• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Inflamed Red (Current Version: v1.0.5)

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2023
    Congrats on this hack, great job.
    When are you planning a new update for?

Also, new mechanichs and tools would be appreciated, such as Poke Vial (6 times), Inf Repel, etc, similar to Radical Red 3.02.
    Thanks

Years
  • Congrats on this hack, great job.
    When are you planning a new update for?

Also, new mechanichs and tools would be appreciated, such as Poke Vial (6 times), Inf Repel, etc, similar to Radical Red 3.02.
    Thanks

New update will hopefully be out early to mid next month.

The Pocket PC basically serves as a replacement for the Pokevial / PocketCentre, as putting a mon in the PC will heal it (PC mons do not store HP). I may actually make an upgrade to the pokevial / pocketcentre in v2.0.0. As for Infinite Repel, I feel like things like this make the game feel like a battle simulator more than an actual game. You can also grind cash really easily with the EXP Trainer in Vermillion, so a Infinite Repel is useless. Thanks for the feedback though!

Years
  • I have some ideas for future updates

1.easy mode for newbies
    2.Character selection(can choose your character from any generation from 1st to 8th generation) would be very good
    3.Maximum level 250 (chose clear but would increase dynamics)
    4.put the pokemon out of the pokeball (if possible)
    5.choose different soundtrack modes(like choosing southtrack from kanto or jotho would be nice)
    6.put a Portuguese version (it would be very useful for those who don't speak English)

1. Normal mode is already easy enough.
    2. Maybe for gen 1-3 characters, but gen 1-8 characters is a no go, especially if you want EVERY character, including non-main character.
    3. Nope.
    4. Not possible, there's over 1200 (1296, currently) species in the game. That would require 1296 different follower sprites, and I'm already a bit low on free space.
    5. Maybe for v2.0.0.
    6. Nope, sorry. I don't have the time to translate the game to Portuguese, I also don't speak Portuguese so I can't translate it.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Glad to hear the update is coming soon!

I've mentioned this in the Discord, so I hope it's not repetitive to see here, but for future updates, I would like to see a "classic" mode with the only change being to the rivals'/gym leaders'/Elite 4 teams. Specifically having
    Spoiler:
    They'll still have new Pokémon, full 6 member teams, items, EVs, 31 IVs, etc. Again, give them anything you like at all in the post-game, too!

This isn't an issue of difficulty, more just of flavor. It is a little jarring to see
    Spoiler:
    I believe it was Inclement Emerald that handled this by
    Spoiler:
    And again, this could just be an additional mode/option while still allowing people who like the current version to keep it.

I hope this doesn't come across as rude at all. I really love what I've played of the game so far!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Glad to hear the update is coming soon!

I've mentioned this in the Discord, so I hope it's not repetitive to see here, but for future updates, I would like to see a "classic" mode with the only change being to the rivals'/gym leaders'/Elite 4 teams. Specifically having
    Spoiler:
    They'll still have new Pokémon, full 6 member teams, items, EVs, 31 IVs, etc. Again, give them anything you like at all in the post-game, too!

This isn't an issue of difficulty, more just of flavor. It is a little jarring to see
    Spoiler:
    I believe it was Inclement Emerald that handled this by
    Spoiler:
    And again, this could just be an additional mode/option while still allowing people who like the current version to keep it.

I hope this doesn't come across as rude at all. I really love what I've played of the game so far!

Unfortunately, with the way "alternate" (eg: hard mode) teams are handled, I'm not too sure if this would be possible. It also requires me to make 2 new teams for every trainer that has legendaries (around 20, I believe). I have removed May's Mega Rayquaza from normal mode, as I realized that was completely broken. Maybe in v2.0.0, I'll make a classic mode, but not for v1.1.0

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Aw, well, thanks for at least taking it into consideration! Best of luck with everything, and I'll definitely be keeping an eye on IR!

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2023
    Hi! is there any compilation of evolution methods? Not sure how to evolve Galar/Hisui Pokemon.

And if you're still taking suggestions for additional features/improvements, may I suggest an infinite repel system like Radical Red has? Would make grinding much easier. Really enjoying the game!

Alphabetti_Spaghetti

Joe Mãos À Obra
    Years
  • Hey bro, do you have any idea about when the next update of this wonderful rom hack will be available? Will Paldea pokemon be in Pokemon Inflamed Red any day? Also, where is the move tutor who teaches Throat Chop? If there isn't one, i give you some advice: You should put a move tutor who teaches this move, that's one of the best Dark-type moves. Shiftry, Absol, Honchkrow and Weavile totally depend on this move. SInce you also support pokemon Radical Red, you should also put in that rom hack a move tutor who teaches Throat Chop, Dual Chop and Signal Beam, since thera aren't move tutors who teach these moves in Radical Red. Signal Beam is great for Magnezone and would be excellent for Kilowattrel, if you're planning to put Paldea pokemon in your rom hacks. DUal CHop is great for Bisharp (and should be for Kingambit), Blaziken and Machamp. Dracovish should learn it, and Dragapult should learn Shadow Claw. If you think those ideas are good, i really recommend you to use it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2023
    I think the creator has left this hack rom. There is no answer from him for about 6 months.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2023
    The pokedex site (https://ydarissep.github.io/inflamed-red-pokedex/) shows Luxray as an electric/dark type in this game but when I evolved Luxio into Luxray and it's only an Electric type. I even tested for a visual bug it by getting hit by a fighting move and it wasn't super effective. Was this changed or is this a bug somehow?

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2023
    When I use Floaty Fall on Ledian the game crashes. He still seems super strong with dual wingbeat at least.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2023
    Where do I buy more pokeballs? Im at the 2nd gym leader currently and pokemart have no balls

Years
    • He, him
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Where do I buy more pokeballs? Im at the 2nd gym leader currently and pokemart have no balls

Viridian Mart has Pokeballs. Pewter and Cerulean also sell Pokeballs, but they are not sold at the mart. Go to the Pokemon Centre, a person on the left of the nurse sells them.

Since you're at Cerulean, and can't proceed before beating the 2nd Gym, you should buy them from the Pokemon Centre.

Back