• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon is number one...

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
    Years
    Oh yeah, I read that article a few days ago. I guess Yu-Gi-Oh! didn't pull in the lead as much as we all thought! At the Yu-Gi-Oh! convention I went to on February 7th at the mall, I saw a boy that might've been 7 or 8 and he was at a Yu-Gi-Oh! cart trying to buy something with his Dad and in his hand he had a Pokemon notebook/puzzle that was packaged. Seems to me all Yu-Gi-Oh! fans were Pokemon fans (and still are) prior to when it came along, anyway. ^_^

igtica

Mmmm....Cheesecake
    Years
    lol I saw that article too. I always look for facts to prove that pokemon is strong still. It's always great to find so many.

Years
    im gonna get all da pokemon fans together at my skool and were gonna storm the halls and over throw the jock overlords...
    Whos with me
    *crickets chirrp*
    ok ill go
    *storms da halls...**
    **gets killed by jocks**
    ow
    i did it 4 all ya at pc

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 13, 2006
    I knew that a long time ago. Many people like pokemon but they hide their admiration for it. Unlike me. *slaps his chest* I'm a proud lover of Pokemon.

Evil Togepi

Yu-Gi-Oh GX owns my SOUL!
    Years
    *nods* yes there is still many many fans about, I've been one for almost 5 years and even though my intrest has gone up and down in it, it still remained quite strong, I was a bit apprihensive of telling people I watched it when I was younger but now I'll tell anyone and couldn't careless what they thought...
    ...I'm just REALLY glad I got into it after I left school cos the people there would of given me a heck of a time with it O_o;;

My brother was one of those many people who was a closert pokemon fan... he liked it at first and used to watch it before school and even went to see the 1st movie with me, then I guess he learned all his school mates hated it so he started to hate it....it's sad when someone's mind is turned like that due to peer pressure I guess *shrugs* That's why I've always stuck with what I liked no matter how much everyone else didn't like it *nods* and that's why I've been free to be a fan of the show for this long :D

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 13, 2006
    You're sure right, Evil Togepi. I have a youger cousin that used to be a lover but turned completey away from it. I try to make him like it but he just won't like it. Grrr. I'm going to beat up those kids who make others hate pokemon.

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
    yeah i went through an "i dislike pok?mon" phase. but now i'm back into it. everyone that says that they don't like pok?mon most likely did at some point. when it 1st came to the US it seemed like everyone liked it. now they say they hate it but deep down they probably still like it even if it's only a little bit.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Oh yes, I saw this article. ^_^ It was so nice to find out such good information. Proves that Pokemon isn't dead after all. And I bet a lot of those people who do watch the show are just liars that tell everybody else that they hate it, but secretely do enjoy it. So, ehehehe.

And my brother can be the same way as yours Evil Togepi, especially when he's around my cousin. He's never hated Pokemon, but his interest keeps going up and down. As for me, I've always been loyal to it, never once denying that I do like it! ^_^

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 13, 2006
    I'm sort of rough to people that hate pokemon. Luckily, one my friends like it. I persuaded him to join PC. I think his username is Blazekin.

Years
    I read that article. Showed my mom. she didnt care. showed my sister she said "It's just a bunch of geeks and people who collect games." GER! I never went through those "hate" stages. I liked Pok?mon starting in...the end of 2 grade lets see..thats like 5 years? i cant count. oh well. Pok?mon aint dead and wont be for a while I think. yep.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 13, 2006
    Sapphire said:
    I read that article. Showed my mom. she didnt care. showed my sister she said "It's just a bunch of geeks and people who collect games." GER! I never went through those "hate" stages. I liked Pok?mon starting in...the end of 2 grade lets see..thats like 5 years? i cant count. oh well. Pok?mon aint dead and wont be for a while I think. yep.

I started liking pokemon in 2nd grade for five years also. And I never lost interest in it. Come to think of it, I watched pokemon out of all tv shows. That probaly shows how much I like it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2004
    Dude, most people who once liked Pokemon still play the gameboy game r something. So what? Why care? You are who you are- why lie about it? If I was some fan of like...the Tellitubies or something, (lmao, I'm not though), who gives a crap. It's just gay that anyone is so stupid about it.

Tweak

heh, i bought pokemon advance TOPPS collectible cards just yesterday. =/ i've always liked pokemon. i dunno why. think about it, what if yugioh never existed? what would be the outcome of pokemon? or would some other anime replace it.

now...just when are they goina bring back pokemon cereal. x) they cud make legendaries marshmellows so i can chew on them. >_> heh

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    There is only one thing I hate about yugioh. Well, two things actually.

first, yugioh has completely overrrun the pokemon league where I'm at. Most people are playing yuioh at the card shop during league time instead of pokemon.

Second, most of the yugioh players who are their are so mean, they either laugh at the fact you like pokemon, talk about you behind your back, or totally beat you down in a duel and luagh aobut it the whole way.

besides those two annoying facts, I like yugioh, but yeah, pokemon would probably be much better off if yugioh hadn't come along. Too much unfriendly copmetition. That's why my pokemon league organizer often calls it "The evil Game" or "yugi-***. It really annoys him.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2008
    The reason people hate pokemon like that is because they think its too kiddy.

I dont care if anyone knows i like it, a friend of mine dislikes pokemon fans, says its a waste of time...but when I let him play on my ruby version- he really got into it, and was really excited on his search to find that **** latios, i just left him to it hoping he would catch something LOL :cheeky:, he never did though. so i guess you're right snowangel3181988. :) People do still like pokemon a bit.
    I'm glad to hear about this anyway.

Back