• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Islandil Theives 3: The Way

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
Years
  • Pokemon Islandil Theives 3: The Way(Taking in Radio Station Applicants!!!)

Okay, the other 2 Islandil Theives were rom hacks, but due to the unreliability of roms, they bodged, showing only a white screen and messed up data, that's why the next one is gonna be on RMXP.
    I have tons of experience with RPG Maker 2000 and 2003, but this rgss scripting has blown that knowledge out of the water, so here I am gain, still a nOOb.

If you want to keep up with this game go to www.datra.tk, new stuff will be posted there shortly.

The Story:
    After Isnaldil Theives 1 and 2, the main hero has a buisness company called Islandil Corparations(he used to be a homeless person, qite a leap) but this gets taken over by that rival guy from G/S/C, don't know his proper name, but his daughter doesn't approve of his ways, so when the hero is thrown on this island, she follows, as she tries to get the beaten up hero on the boat so he can get back home, it's shot by her father, so they bpth have to find a way out of this mess. Bit the island inhabitans follow this mysterious force called "The Way" they worship this force and abide it's every command. I can't tell you what it is, that'll spoil the plot.:P

Features:
    2 Player Action, one person controls the male hero, one person controls the female hero, if you don't have another person to play with, the female hero is computer controlled and follows you around automaticly.

2 Player Battles, each hero takes out the first Pokemon from their Poke'balls, allowing 12 Pokemon in your party.

The Trainer Fights aswell??? That's right, the trainers get off their lazy arses and do some damage, they equip weapons(Pokemon can aswell) and fight the enemy, they are very weak though. If all your Pokemon die, you do not die, the oppenents Pokemon will have to kill you himself, so once all the Pokemon from a trainer's party is gone, you can attack the trainer.But the trainer can only use defensive techniques and maybe the odd attack but theat's very weak.

New areas and Pokemon.

At the moment, I plan to make the battle system a CDBS, but I'm not sure yet.

That's all for now, the 2 player movement system will be developed shortly.

Note: The second player will use the num pad.

Screenshots:

The first area: Kithia Lagoon

The female hero follows you throughout the game if you do not have a second player to play with.

Please give me your comments and ideas.:)

Last edited:

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
    Years
  • yeah, I'm trying to find a decent water tileset, does anyone have any?
    Also, there will be a Day/Night system in the game.
    The 2 player engine in going well, but unfortunately 2 Player will only be able to move, not interact wit the surroundings.:)

EDIT: I forgot to post the 2 main heroes, so here they are.:)
    I know these are from thr RTP but I just like the look of them so darn much.

EDIT2:Since I'm using a CDBS, this is what the battle scene will look like.

Your starter is a Skitty LV20(for the female hero) and the male hero won't start with any Pokemon. But the Skitty gets stolen in the first town but then you both manage to recieve a Pokemon, but they're both LV5.

Last edited:

Dream Illusionist

//Teenager with S.T.Y.L.E.//
    Years
  • *dodgy look* Just to tell you datriot, something you did that I think that shouldn't be done: You enlarged the R/S sprites. When you do so, they get awful dodgy, and makes it doesn't look good, when comparing to the RTP characters. You should search in Google, or any other search engine for images of the Pok?mons, and not sprites. (This is just an opinion :P)

For example, I've attached a Skitty image. See if you like it better ;) (the image quality also isn'tof the best, but it should do the trick :P)

Oh, and for image resizing (you might need to shrink pokemon images you get if you like the idea) you should use Photoshop- it'll give you the exact values that will only make the image shrink, and not distort. Around 160 pixels should be the right size to use :P

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
    Years
  • thansk Sylph, I just resized tem because they were so darn small, I'll use the new Skitty.:)
    Luckily I've got Photoshop so I should be able to do it.:)
    Also I thought I'd show you my idea for the icons of moves, I've made it so if it's a normal move I've put i clourless energy and fighting it's a fighting energy etc.

PS: I know the game is lookin' a little dodgy with some errors in but it'll all be fixed.

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
    Years
  • at the moment and I'm making a menu option, to view your collected Trading Cards, I'm making some Fake Cards you see and I'll be putting them in my game, you won't be able to play with them, you can only collect them by buying booster packs and decks.

Of course there is gonna be new Pokemon, one of the starters is a newly discorvered Bug Pokemon.:)

Shadow Death

Fanatic
    Years
  • It looks very nice so far and the maps are yet big. :paranoid:

But good work, but the Battle System isn't mine type though.

Edit: Dont take this as me flaming you in any way, I'm even more noob then that. :D

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
    Years
  • Solus said:
    It looks very nice so far and the maps are yet big. :paranoid:

But good work, but the Battle System isn't mine type though.

Edit: Dont take this as me flaming you in any way, I'm even more noob then that. :D

Thanks, well, the map at the top has been fixed, it's got more detail and objects, etc.
    The battle system is also going very nicely, I've changed it so SP is PP and Trainers have 0 PP, the trading card menu is also going very well.:)
    Here's an example of a Trading Card that will be in the game:
    http://img363.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dragonaircopy9vm.png

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
    Years
  • here is the next screenshot, after you get a new card, it shows it to you automaticly, this card is given to you by some kid.

The actual card is made by me.:)
    I plan to put five sets of cards into the game:
    EX: Da.De.Du.De.Do(Made by me)
    EX: Trainers(Made by QFred)
    EX: Hidden Legends(Official Pokemon Set)
    EX: Emerald(Official Pokemon Set)
    EX: Islandil Theives(Made by me)

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
    Years
  • thanks, well, here's the menu of Trading Cards, I've decided to make 4 sets instead of 5 aswell.

It tells you how many cards you have in that set, you can alos select the set you want and view all your cards in that set.

AbareMax

Your Italian Pok?mon Fan!
    Years
  • Hmmm. I don't know about this...The mapping could use a lot of extra work. Remember maps are probably the most important thing in the game, because that's where the player spends the most time.

Another note. On that last screen, it looks like one of the characters is walking on the tree @_@.

AbareMax

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
    Years
  • well, my mapping skills are improving a bit the reason that the person is walking into a the edge of the tree is at the time I didn't set it so it's over you, but I've corrected the error.:)

Back