. But you should re-sprite the flower things, and the grass tile. (Not the wild grass tile.)

Anyway, good luck!

Years
    Yeah, I'll be doing some new flower tiles (ones that actually move). The way the palette is in RSE, the flower becomes messed up when I changed the palette, so I haven't used it at all.
    Right now it's FR buildings with custom trees and mountains. Funnily enough, I decided on respriting the grass tile today- I'd just left it as the Ruby one, but it makes the maps look a bit spotty. I'll add some lighter tones and all...
    I've been doing TONNES of maps recently. I think I'll stop after the 3rd Gym, that should make for a nice playable beta.

nasonex

is trying to learn how to hack
    Years
    Been looking forward to the beta for a while. Hopefully you'd be be
    able to finish your first beta soon. :P

BTW, I actually love the trees! But the I didn't like the color of the
    trees. It looks kinda dull. Make it brighter so it'll be full of life. :D

Anyways Good Luck on this Hack! :3

oldenmw

so i herd u liek mudkipz
    Years
    Love the trees, they look great! Nice and realistic, and they go with the rest of the tiles nicely.

Although I do agree, those flowers look like concrete. Glad to hear you'll be putting in new ones!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back