• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Into the Void

Should I keep my idea about the pokemon types?

• Yes, I like this

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • No, I want all pokemon types

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

ImmortalDusk

Pokemon Gamer
    Years
    Well guys, originally I wanted to keep this hidden from everyone and just try to make it myself and upload the finished product like the creator of Pokemon Outlaw did, but I really want some input, so here goes...

This is an idea that I've been trying to resurface in my mind from 3 years ago when I originally got into ROM hacking.

Plot:
    You play as a mid-teenage character who loses their father in a severe weather incident that wipes out his research station on the island that he raised you on, shortly after he entrusted you with the only pokemon he had happened to find. This prompts the character to spiral at the loss, questioning Arceus and Giratina (which now I really wanna change to Xerneas and Yveltal.) Along the way, you battle trainers that represent the 5 levels of grief and the 3 plains of the afterlife, along with many other trainers of course, with each granting you a token of enlightenment, slightly restoring your happiness and rationality.

During your journey, you encounter an organization bent on merging the realms of the afterlife who call themselves Team Eternal. You must do what any hero does and set aside your personal agenda to save all existence...

Planned Features:

New Region: Limbo

New Trainer Sprites (at least for the player characters)

New Rival Sprite (possibly multiple rivals)

New Evil Organization: Team Eternal

The Eon Tower (working title), a seemingly endless Handicapped Knockout challenge where every floor's battle impairs your pokemon in some way.

Since this is a hack about the afterlife and stages of grief, I'm going to be including the more sinister pokemon types for the most part predominantly (unless my poll outweighs with the all types option)
    So pretty much it's gonna be, Dark, Ghost, Poison, Psychic, and Fighting, which will hopefully leave me room to implement pokemon from all 6 generations, unless you guys don't like the prospect, then I'll figure something out.

At the current moment, I can't figure out a way to change the Elite Four to fit my theme. I'm open to suggestions.

Edit: Dragon types will also be on the list, I didn't even leave them out on purpose, I'm just air-headed.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    I like the typing idea but the problem is you will have to change the typing of half the pokemon in the game including Girantina (part dragon) and Arcues (normal type) arceus could just be made to hold the spooky plate (or ghost plate) to make it ghost but it would always have to hold it.

ImmortalDusk

Pokemon Gamer
    Years
    I like the typing idea but the problem is you will have to change the typing of half the pokemon in the game including Girantina (part dragon) and Arcues (normal type) arceus could just be made to hold the spooky plate (or ghost plate) to make it ghost but it would always have to hold it.

I know, that's also why I put it to a vote. Also, a way to work around it, albeit not ideal, would be to make the legendaries uncapturable, but no one would like that.

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    I know, that's also why I put it to a vote. Also, a way to work around it, albeit not ideal, would be to make the legendaries uncapturable, but no one would like that.

I would not suggest doing that. And I just meant it would be extremely taxing cause with all 6 gens that is a lot of pokemon to manually change the type of. *shivers*

ImmortalDusk

Pokemon Gamer
    Years
    I would not suggest doing that. And I just meant it would be extremely taxing cause with all 6 gens that is a lot of pokemon to manually change the type of. *shivers*

That's why I said it would be easier if the 5 types I named were the ONLY ones in the hack, that would free up a lot of space that I could rewrite with pokemon from all of the generations.

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    That's why I said it would be easier if the 5 types I named were the ONLY ones in the hack, that would free up a lot of space that I could rewrite with pokemon from all of the generations.

I understand that but dude my eyes are hurting just thinking about doing that all by my self. (And now that I think about it I will probably have to in the future)

ImmortalDusk

Pokemon Gamer
    Years
    I understand that but dude my eyes are hurting just thinking about doing that all by my self. (And now that I think about it I will probably have to in the future)

Well yeah, I'm not looking for help on this hack, just purely input, and to see if anyone is genuinely interested.

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    Well yeah, I'm not looking for help on this hack, just purely input, and to see if anyone is genuinely interested.

I wasn't volunteering to help but if you had asked I would have. I am interested at least. Are you gonna have beta testers?

ImmortalDusk

Pokemon Gamer
    Years
    Welp, I've hit an unfortunate roadblock. I use a Mac with Wine that doesn't have enough space for bootcamp, and half of the tools I need don't work when converted into apps.

Needless to say, I'm not sure if I'll be able to make any viable progress.

To be honest, I don't even know if anyone else is even remotely interested in the concept, so I'm not even sure if I should continue past the idea stage.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Well guys, originally I wanted to keep this hidden from everyone and just try to make it myself and upload the finished product like the creator of Pokemon Outlaw did, but I really want some input, so here goes...

This is an idea that I've been trying to resurface in my mind from 3 years ago when I originally got into ROM hacking.

Plot:
    You play as a mid-teenage character who loses their father in a severe weather incident that wipes out his research station on the island that he raised you on, shortly after he entrusted you with the only pokemon he had happened to find. This prompts the character to spiral at the loss, questioning Arceus and Giratina (which now I really wanna change to Xerneas and Yveltal.) Along the way, you battle trainers that represent the 5 levels of grief and the 3 plains of the afterlife, along with many other trainers of course, with each granting you a token of enlightenment, slightly restoring your happiness and rationality.

During your journey, you encounter an organization bent on merging the realms of the afterlife who call themselves Team Eternal. You must do what any hero does and set aside your personal agenda to save all existence...

Planned Features:

New Region: Limbo

New Trainer Sprites (at least for the player characters)

New Rival Sprite (possibly multiple rivals)

New Evil Organization: Team Eternal

The Eon Tower (working title), a seemingly endless Handicapped Knockout challenge where every floor's battle impairs your pokemon in some way.

Since this is a hack about the afterlife and stages of grief, I'm going to be including the more sinister pokemon types for the most part predominantly (unless my poll outweighs with the all types option)
    So pretty much it's gonna be, Dark, Ghost, Poison, Psychic, and Fighting, which will hopefully leave me room to implement pokemon from all 6 generations, unless you guys don't like the prospect, then I'll figure something out.

At the current moment, I can't figure out a way to change the Elite Four to fit my theme. I'm open to suggestions.

This seems pretty interesting.
    I am willing to help you in making this a reality, if your using Firered as your base, since you didn't mention what you were using.
    I can sprite, script, map, and hex edit and I can show you an example if you want, but only of spriting since I won't be on my computer again until around 4:30pm EST. Other examples just have to wait, unfortunately.

ImmortalDusk

Pokemon Gamer
    Years
    This seems pretty interesting.
    I am willing to help you in making this a reality, if your using Firered as your base, since you didn't mention what you were using.
    I can sprite, script, map, and hex edit and I can show you an example if you want, but only of spriting since I won't be on my computer again until around 4:30pm EST. Other examples just have to wait, unfortunately.

Well, I was originally planning on using Emerald, but if fire red makes it easier to receive help, which I now realize because of my limited tools that I'm gonna need help, then I'm more than willing to use it instead.

And what I mean by using all 6 generations is using just those types for the standard and pseudo legendary, I was gonna include as many legendary as possible that would suit the theme.

Any help at all will be appreciated at this point.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Well, I was originally planning on using Emerald, but if fire red makes it easier to receive help, which I now realize because of my limited tools that I'm gonna need help, then I'm more than willing to use it instead.

And what I mean by using all 6 generations is using just those types for the standard and pseudo legendary, I was gonna include as many legendary as possible that would suit the theme.

Any help at all will be appreciated at this point.

Then I can help. Do you have anything done yet or is it just the idea?

Back